Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Rate The Last TV Show You Saw (Spoiler Tags for Recent US Shows!)

Slaggis

• Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

February as its the show's 25th anniversary.

Why do I know so much about a soap I loathe?

Expected as much. I would have thought the whole Darren being George's father would have been later but I'm glad that was kept short and sweet.

The Syed-Christian storyline got very boring after a while. I normally hate Eastenders but there have been very few moments where it was actually...good.

Oh well, I'm off to watch some proper television now *puts Dexter in DVD player*

Buffy Season 2: All eps up to Passion

Way better than the first series.

I screamed throughout Passion. I assumed nothing of any real note would happen during the Angelus thing. I'm still reeling from the loss of a stunner.

Buffy Season 2: All eps up to Passion

Way better than the first series.

I screamed throughout Passion. I assumed nothing of any real note would happen during the Angelus thing. I'm still reeling from the loss of a stunner.

I think Season Two is the best season out of all of them but I like all of them, SMG is in it :love:

The Big Fat Quiz Show of 2009

Funny but not as funny as when Russell Brand and Noel Fielding were a team on it. Still, entertaining to watch and I loved how someone finally said something about Jimmy Carr's laugh.

8/10

Battlestar Galactica Season 2 Finale

zomgwtfbbqrotfb&q! Game changer or what? ('what' is not an option) Right now I'm thinking it was a great ep but not sure I'm gonna like the change when season 3 starts. I've got a bit of a problem with shows doing the whole '1 year later and everything has changed' finale thing. It usually comes off as an easy way to 'reset' a show. Hopefully there are episodes or flashbacks that fill in the gap a little. Can anyone confirm that it's justfied without any spoilers at all?

Battlestar Galactica Season 2 Finale

zomgwtfbbqrotfb&q! Game changer or what? ('what' is not an option) Right now I'm thinking it was a great ep but not sure I'm gonna like the change when season 3 starts. I've got a bit of a problem with shows doing the whole '1 year later and everything has changed' finale thing. It usually comes off as an easy way to 'reset' a show. Hopefully there are episodes or flashbacks that fill in the gap a little. Can anyone confirm that it's justfied without any spoilers at all?

Yes, it's justified. Yes yes yes. It's so good. Don't you worry. There are flashbacks, but they aren't the main point, it's all explained well and makes you feel like the jump was appropriate and not just a "Lost"-esque kinda "mystery of their past" thing where you wait to find out what stuff means.

Yes, it's justified. Yes yes yes. It's so good. Don't you worry. There are flashbacks, but they aren't the main point, it's all explained well and makes you feel like the jump was appropriate and not just a "Lost"-esque kinda "mystery of their past" thing where you wait to find out what stuff means.

Yeah, that jump made for some of the best episodes in the entire show - beginning of s3 was great. The events within the jump itself aren't all that mysterious or anything as you say.

24 - Season 7 - The episode where they jumped the shark.

Brilliant episode, the whole Jack Kim thing was really well acted and such, but then, sorry, Tony, what? What? Random as fuck much? The season should have ended halfway through that episode. Or maybe everything will make sense in a couple episodes, doubtful.

Big fat Quiz of the Year

Was quite amusing. Brooker should speak moar in these quiz shows though. Loved the JRoss and Brand quips at theirself too

Edited by dan-likes-trees

Misfits, just finished it. Amazing series with a pretty "meh" final episode which felt to me like an episode of Buffy the Vampire Slayer. Also someone on here spoiled the ending for me. It wasn't a bad episode, just not the quality I imagined for the finale. It felt like they had run out of budget or something.

Episodes 1-5: 8.5/10 average

Episode 6: 6/10

Agreed on BSG. The first six or so episodes of season three were amongst the very best in the whole show, and easily the best television screened that year.

Speaking of 'best TV', did anyone watch Wallander on Sunday? BBC effort, so check your iplayer. Kenneth Brannagh stars and directs tv film adaptations of a Swedish detective series of books. Brilliantly made (it oozes budget) and atmospheric, they're easily the finest production the BBC has tackled in years.

on to the second 'series' now (they do them in sets of 3) but it's done in such a way that there's no strict narrative between the episodes because they're standalone novels.

Misfits, just finished it. Amazing series with a pretty "meh" final episode which felt to me like an episode of Buffy the Vampire Slayer. Also someone on here spoiled the ending for me. It wasn't a bad episode, just not the quality I imagined for the finale. It felt like they had run out of budget or something.

Episodes 1-5: 8.5/10 average

Episode 6: 6/10

It was either me or dan-likes-trees since I think we're the only ones who watched it on here and discussed the ending but I'm sure we both put spoiler tags on it...

Anyways, sorry :)

Thanks peeps. That's good to know about BSG. I was afraid it might turn a little 'Lost' with some fairly mundane flashback "mysteries" but glad to hear that it's all justified and equals awesome. Tis good that they don't ignore what happened in the previous year but at the same time don't concentrate on it. That's exactly what I was hoping for as usually shows go one way or the other.

Now you've all just made me a hell of a lot more impatient until I can afford the season 3 boxset! Bastards!

Re: Misfits, STILL haven't watched the final episode. No chance of streaming/torrenting it on my connection (restrictive AND slow) and the forum/site I usually acquire these things from has disappeared from the face of the earth. Yeah I think I too was spoiled on here about some character appearing in the final episode actually? Sounded pretty minor though from the little I read.

Nah that wasn't the spoiler :heh: What you're thinking of is...

