Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

How Prepared ARE you?

Iun

Barricade the house, play video games and let the whole thing blow over.

If the barricades fail, I have multiple cricket bats in my house. That should sort them out, and I reckon I have enough supplies to create a few molotov cocktails to chuck out the windows. I don't have any real weapons though, so I'll invest in a Spartan Laser something in the future.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Haha, didn't think this many people would have thought of it too.

I had plan with my friends for these situation, and the key point we had reached was the need of water that would last years until rescue comes. We would fill our cars with supplies we had around the house (in each house) mainly food and gas, everyone would take their cell phones, radios and batteries too. We would then drive to the local water tower while raiding strategic points that were on the way, in my case a weapons shop, and meet at the water tower.

Barricaded there we would have enough water, wireless communications and a large surface at an high point for an SOS sign. Since there's 1 way up, 2 ways down, the zombies would have an hard time climbing up the vertical stairs and we would have an emergency escape they can't reach.

Am I prepared ?

well to start with I would go upstairs get my father knives collection go downstairs again find my coat, leather gloves, shiny shoes and top hat.

Drive to Mundis house pick him up (or kill him if he is a zombie) drive to the nearest fishing store grab a shotgun and some bullets, and then do what every one does tries to survive.

so do you think I´m prepared ?

Am I prepared ?

well to start with I would go upstairs get my father knives collection go downstairs again find my coat, leather gloves, shiny shoes and top hat.

Drive to Mundis house pick him up (or kill him if he is a zombie) drive to the nearest fishing store grab a shotgun and some bullets, and then do what every one does tries to survive.

You have your Tophat! :D Of course your prepared! :grin:

and if that fails... at least you'll go down looking Stylish! :awesome: : peace:

Am I prepared ?

How nice of you :Þ

Why the lack of guns people? i spose it may not hurt them... *thinks* i know, lots and lots of fire will save people!
We need more shotguns. Effective or not, it'll be good leisure time once the world's taken over.

*BANG*

*SPLATTER*

*CHUCKCHUCK*

*BANG*

*SPLATTER*

Now that I think about it, good clean clothes are a necessity too.

Use the power of science people!

My shopping list:

2 barrels of Saltpeter

1 bag of charcoal

1 bag of sulphur

1 pestle and mortar

1 reel cotton rope

10 cotton handkerchiefs

1 reel synthetic wire

2 spare cans of petrol

1 cooks torch

1 super soaker

5 cans WD40

Lots and lots of canned food (the tins make good grenades)

Safety goggles + welding gloves (don't want to end up mortally wounding myself eh?)

Who can tell me what i can make from this little lot?

Living a mile away from the nearest village i've been nominated as the safe house, we'd see the zombies long before they'd arrive! In the team we have 2 engineers, 1 close combat expert, 1 pyro (me!), 1 getaway driver/fire arms supplier/expert, and 2 lackeys. The plan is to set traps around the local area and then lay low for a week, setting watches 24/7 on all 4 sides. We'll use that week to mod my mates land rover to carry us all, along with sufficient ammo, pyrotechnics, food and fuel to get us in to the Scottish Highlands.

I am completely unprepared and am, in fact, quite happy to be taken, become a zombie and try and eat my friends.

... Right. Ok so if we're in a group together, you're the guy who will open teh doors first :)

Ultimate plan; get an oil tanker boat thing. First thing I'd do is nail tables to the windows and generally block them - or if in sheffield, skip to the next step... Fashion some sort of belt/satchel to carry home-made lightweight slashing tool, a bludgeoner and a bunch of knives. Wear lots of layers, perhaps mould some baking trays (or other bite-proof material) into shoulder pads, attached over garments probably. Also bite-proof gloves will be handy.

I'd try and find other survivors, and figure out whose house is easiest protected, and try to get all of our combined supplies and useful things into one place. Best house would have a roof/garden/balcony with access to neighbouring rooves, and not too many windows. A lot of houses in student areas have metal bars on the windows and doors - an outer cage would be best - could even rig it to electricity. I'd probably not be too worried about any incoming help, but perhaps have large signs on windows/roof saying "survivors inside" and the date, so that rescuers would know how accurate the sign is.

I think I'd arrange for small groups of us - no smaller than four I'd say - to try and recon teh area, check for other safe houses or survivors. I'm sure looting will be very commonplace, and we'd need a good food source. Tinned food would be good for the short-to-medium term, but ultimately we'd need to grow our own. perhaps if the house has a roof garden it'd be easer, but if it just has a regular garden, it'd be trickier, but manageable with some decent fencing I suppose. That would be taken into consideration when choosing a house.

Either we'd work towards clearing the area - maybe try and lay down a perimeter fence that we'd try and move outwards bit by bit. And so on, and so on.

As for how prepared I am right now-- well fuck that paranoia. If i had to be prepared for zombies at all times, i'd have to be prepared for every possible natural disaster, nuclear fall out, nazis, aliens... too much.

Ideally we'd be able to kill zombies for sport to pass the time too :)

Use the power of science people!

My shopping list:

2 barrels of Saltpeter

1 bag of charcoal

1 bag of sulphur

1 pestle and mortar

1 reel cotton rope

10 cotton handkerchiefs

1 reel synthetic wire

2 spare cans of petrol

1 cooks torch

1 super soaker

5 cans WD40

Lots and lots of canned food (the tins make good grenades)

Safety goggles + welding gloves (don't want to end up mortally wounding myself eh?)

Who can tell me what i can make from this little lot?

Living a mile away from the nearest village i've been nominated as the safe house, we'd see the zombies long before they'd arrive! In the team we have 2 engineers, 1 close combat expert, 1 pyro (me!), 1 getaway driver/fire arms supplier/expert, and 2 lackeys. The plan is to set traps around the local area and then lay low for a week, setting watches 24/7 on all 4 sides. We'll use that week to mod my mates land rover to carry us all, along with sufficient ammo, pyrotechnics, food and fuel to get us in to the Scottish Highlands.

AWesome plan, i'm gonna go start grinding and maybe wild mosters will drop me the quest items.

Also, i'd steal myself a playstation 3 and a wii while the looting was going on.

Then i'd take my 360 (when i get a working one) and the safe house would be the most awesome place ever.

If we are talking real zombies you know the brainless slow walking ones then we'll all be fine.

You will be able to come out of your house, run around them or even just a light jog perhaps and carry on with life as normal.

I guess I'm not the only one that has walked into a new building and though "this would be really easy to defend from zombies". A perfect example is Wadham college. Not only does it have a strong perimeter with re-enforced lower windows, it has a maze of underground service tunnels connecting parts of the buildings which are perfect defensive hold points. And battlements

Infact most of the oxford colleges are pretty good from a defensive point of view. There's also a local shop selling swords and knives and guns which would be my first port of call in Armageddon. - as well as a few supermarkets for rations.

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!