Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Rate The Last TV Show You Saw (Spoiler Tags for Recent US Shows!)

Slaggis

I do love a good DVD of a TV show which actually does that, but some shows TRICK you - I think Scrubs might be one of them, where you think you've skipped past the intro but actually you've also missed a couple of minutes after the intro.

It may have been x-files... Hard to remember.

Also, why are HBO always so skimpy with their extras? Two episodes per disk? Annoying episode summaries that jump at you while you're searching for the "play episode" button? An average of two commentaries per season? Retail prices usually exceeding £40? Pshaw!

• Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ALSO I HATE HATE HATE HATE the opening credits. They spoil the whole episode, so I have to skip through them. Why on earth would they put bits from the episode I'm about to watch in it?

Love/10

It's all part of the "All this has happened before, all this will happen again" theme.

I just caught the last episode on iPlayer, where Sylar finds Microwave Boy, last time you posted here was ep9, did they explain any of this in the episodes you since watched?

Or did I miss the last few episodes of the previous series which explained this? :(

They really should think about the title. None of them are heroes.

He has the same biological dad as Sylar if i understood it correctly, thats all.

I never really mind them. They're usually cunningly edited to make you think something happens then the episode surprises you.

Not always. I remember back when I was watching season 1, there was the episode set on the prison ship, and

they showed the prisoners escaping and starting a riot, beating up Apolla and co

Which was annoying. Closed my eyes in the intro bits after that.

4 episodes through s4 atm, going strong.

Not always. I remember back when I was watching season 1, there was the episode set on the prison ship, and
they showed the prisoners escaping and starting a riot, beating up Apolla and co

Which was annoying. Closed my eyes in the intro bits after that.

4 episodes through s4 atm, going strong.

Did you honestly think it would go any other way? 45 minutes of watching people in prison? This ain't porridge :p

^ really? I thought that that Family Guy episode was pretty decent in relation to some of the other stuff they've been doing in recent weeks. I do agree to an extent though that they are starting to scrape the barrel in terms of what they are doing. Looking forward to see how they handle Cleveland's own spin-off show. Wonder when that'll appear?

Last episodes of BSG Season Two

I adored. Hey Katee Sackhoff with long hair. Hey Caprica Six. Hey pregnant Cally. Hey Lee Adama having put on weight.

"One Year Later"s have the ability to be really shit, but thi seems to have worked well so far.

"Same thing we always do..."

*jizzes*/10

Dare edit: spoiler tagged as it's one of the BEST TWISTS OF ALL TIME you mad fool!

Edited by Dan_Dare

Dollhouse episode 1-2

I like the concept but everything else is so terrible I want to choke myself, there were 2 people there who weren´t annoying and overacting.

Also why does Eliza Dushku get acting parts? She is horrid at acting.

Dollhouse episode 1-2

I like the concept but everything else is so terrible I want to choke myself, there were 2 people there who weren´t annoying and overacting.

Also why does Eliza Dushku get acting parts? She is horrid at acting.

I watched these last night too, but i disagree. I love Eliza. She was very good at chaging her role in these episodes, and very convincing as a hollow shell. The fact shes hot as hell helps, but i think she's a decent actress.

As for the show, it wasn't bad. Second ep was better than the first as we knew some of the basics of what was going on etc. Thought the second ep was really good as a result. Very energetic and exciting. Plus the real overlying story started to take shape with the whole Alpha thing, while still leaving some uncertainty on Echo's role and why she was left alive and stuff. Quite intriguing. I'll be watching it to see how it develops further :)

How I Met Your Mother - Sorry Bro

May have perhaps worked a bit better if I didn't know Laura Preppon was in it for several episodes but whatever. Considering the titular expression and its usage I wonder if thats how things will end...but I suppose they did that last year already.

Anyway was fun seeing Scooter (Neil Patrick Harris' partner) and that newsanchor guy Robin dated during Ten Sessions. Nice continuity. Plus hiding Alyson Hannigan's pregnancy with a globe was amusing.

Castle Episode 1

I loved it. Although the only real difference between this and most other detective shows is Nathan Fillion, and (like with most pilots) it's not easy to see where the show is heading.

Still, very enjoyable.

Castle Episode 1

I loved it. Although the only real difference between this and most other detective shows is Nathan Fillion, and (like with most pilots) it's not easy to see where the show is heading.

Still, very enjoyable.

Awesome. I've put it on download ready for me later, can't wait.

Castle Episode 1

... it's not easy to see where the show is heading.

Still, very enjoyable.

Apparently nowhere. After the first episode it apparently becomes a standard case of the week procedural from screeners reviews.

I'll check it out one day though.

Apparently nowhere. After the first episode it apparently becomes a standard case of the week procedural from screeners reviews.

Ah well. I was hoping that

The plot with the murders based on his book would go much deeper, instead of getting solved fully in the first episode.

I'll probably still enjoy the rest of the series, though.

Battlestar Galactica: Razor

Average, therefore a huge disappointment. Season 3 finale ... to this. :(

Season 4 kicks off tonight in my house.

Daily Routine:

Get up

Work

Home

Stop kids from dying

Put kids to bed

BSG

Bed

My life will be so empty in just a couple of weeks.

New House was arbitrary. Not good.

Currently watching Castle and I would say that it really is just another detective show. Like the speech at the beginning of the episode;

what is it about a hard-boiled detective and a blonde femme-fatale and the cold stell of a gun that-- blah blah blah. What keeps us going is these things themselves, or at least how each specific show chooses to present their novel niche gimmick one-trick pony thingum.

I'm currently watching Life, which has a lot of similarities to Castle, only it has nearly two seasons behind it. Life's gimmick is a detective that was in jail for twelve years!, cars, karma and fruit.

I will be watching both of these shows as the weeks go on because, like House, the ~of the week episode is generally only fun for the first year and then you just stick with it for the character(s) and the odd gem of an episode. Castle promises to be perfectly adequate viewing, but not really cliffhanger/TV Of The Year material.

Odwin! Have you seen The Wire? I know you weren't a fan of carnivale, which is a shame.

I have a friend that raves about The Wire (and my boss does too - and so does Dan Dare?). My friend reckons it's the best thing he's ever seen.

I watch stuff with my wife and I hear it is a bit violent/sweary, so it may not be our cup of tea.

I have a queue of stuff though - a backlog of Heroes, Lost, Smallville, Sarah Connor, Desperate Housewives, Dollhouse, etc has accumulated because of BSG. I just feel like it's all gonna be a drop after BSG. :(

Whats the Wire about? Is it girl friendly? As i too watch stuff with the missus so, be great if its something she can get into as well. Her favourite shows are Prison Break and Gossip Girl so, its kind of hard to know what she's after!

It's about the drugs trade in West Baltimore. The screenplay is split evenly between an investigations unit in the police department and the drug traffickers they're after. It's just...epic. The script and performances are so completely convincing that it's more like a grand social novel, a portrait of a city and her people and a document of real life than a mere cop show. Banish all comparisons between this and any other detective show ever made, because they're nothing alike in the slightest. Just watch it :)

It's not that girl friendly :P Definitely a boy's tv show buut it's gritty, real and very, very good TV.

Odwin; of that list I'd return to Lost, because it's the least generic/predictable out of the lot of em, which is what you'll notice most after BSG probably.

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!