Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Rate The Last TV Show You Saw (Spoiler Tags for Recent US Shows!)

Slaggis

Its nice that his dad doesn't hate him, yes (I'd imagine it would only cause a shitstorm if that wasn't the case anyway) but there's much less stereotypical examples of gay teens on American television. And yeah, Rachel is a brat/diva. She presumes the world is out to stop her becoming famous.

Oh and Mr Shu keeps just giving her songs because she's the best, then someone complains and it causes him to reconsider and then Rachel gets upset and storms off. Keeps happening. Nobody learns.

Its amazing how much Quinn looks more like a person with her hair down, before she just looked like a generic teen.

• Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just watched Smallville s09e08...

Bwahahaha, I didn't expect that!

Wonder Twins!!

They even hit their fists together and shouted "powers activate!"

Brilliant.

...I think.

And then an awesome unexpected scene towards the end, which I really hope they stick with and don't just pretend next episode that it never happened.

Edited by Shorty

My God. Just watched the same smallville episode. Seriously, this is easily the best season so far. Iltarted off record-breakingly slow, but they're really seeping into all sorts of avenues regarding the superman legacy. It's really surreal to still be calling the show smalville, at this point.

It was really a Louis episode more than anything; establishing her relationship with the clark/blur personae. The introduction of the glasses (as well as louis's smarmy remark about contact lenses) highlighted just how far we've come - from a dweeb discovering new powers while he shifts hay and plays football into a man whose sole existence will be the bread and butter for the rise of politicians as well as heroes/criminals, who will aspire and conspire because of him.

This season is the first where the focus has been entirely away from Lex Luthor. the whole Zod stuff, with Tess Mercer playing the female version of Lionel Luthor (... the relentless ambiguity was rather tiresome, no?) and with the new politician stuff, I think the smallverse (lolshorteh) has really expanded beyond the high-school years. Chloe is, I think, the most interesting element considering she is an entirely new concept within the superman universe thanks to smallville. Chloe is the element that both ties and yet relates superman to the modern era - dealing with twitter and facebook and in general computer scientification that clark/superman never had to deal with within their inception. She offers ways out of loopholes (albeit leading into their own "but what about this!" canyons) that lets clark and co pursue the topic at hand.

Almost forgot! We have green arrow and speedy, too. This season is being very clever with keeping the focus shifting continuously. The ultimate climax is so mysterious... so unknown that I'm tempted to guess Lex may even make a return! ... :P No, I'm fairly sure Lex'll stay out 'til the (pen)ultimate episode, leading to some spin-off movie of sorts.

So yes! All-in-all, a very, very good episode. Definitely worthy of this lengthy post that only Chris'll read :P

My God. Just watched the same smallville episode. Seriously, this is easily the best season so far. Iltarted off record-breakingly slow, but they're really seeping into all sorts of avenues regarding the superman legacy. It's really surreal to still be calling the show smalville, at this point.

It was really a Louis episode more than anything; establishing her relationship with the clark/blur personae. The introduction of the glasses (as well as louis's smarmy remark about contact lenses) highlighted just how far we've come - from a dweeb discovering new powers while he shifts hay and plays football into a man whose sole existence will be the bread and butter for the rise of politicians as well as heroes/criminals, who will aspire and conspire because of him.

This season is the first where the focus has been entirely away from Lex Luthor. the whole Zod stuff, with Tess Mercer playing the female version of Lionel Luthor (... the relentless ambiguity was rather tiresome, no?) and with the new politician stuff, I think the smallverse (lolshorteh) has really expanded beyond the high-school years. Chloe is, I think, the most interesting element considering she is an entirely new concept within the superman universe thanks to smallville. Chloe is the element that both ties and yet relates superman to the modern era - dealing with twitter and facebook and in general computer scientification that clark/superman never had to deal with within their inception. She offers ways out of loopholes (albeit leading into their own "but what about this!" canyons) that lets clark and co pursue the topic at hand.

Almost forgot! We have green arrow and speedy, too. This season is being very clever with keeping the focus shifting continuously. The ultimate climax is so mysterious... so unknown that I'm tempted to guess Lex may even make a return! ... :P No, I'm fairly sure Lex'll stay out 'til the (pen)ultimate episode, leading to some spin-off movie of sorts.

So yes! All-in-all, a very, very good episode. Definitely worthy of this lengthy post that only Chris'll read :P

I agree. Though it was a typical Smallville dodge when she confronted him about knowing who he really was. Felt like I had watched that scene a million times with Lana.

I really, really want to comment on the clark/louis relationship, and how I felt this episode dealt with it, but really! I only know of it from the movies and The Adventures of Louis and Clark, so I can't risk sounding like a know-it-all (for once).

I think there's a lot more weight with the Louis/clark relationship than there was with Lana. Lana made it excessively Dawson's Creek-esque. This relationship is a lot more emotive and cerebral, and has a larger scope to play with -- surely why it has become such an eponymous duo in the first place.

