Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

I Am Legend

AshMat

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There was some stuff that annoyed me about this movie....

With the whole Fred mannequin thing, why did they move it over there where he might see it? If they knew about the video store and the whole he talks to the mannequins why didn´t they ambush him in the video store? It´s not like there is a lot of sun in there. Also when he got into that trap why did that whats-u-call-it only bring 2 dogs to kill him? There are thousands of them in the city and he brings 2 dogs to kill him?

Also

I felt he died very needlessly, they said there was room for one more in that hiding place. I would understand him sacrificing himself if had something else then a GRENADE

Other than that, the movie is pretty OK

it is really.

but i think he sacrificed himself because although that hiding place looked secure. they minght have found a way to open it with them being so clever. but he could have thrown the grenade and got in.

and why the hell did he walk upto fred? they could have saved poor ickle samantha!

i watched it online :D tis cheaper

well, might aswell break lurker status again.

i thought it was an alright film, the cgi of newyork itself was great, the animals wernt the best but the dark seekers were a bit shoddy to say the least. they looked convincing in so far as the vains etc looked good, but the faces were pretty low grade. smith's acting was great throughout.

i agree with daft that the darkseeker seemed to want revenge for the captured woman, either as her partner or maybe like an alpha male protecting his herd.

thought the doggie death was sad, i wish i didnt know it was coming.

hated the whole "god told me to do it" thing. im not christian, im considering some parts of buddism but im not having belife dictated too me. why the hell should we have to sit in a cinema and have some decent film have a religious underpinning shoehorned in? it worked in signs, it was part of the story, here it was just put in so we could all bask in how sound god is, real stand up gezer that one. told her "go to the mountains, it'l be reet" should said to that cancer curing woman "hang on love, thats going to cause more problems then it solves"

and if wil smith dosent like god any more, why was their a cross hanging from his mirror.

i did think that there was a solid bit of psychology running in it, people who say he was only crazy a little of the time don't know crazy. the fact that he was still alive shows he still had to have some level of normality left.

original ending...

One of the original ending had will giving the woman back to the alpha male so he would spare his life or something, and then all three of them drive off together to find the survivors colony. A part of this scene is show in the trailer where one of the infected has their head is right next to wills and he is screaming/growling in his ear.

Some people that watched the film dont like it because it travested the message of the book and the reason of the title.

They send a still living woman named Ruth to spy on Neville, and they replicate Neville's relationship with the dog. Ruth, terrified of Neville at first sight, goes against her role of spying on him and runs away. Rather than spend weeks trying to win her over, he attacks her and drags her back to his house. Eventually Neville performs a blood test on her, revealing her true nature to him right before she knocks him out with a mallet. Ruth leaves a note telling him about the group of people like her, explaining that she was sent to spy and how monstrous he appears to them. Months later, the still living people attack, injuring Neville, but taking him alive so that he can be executed in front of everyone in the new society (which Neville finds very primitive).

Before he can be executed, Ruth provides him with an envelope of pills. Neville takes the pills to commit suicide before the still living execute him. As he dies he reflects on how the new society of the living infected regards him as a monster. Just as vampires were regarded as legendary monsters that preyed on the vulnerable humans in their beds, Neville has become a mythical figure that kills both vampires and the infected living while they are sleeping. He becomes a legend as the vampires once were, hence the title "I Am Legend".

It's moved there by the zombies to trap neville, they replicated how he trapped the alpha-zombie's chick.

Apart from it just barely being anything like the book, it was a good film. Up until the part where the mother and son enter the mix, then it's just shit.

The second half of the film makes you forget how good the first part is :/

It's moved there by the zombies to trap neville, they replicated how he trapped the alpha-zombie's chick.

Really? Cos I thought that..

He put the mannequin and bear trap there to capture one of the infected but because of his decreasing mental state basically forgot about it.

I guess that would explain why we got a good glimpse of the alpha zombie looking at what Neville was doing.

Saw it last night and I was really disappointed after seeing it. One of the worst films I have ever seen at the cinema.

CGI was good, even tho the leader of the hive looked very much like Lord Voldermort and when that one Will Smith captured was under the cloak, it looked very much like a Dementor.

Highlight of the film was getting to watch some Shrek :yay:

One of the worst films I have ever seen at the cinema.

Mustn't go to the cinema much! :shakehead

The film was pretty friggin sweet.

To clarify, as there seems to be confusion.

The Vambie king set the trap with Fred for teh Robertz.

I can honestly say I have absolutely no idea what you CGI nay-sayers are on about, the graphics were absolutely fine.

The bit with Sam is extremely sad indeed. Will Smith is a fucking excellent actor.

I found it funny that Ethan didnt get a line. The most he said was "Euunngh" :heh:

I agree it was good, but nowhere near as amazing as it has been hyped up to be imo. I really didn't like how it started going after Anna and Ethan appeared.

Also, the bit where Sam runs into the dark building, and you see the Dark Seekers huddled together for the fist time was very creepy.

I have to say that this was really very disappointing. I didn't connect with any of the characters at all, and felt the whole piece needed a lot more depth and interest.

That said, Will Smith is edging closer to that Oscar, though because it's a sci-fi/horror flick he probably won't even get a nomination. He really should have won last year though, I imagine it'll be like Denzel Washington, where he gets one for a film that really doesn't merit it.

Guest Jordan

Will Smith really has come into his own really. He's quite the fantastic actor these days.

He basically carried the movie.

It wasn't that hard considering he was the only actor in it for the majority of it...

I'd imagine being the only actor in most of the movie, having to make a complete 3 year isolation and slipping into insanity convincing, is pretty hard. Will Smith was fantastic.

I still haven't seen a bad movie with him in it.

In fact my favourite movie stars him (Independence Day)

That's true, I don't think the man's actually made a bad movie.

Um...well he hasn't made many movies, but a below par one was Men in Black 2. MIB was good and had some nice moments, but the very end stunk to high heaven.

I Am Legend

MIB

MIB2

Pursuit Of Happyness

Independence Day

Hitch

Wild Wild West

Bad Boys

Bad Boys 2

I, Robot

Ali (though i haven't seen that one)

And then there was the awesomeness of Fresh Prince.

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!