Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

What's your worst habit?

Slaggis

Seeing as new years is fast approaching, what are you going to try and give up on?

Whether it be something you find annoying about yourself, such as smoking etc, or whether it be someone other people find annoying about you, like always correcting grammer etc.

So, whats your worst habit?

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have really bad eye contact. I know, weird choice. Its been getting better though.

Also I talk too much when I meet new people. People just think I'm a bit nuts.

That is exactly the same as me, funnily enough. I hardly ever look directly at people...but I'm actually really quiet...until I get used to you...then I'll talk your ears off :heh:

Other bad habits:

Picking up fallen hair and putting it on my mates' heads. Always amusing.

Binge...*deep breath* Drinking, gaming, reading, smoking, eating, ...in fact, everything I ever do seems to get hilariously excessive, so hence, being obsessive...yeah, I'd say that's my worst habit...

Actually, fuck that, I'm a walking bad habit.

I'm not giving any of it up though...

Oh, I've got some bad habits, alright. :D

In my place at Brighton, I NEVER take my shoes off. It'll be midnight, and we'll all be watching tv, and I'll have my shoes on. People will turn and say to me "for crying out loud, take off the shoes, take off the shoes, TAKE OFF THE SHOES!"

It's like a comfort zone, I guess. Plus, I don't like my feet. :(

Another thing is that I'm always saying to people "are you alright?"

I'll ask the question, then about 30 seconds later I'll ask the same question, again. The 30 seconds also becomes about 3 seconds or so when I'm drunk.

Hmm, there's probably more.

Sometimes I get an itchy feeling deep down in my throat, so I've developed a way to reveberate my breath to scratch it, making a rathe unpleasant croaking sound. My mates reckon if I keep it up, my great, great grandchildren will become a new evolutionary offshoot of people who can fire poison darts from their mouths.

That is exactly the same as me, funnily enough. I hardly ever look directly at people...and I'm actually really quiet...until I get used to you...then I'll talk your ears off :heh:

Yeah, I need to get used to someone first. But after I've met someone two or three times you can't shut me up for love nor money! I think its because I find silences uncomfortable.

Another bad habit I really need to sort out is not going to bed late which follows on to my other bad habit; I'm really bad at getting up in the morning. I blame my comfy bed! :heh:

Guest Stefkov

I have a habit of speaking quiet. I like that though, not so much always being asked to repeat myself. That's another one, I get annoyed easily.

Then I've got the habit of storing up that anger.

I do have a habit of going overboard when I do speak though. I've been trying to cut back on that for a while.

Also the habit of staying up till this hour doing nothing. I just look on these forums then think what to do next for a while then end up on here again..

being unorganized.

and a bit mental.

but the whole unorganized thing has to stop 'cause i'ma have a lot to keep in order next year what with visa application and, well, getting an apartment in japan (not to mention lesson plans!! ^_^) so my new year;s resolution?

FILING SYSTEM!

:smile:

i usually resolve to NOT make a resolution - that way if i dont make a resolution... i'm ok! because that was what i was supposed to do :D

I take my shoes off as soon as possible. In the cinema too.

I don't really think thats a bad habit though.

I speak too fast and merge words a lot. An if I really want to say something or can't word it, it becomes an unintelligible mess. Like whatdiyasay or shrumphrrr.

Nose picking.

every one does that! but you sure show some guts in saying it out loud! you just got my respect!! i don't know why i do it my self some times i hate myself doing that. :shakehead

but is it a bad habit? or is it something the human just does to boost there emume system like many doctors claim lately?! it seems who do it are less often sick than people that don't.

but is it a bad habit? or is it something the human just does to boost there emume system like many doctors claim lately?! it seems who do it are less often sick than people that don't.

Well if you think about it, it must be a normal human thing. Cavemen probably did it without a second thought. Same for biting the nails. You think all cavemen had long nails? Or some nice lil nail clippers from boots? It's surely no coincidence that the finger fits in the nostril, or the nail is just soft enough to be cut by incisors and canines. Same with spitting up phlegm, it's a disgusting thing to see, but it comes up into our throat and we have the ability to make our muscles spit it out. Most of our horrible habits are probably things we were designed to do to ourselves.

edit: reading back on my post, i have no idea why i came up with that last gross example.

every one does that! but you sure show some guts in saying it out loud! you just got my respect!! i don't know why i do it my self some times i hate myself doing that. :shakehead

I don't give a shit what people think of me, I say whatever I want. :) When I was a kid, I used to eat it as well. Good times. Put an end to that years ago though.

Well if you think about it, it must be a normal human thing. Cavemen probably did it without a second thought. Same for biting the nails. You think all cavemen had long nails? Or some nice lil nail clippers from boots? It's surely no coincidence that the finger fits in the nostril, or the nail is just soft enough to be cut by incisors and canines. Same with spitting up phlegm, it's a disgusting thing to see, but it comes up into our throat and we have the ability to make our muscles spit it out. Most of our horrible habits are probably things we were designed to do to ourselves.

Jup it seems to be natural and i was very intrigued while reading your post... until i hit this part:

edit: reading back on my post, i have no idea why i came up with that last gross example.

God you had me cracking up man!!

I fail to see any scientific reason for not picking your nose, and eating the spoils is merely helping things along - snot constantly drips down the back of your throat into your stomach, where the hydrochloric acid destroys any pathogens that may be present. So pick away!

(unless of course, you're in public :heh:)

Incidentally, I bite my nails in a controlled way, and haven't had to use scissors for years. So I don't consider this a bad habit.

So what is my worst habit? ...hmm, I have a few. I'll go with not bothering/forgetting to shave for days/weeks.

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!