N-Europe

Rate The Last TV Show You Saw (Spoiler Tags for Recent US Shows!)

Slaggis

• Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I heard it was something about razors.

Just forgot something that I hated in BoB. English people. One scene had horrendous (and incorrect) overuse of cockney slang and the other had the token "bloody hell, blimey, etc". He did call the US soldiers Yanks though, which seemed quite accurate, so it saved itself a bit.

Tried to get back into Arrested Development. I've watched about 6 episodes and it is very, very funny in places. But I'm starting to get sick of the same old jokes being replayed episode after episode.

"I'm an actor!", "You're not an actor."

"I spent some money I don't have!", "Get a job!"

"That is so awesome", "It really is", "I hate it", "I hate it too!"

"Dad, pay attention to me", "Prison is awesome".

Repeat ad infinitum.

Borednow.

You do know what the expression 'arrested development' means yes?

I watched half of the new Glee then stopped.

Sue is still brilliantly funny, love her. But it literally just sets it all back up to be the same as last season/last half-season. I liked that they did Hello, I Love You by The Doors, as that's the first good "Hello" song that came to my head (when they mentioned "Hello" songs), but it was done badly. And the songs in general still sound horrible.

Sue is still brilliantly funny, love her. But it literally just sets it all back up to be the same as last season/last half-season. I liked that they did Hello, I Love You by The Doors, as that's the first good "Hello" song that came to my head (when they mentioned "Hello" songs), but it was done badly. And the songs in general still sound horrible.

Did you find the musical numbers a lot more cheesy and cringeworthy this episode than before?

I thought to myself "it might be worthwhile watching for Sue" then I remember a) how horrible the rest is and b) that for other shows I've watched with less ... 'loyal' fans certain character's 'best of season x' compilation videos have been on youtube. Will wait for that.

Although I'm still intending to watch the next Chenoweth and NPH/Whedon episode.

The first thing I thought of for a "Hello" song was:

And yet you keep claiming that the character development is sublime :heh:

The characters are divine because they don't change.

BECAUSE PEOPLE DON'T CHANGE.

The finale is genius for the simple fact it mirrors the pilot in a lot of ways. Life is circular. Particularly family. You tend to regress when with family to an 'agreed' state [insert psych research here]. It all makes so much sense. They all act like idiots when around each other, but are so incapable of surviving in the real world that they need each other to validate their existences. Even though they hate each other.

The first thing I thought of for a "Hello" song was:

Pushing Daisies :(

It does what Glee is trying to do, but better. And it wasn't even trying (to be what Glee is, it was just incidentally better)!

Batman: The Brave and the Bold "Mayhem of the Music Meister"

I loved, so much. Very much in the vein of Once More With Feeling in Buffy, the villain in this causes everyone to sing their feelings.

Neil Patrick Harris stunned.

I forgot how amazingly incredible South Park is.

The Tale of Scrotie Mcboogerballs.

Butters is awesome. :D People being sick while reading the book didn't get old, it just got funnier.

Medicinal Fried Chicken

I share Cartmans KFC pain. :D

Randy stole the episode though, so gooooooood. :heart: Bouncing on his own oversized testicles to a ridiculous tune, win. :grin:

You've got 0 friends

Shows referencing Facebook is one of my most hated things as it comes off as poorly tact on and just awful but South Park nailed it.

Chat Roulette. :laughing: Being sucked into Facebook and the pointlessness of it all. Tron references + yahtzee.

I'm with Stan, my friend made my account. For once I wanted a happy ending for that little boy, South Park delivered. :)

Brilliant. Excellence in cartoon form.

I had fun spoting all the different celebrities! Such a delicious treat for fans of the show.

TOPPED OFF with mecha-streisand. SO EPIC.

I lost it at that point.

3 great episodes in a row after an okay opener to the Season.

ZOHMFG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! True Blood Season 2 Episode....erm...one that was on FX on Friday (penultimate I assume)

FUCKED UP CLIFFHANGER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ZOMG!!!!!!!

Eric is a gee, as is Godric, and Jason.

Shit I can't wait for next Friday. Hate.

9.3/10

One of my favourite episodes.

ZOHMFG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! True Blood Season 2 Episode....erm...one that was on FX on Friday (penultimate I assume)

It's just Twilight for adults, man!!

No, it's actually a good show. I need to see more of it. It's a worthy addition to the consistently quality HBO family.

Probably yeah...there was an air of "..." about the whole thing, even more so than usual. Though I remembered how catchy that "Hope it gives you hell!" song was. Who's that by originally?

Gives You Hell by The All-American Rejects.

It's just Twilight for adults, man!!

Grrrr.....

No, it's actually a good show.

....I'll let you off....

True Blood came first and then Twilight, Stephenie Meyers cashed in on the idea from the writer of the Sookie Stackhouse books. Oh and I agree ReZ, Godric is just bad-ass...kinda wish I was named Godric...sounds awesome...

South Park- 200

Couldn't stop laughing all the way through, just fantastic and with a good cliffhanger, haha.

9/10

So I heard about this new Japanese show (Suano ni Narenakute) based on twitter so thought I'd give it a squint.

2jfxelj.jpg

Its Gossip Girl...in Tokyo. The title card is the same, a lot of music is the same (Crystal Castles, Ting Tings, other stuff I've forgotten the name of but I know its on the soundtrack). It just has less sex.

It was okay, but full of visual crack.

So what's everyone...

Watching weekly

Bones, Supernatural, Smallville, Treme, Breaking Bad, House, Ultimate Fighter, Pacific, Lost.

Catching up on

V, HIMYM, Justified

Waiting To Start Again

Lie To Me, Dexter, Sons of Anarchy.

Want to catch up on

Mad Men (only 3 eps into s03 atm), Naruto, Chuck, Fringe, Flashforward, Friday Night Lights, South Park (though my thorough viewing habits means I gotta start from season 2!), Big Love, Dollhouse, Prison Break, Sopranos, Peep Show, X-Files, West Wing, Southland, Weeds.

Want to start watching

True Blood, The Middle, Alias, Stargate, Star Trek: TNG, Big Bang Theory, The Office US, The Shield

Wishing had never been cancelled

Life, Kings.

Wishing was fucking cancelled already

CSI, Simpsons, Glee.

Kinda.

Jay coined the delightful phrase of "picnic tits" in a recent episode of LOST.

Basically her breasts were practically hanging out. Soon as it came on screen I yelled my special "oh shit theres a sexy chick Wooah" which goes like "WWWoooooaaaaahhhhhhh" and Claire rolled her eyes.

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!