Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Rate The Last TV Show You Saw (Spoiler Tags for Recent US Shows!)

Slaggis

• Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I love it when I find a show that grabs me, and makes me want to watch it constantly.

I need to buy some Greys Anatomy boxsets. I'm watching the first series, and then a bit of the third on Living. I'm in love with it. The characters are fantastic, as are some of the storylines. It has me laughing constantly too. Also, because of the whole aspect of them starting from scratch, the characters feel so much stronger/relatable than those of say, E.R.

God, why can we not do hospital drama's/comedy's like America?

I need to get back to watching Supernatural properly, ive seen all of season 1 and 2, then bits of season 3, including the last episode. Very good show.

Yeah man! You do :) Several excellent episodes, and the rest are always good.

I love it when I find a show that grabs me, and makes me want to watch it constantly.

I need to buy some Grey's Anatomy boxsets. I'm watching the first series, and then a bit of the third on Living. I'm in love with it. The characters are fantastic, as are some of the storylines. It has me laughing constantly too. Also, because of the whole aspect of them starting from scratch, the characters feel so much stronger/relatable than those of say, E.R.

God, why can we not do hospital drama's/comedy's like America?

I know what you mean, man. America gets a larger domestic audience, so they can raise larger budgets for their shows. Mo' money means mo' smart people making better telly. Shame they get cancelled and shit.

Grey's Anatomy is something on my list - I would've gotten around to it already but it doesn't come up in hear-say as much as other shows at the moment.

I'm sorry but Greys has nothing, I repeat nothing on ER. How are the characters more relatable? In my opnion there is not another show that can do Drama like ER can.

"The End Of The World/As We Know It" was better than any E.R episode I have seen, and I'm a huge E.R fan. I've seen every episode that's aired in the UK, and used to watch it religiously. The characters in Greys are just stronger. Probably because they chose to really develop a select few, rather than attempt to develop a whole ward of doctors. I just enjoy the fact you get to follow one character (Grey) through her time there, rather than switching constantly from storyline to storyline. But that's obviously down to personal preference. Plus I like that the focus is more on the personal lives of the central characters, with the Hospital being an extra to this, rather than vice versa.

Plus, you can't deny E.R isn't what it used to be anymore.

You must be joking, right? Prison Break suddenly turned to complete shit from the moment the second season started. The only thing that's worse is probably the first half of Lost's 3rd season. Bleargh...

Anyway, Mad Men. Finished the 1st Season. It appears Matthew Weiner has struck gold.

9/10. (and that's a "true" 9... not a "Prison Break season 4" 9.

You must be joking, right? Prison Break suddenly turned to complete shit from the moment the second season started. The only thing that's worse is probably the first half of Lost's 3rd season. Bleargh...

Anyway, Mad Men. Finished the 1st Season. It appears Matthew Weiner has struck gold.

9/10. (and that's a "true" 9... not a "Prison Break season 4" 9.

Season 2 is the worst one, by a long shot. Season 3 picked up but Season 4 is just immense. Seriously, it really bugs me that so many people stopped watching because of season 2. You've missed so many good episodes, i feel sorry for you :p

Season 2 is the worst one, by a long shot. Season 3 picked up but Season 4 is just immense. Seriously, it really bugs me that so many people stopped watching because of season 2. You've missed so many good episodes, i feel sorry for you :p

I saw Season 3. It was still ridiculously bad.

This show is just like Lost. Started off great, went completely downhill... Except Lost got really great again on the fourth Season. If you tell me that's the case too with PB, I might be tempted to see the 3rd season through to the end just to see the fourth. Is the fourth better than the third? And I mean significantly better.

This show is just like Lost. Started off great, went completely downhill... Except Lost got really great again on the fourth Season. If you tell me that's the case too with PB, I might be tempted to see the 3rd season through to the end just to see the fourth. Is the fourth better than the third? And I mean significantly better.

I would definately say there was a significant rise in quality from season 3 and 4. I thought season 3 was ok but season 4 really has been great.

If you like Lost now, then you probably wouldn't like Prison Break.