Super Hoodie, the guy from the online phone videos. Who is he? We still dont know. His picture appears in the corner of the photo of the first kid to die in the alternate past memorial thing

Dexter- Season One

This is officially my #1 favourite show since The Sopranos. The last two episodes had me glued to the television. I saw it coming though but I couldn't believe I was right. Fantastic acting, even better storyline and I adore the characters (except for Doakes...I have no time for him)

Bring on Season Two!

10/10

Dexter- Season One

This is officially my #1 favourite show since The Sopranos. The last two episodes had me glued to the television. I saw it coming though but I couldn't believe I was right. Fantastic acting, even better storyline and I adore the characters (except for Doakes...I have no time for him)

Bring on Season Two!

10/10

Dexter is sooooo FTW. Not enough people actually watch it.

Anyway, I'm finally ready to watch BSG. Gonna watch Season 1 and if I am bat shit crazy on it I might buy the BluRay set or something. Assuming I can get them on the cheap.

Edited by ReZourceman

My Big Fat Diet Show or How Stupid People Cannot Control What They Eat

Half of it was the usual faff where they take fat people who can't understand that eating crap is bad for them but they also had some interesting bits on food psychology and supermarkets which was actually interesting.

Back to the fat people though, there was this woman who consumed a quarter of a tonne of chocolate a year (Around £2,500). It's amazing how much some people need pointing out to to change their ways. Honestly, you look like shit, you feel like shit and you eat shit - why don't you try and sort your life (health) out?

On top of that this group of women want to drop a dress size so they are restricted to 1200 calories a day. How about you don't half starve yourself to death and do some fucking exercise? The human body is a remarkable thing, although intense exercise might be a bit too much for you at first get off your massive arse and work up to it.

The most amusing thing though was that the commercial breaks were filled with adverts for junk food, then again their target demographic of fat people will make up most of the audience.

The thing about sandwiches from Pret and the like being stuffed full of calories was interesting, although I already suspected that and try to avoid them.

EDIT: OMG! I love Twitter now. Just googled the show and it had a live twitter feed. It's amazing. Someone's called the show patronising. No shit! If you need a show like this to explain the bleeding obvious you're an idiot.

Then again...

Stupid television.

Edited by Daft

Along similar lines my mother was watching This Morning the other morning and they had some people dieting and they did the typical "this is all the food you've eaten in x amount of time". Where does that food go? I'd hope to homeless shelters and stuff (although obviously its all junk food but still, it would help) because otherwise its just a big waste to make a load of sandwiches, southern-fried chicken and burgers. Unless its all plastic... Anyway. Ponderment of the day.

My Big Fat Diet Show or How Stupid People Cannot Control What They Eat

Half of it was the usual faff where they take fat people who can't understand that eating crap is bad for them but they also had some interesting bits on food psychology and supermarkets which was actually interesting.

Back to the fat people though, there was this woman who consumed a quarter of a tonne of chocolate a year (Around £2,500). It's amazing how much some people need pointing out to to change their ways. Honestly, you look like shit, you feel like shit and you eat shit - why don't you try and sort your life (health) out?

On top of that this group of women want to drop a dress size so they are restricted to 1200 calories a day. How about you don't half starve yourself to death and do some fucking exercise? The human body is a remarkable thing, although intense exercise might be a bit too much for you at first get off your massive arse and work up to it.

The most amusing thing though was that the commercial breaks were filled with adverts for junk food, then again their target demographic of fat people will make up most of the audience.

The thing about sandwiches from Pret and the like being stuffed full of calories was interesting, although I already suspected that and try to avoid them.

EDIT: OMG! I love Twitter now. Just googled the show and it had a live twitter feed. It's amazing. Someone's called the show patronising. No shit! If you need a show like this to explain the bleeding obvious you're an idiot.

Then again...

Stupid television.

I genuinely found it so irritating that despite being quite full from dindin (Chilli <3) I went downstairs and had some Toffee Sponge with cream. Honestly, because of her. To spite her.

"SUPERMARKETS ARE EVIL THEY MAKES YOU BUYS FOODSZ!!!!"

STFU & GTFO.

Also, you can't be famous if theres already a celebrity with your name.

SNN2802PULLa_682_396036a.jpg

For the record, I do not approve of the above image.

last episode of series one of true blood, very much enjoying the series and will defintely carry on watching it...seems they could have kept the characters in their places and given tension that would break that security but instead they keep pushing things and changing the dynamics and it works for the better.

Along similar lines my mother was watching This Morning the other morning and they had some people dieting and they did the typical "this is all the food you've eaten in x amount of time". Where does that food go? I'd hope to homeless shelters and stuff (although obviously its all junk food but still, it would help) because otherwise its just a big waste to make a load of sandwiches, southern-fried chicken and burgers. Unless its all plastic... Anyway. Ponderment of the day.

I'll always remember that program with Gillian McKeith...and her standing over Michelle McManus's turd and stating: "that's toxic!". Well, yes, such waste generally is, hence why our body removes it. She was also posing as a Dr., and when push came to shove she could't provide a copy of her thesis and was forced to stop using the title, lol.

Stupid television.

LMAO! "Men, shave and get drunk...because you're already brilliant!" :D

Dexter S2E1

...and I thought I hated Doakes before, I hate him even more now! I find him seriously irritating but that's the way his character is so the actor playing him is doing a great job, haha. Loved this episode, going to watch the next one.

10/10