You see, Prison Break has good acting, twists that actually matter, and they explain things. So PB and LOST are totally different....

If you like Lost now, then you probably wouldn't like Prison Break.

You see, Prison Break has good acting, twists that actually matter, and they explain things. So PB and LOST are totally different....

I'd say PB season 1 and Lost season 1 stand in the same place, more or less... I'd give them both a solid 7, they're really great TV. Then, in comes the second batch of seasons. PB completely turned to shit. A 2, at most. And lost... lost it's parkle, I'd say it's a 5. Enter season 3. PB got back up on it's feet and managed to be a 4. And Lost's 3rd season got to a new low, a very punishing 2, by my scale. I gave up on it halfway through. Then season 4 came along and everyone is raving about it, so I go and check it out... and indeed, it IS a return to form, a solid 7, so far (I've only seen the first 10 eps). As for PB, it's complete lack or originality and the excrutiatingly bad writing were killing it for me.

You see, while neither is Great, they both managed to be good, but Lost was much more significant in that it created a mythology all of its own, and managed to be completely original (as did PB, on the 1st Season), sort of like a very poor man's Twin Peaks. So, between PB and Lost, I'll always pick Lost, as much as I liked PB season 1... and as for what you said... ah-ah... good acting? Get serious, I loved it, but I never deluded myself to the point of calling any performance except Abruzzi's good. As for the "twists", on both series, they're the only way the creators can keep people interested, and 98% of the times on both cases, they're completely unnecessary. As for Explaining things... if I recall correctly, the moments when the "pieces fit" are always far superior in Lost... and neither of the shows really "explains" anything, because the plots are both far too weak. Be it Lost or PB, we're dealing with pure sensationalism, and therefore, from a critical and impartial stand, they're both insignificant and dismissable. But I loved them both.

I'll say this, though: you're tempting me to go and see the 4th season of PB. I dropped the 3rd halfway through...

I don't see what anyone has against Season 2 of Prison Break, I thought it was fantastic! It's the story of the escape, what else did anyone expect!

Mahone was awesome throughout and how him and Michael were constantly trying to out do one another, Agents Kellerman and Kim were great, it had excitement, twists, locations all over America.

Sure it wasn't as good as Season 1, but that was something very special!

I thought it was great!

Personally Season 1 > Season 4[? atm] > Season 2 > Season 3 [though the escape episodes were awesome!].

I'd say PB season 1 and Lost season 1 stand in the same place, more or less... I'd give them both a solid 7,

Then, in comes the second batch of seasons. PB completely turned to shit. A 2, at most.

Enter season 3. PB got back up on it's feet and managed to be a 4

As for PB, it's complete lack or originality and the excrutiatingly bad writing were killing it for me.

as much as I liked PB season 1... and as for what you said... ah-ah... good acting? Get serious, I loved it, but I never deluded myself to the point of calling any performance except Abruzzi's good.

Prison Break has some of the best, most consistant acting of any programme I've ever seen.

And compared to most writing, it's superb!

I'd say PB season 1 and Lost season 1 stand in the same place, more or less... I'd give them both a solid 7, they're really great TV. Then, in comes the second batch of seasons. PB completely turned to shit. A 2, at most. And lost... lost it's parkle, I'd say it's a 5. Enter season 3. PB got back up on it's feet and managed to be a 4. And Lost's 3rd season got to a new low, a very punishing 2, by my scale. I gave up on it halfway through. Then season 4 came along and everyone is raving about it, so I go and check it out... and indeed, it IS a return to form, a solid 7, so far (I've only seen the first 10 eps). As for PB, it's complete lack or originality and the excrutiatingly bad writing were killing it for me.

You see, while neither is Great, they both managed to be good, but Lost was much more significant in that it created a mythology all of its own, and managed to be completely original (as did PB, on the 1st Season), sort of like a very poor man's Twin Peaks. So, between PB and Lost, I'll always pick Lost, as much as I liked PB season 1... and as for what you said... ah-ah... good acting? Get serious, I loved it, but I never deluded myself to the point of calling any performance except Abruzzi's good. As for the "twists", on both series, they're the only way the creators can keep people interested, and 98% of the times on both cases, they're completely unnecessary. As for Explaining things... if I recall correctly, the moments when the "pieces fit" are always far superior in Lost... and neither of the shows really "explains" anything, because the plots are both far too weak. Be it Lost or PB, we're dealing with pure sensationalism, and therefore, from a critical and impartial stand, they're both insignificant and dismissable. But I loved them both.

I'll say this, though: you're tempting me to go and see the 4th season of PB. I dropped the 3rd halfway through...

I agree with many of your points, you are however completely and utterly dillusional to think that Fitchner wasn't worth mentioning as good acting. Utterly amazing.

IMO =

Lost Season 1 = 8/10

Lost Season 2 = 6/10

Lost Season 3 = 4/10

Lost Season 4 = 5.5/10 (Its just frustrating to me. They won't explain everything. They won't.)

Prison Break Season 1 = 9.3/10

Prison Break Season 2 = 7.5/10

Prison Break Season 3 = 8/10

Prison Break Season 4 = 9/10 (so far)

Lost Season 4 = 5.5/10 (Its just frustrating to me. They won't explain everything. They won't.)

What? course they will, it's that your relating it to everyday life, lost created it's own little world and the rules that go with it, just because it's not like heroes or prison break where everythings explained away in 3 or so episodes. I view it like say, naruto, set in a world of its own, with stuff that you can and can't do, lost is the same, it's just we don't know the rules yet :P

I love them both personally. I just need to get psyched up again for Lost as its been so long. It does annoy me though how slow and pointless it can be. Prison Break is never like that (bar season 2) and is better paced. It keeps you hanging on some things but answers some and progresses the story at the same time. Lost doesn't. It gives more questions with the story progressing hardly at all until near the end of a season.

I'm hoping that will change now they know how many episodes they will dot o finish it. No fillers should equal awesome Lost. But PB is better at the moment for me.

What? course they will, it's that your relating it to everyday life, lost created it's own little world and the rules that go with it, just because it's not like heroes or prison break where everythings explained away in 3 or so episodes. I view it like say, naruto, set in a world of its own, with stuff that you can and can't do, lost is the same, it's just we don't know the rules yet :P

What? No. Not at all.

Yeah I relate Heroes to real life....where people can fly, and some bitch who can't get hurt talks like a fucktard. No. It doesn't matter what the rules are in Lostiverse, they will NOT be able to explain it all. They won't. There is TOO much to explain.

They admitted they didn't know where they were going with it. Now they do, so hopefully the quality will increase, as it did a lot with Season 4. But my main complaints stand. And the cast is annoying. Oh theres X people on the island, but the only ones with a personality are X. I know, I know a large cast isnt practical etc, but it still stands.

I think my complaints are perfectly valid. And I completely resent that its because Lost has its own world. I'm not comparing it to real life. TV IS escapism. If I did that I'd be a twat.

(I am a twat....but for different reasons)

They admitted that direction problem at the end of season 2 (i think) and from 3 onwards they knew the direction, they have explained alot of stuff, what the writers are doing are hoping people pick up on whats been said and what hasn't been said. My example is people complaining that they never explained the polar bear thing, when they hinted at it so much in the first 5 episodes of season 3.

Loooooooooooooooooooogic bro. But yeh, have faith, they shall explain all of it, no show would leave things unexplained (cough heroes cough)

Heroes: 1st Season

Love Heroes and this was the best season

9.5/10 (Yes, love it that much)

Heroes: 2nd Season

Wasn't that great, didn't really like it so much. I liked the last three episodes though.

6/10

Heroes: 3rd Season

I'm loving it so far, it could potentially be the best season if they give it more twists and more great storylines for all characters.

8/10 (so far)

The best season of Lost was season one and two, three and four is just starting to confuse matters. Many of my friends who watch it stopped watching it half-way through season three because they couldn't remember a lot of what was going on and it confused them because their questions wasn't getting answered. I used to love LOST and I have Seasons one and two on DVD but now, I can miss it and it probably wouldn't bother me so much.

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!