LOIS NOT LOUIS!!!!!!!!!!!! Louis is a guys name! :p

Smallville really has been brilliant this season and to a lesser extent last season. The Clark/Lois stuff has worked really well, the Zod angle has been interesting and the flashes to the future do keep you wondering whats coming. Im glad Green Arrow is back and the introduction of Speedy. Chloe has maybe needed some more screen time but what we have had of her has been interesting, seeing just how far she will go to do her new job of protecting the heroes. Im going to assume that Oliver is paying her or something because otherwise she really doesnt have another job.

Edited by Happenstance

lol, Louis.

How are more people not talking about the freakin Wonder Twins.

Chloe's character is the only thing I definitely don't like this season. I miss Torch running, story chasing, conspiracy theorist Chloe.

Also up until about 3 episodes ago, I thought this season kinda sucked. It's picked up a lot, but I hope it keeps that up. Looking forward to the double ep special that's coming up :D

I'm a Celebrity...Get me out of here 2009

Kim from Kim and Aggie is in the Jungle. She's the stuff of legends :p

The show went well until...Katie Price put her ugly mush on screen. She's doing it for 'closure'? So it don't have nothing to do with the fact she's being paid more than the others? :heh:

Desperate Housewives - Entire First Season

Bought the boxset and it only took me a couple of days to get through it. Absolutely fantastic, though it's strange to see the show focus less on the humor and more on the drama considering how the show is now. Some brilliant moments. The 5 seconds where we finally get to see Bree breakdown was heartbreaking, and I loved the moment Susan found Andrew in the pool with the other guy. It's nice to remember her having the right balance of ditzy, unlike now where she's just verging on annoying.

MET HER AND FILMED IT.

She's actually said my name.

Oh...Em...Gee!

As IF you met Kim and Aggie! Am officially jealous, you bastard! :bouncy:

Kim is a legend, lmao. What were they like and most importantly, did they clean your house? lmao.

I'm a celebrity...get me out of here

Seeing Kim do that task made me laugh so much, it was awesome. Then Katie Price came on and I was like "Ugh!"

8/10 before Katie Price

0.5/10 when she entered the jungle

The Prisoner e01-02

"I am not a number! I Am a free man!"

I think I could really love this show. Just got to really decide whether it would be beneficial or even derogative to watch the whole of the old show before I continue this. I only know of a few things; numbers, bouncing ball things, paranoia and a generally unsatisfactory ending. But I'm sure this show will have numerous references to the older version... but it is a hard choice. To watch with nostalgia or with purely open, unaware eyes?

I really like AMC network, for mad men and for Breaking Bad, and I think they're secondary only to HBO in terms of toned drama -- but often their shows rely too much on symbolism, on the audience assuming there is a deeper meaning (through, usually, superior sound that relies very little on pre-existing material). The way the long-shot angles are coupled with voyeuresque audio is ingenius.

Yeah stopping now.Algolol.

Oh...Em...Gee!

As IF you met Kim and Aggie! Am officially jealous, you bastard! :bouncy:

Kim is a legend, lmao. What were they like and most importantly, did they clean your house? lmao.

I'm a celebrity...get me out of here

Seeing Kim do that task made me laugh so much, it was awesome. Then Katie Price came on and I was like "Ugh!"

8/10 before Katie Price

0.5/10 when she entered the jungle

Can't remember which ones which (Kim the blonde one?) Kim was really nice. Aggie was a cunt. I know it was nice of them to do it, but I was waiting around for half an hour after they said they would, Kim kept trying to get Aggie to pop out and meet me/do it, but she was pissing around kept going in their trailer and then fucking off/being a bitch. (And there were about 5 other people just waiting for photos with them waiting for bitch-Aggie)

Dexter - Road Kill

(shouldn't this be the name of last week's episode? I'm still upset about that...)

Another good week of cat and mouse, hit and miss but personally I hope Debs gets the Trinity Killer, it would be a huge career win for her.

How I Met Your Mother - The Playbook

Good old Barney, and of course the running jokes such as the playbook. I knew he'd be playing the gang at the end though. Plus great use of wobbly timelines, which is something the show does well.

Desperate Housewives - The Coffee Cup

When they said the judge likes to give humourous/ironic sentences (can they even do those?) I was hoping she'd sentence Susan to not talk for like...a year. But alas, didn't. I hate how we're supposed to feel sorry for Orson (I think we are anyway). He's trapped his wife into a loveless marriage for blackmail. Very sympathetic.

Gossip Girl - The Last Days of the Disco Stick

Thankfully Lady GaGa wasn't on it that much. I know for that kind of 'singer' she can't really do anything live but she barely even tried to mime. Also, Serena is stupid. Very stupid. Again.

Can't remember which ones which (Kim the blonde one?) Kim was really nice. Aggie was a cunt. I know it was nice of them to do it, but I was waiting around for half an hour after they said they would, Kim kept trying to get Aggie to pop out and meet me/do it, but she was pissing around kept going in their trailer and then fucking off/being a bitch. (And there were about 5 other people just waiting for photos with them waiting for bitch-Aggie)

Kim is the blonde one who says 'lovey' all the time, lol. Aggie is the thin one, lol. I never really liked Aggie much, Kim is just a lege, haha.

Derren Brown's 3D spectacular show (or whatever it's called)

The programme itself was good but sometimes, the 3D effects were rubbish. It weren't used very well but still enjoyable.

7/10

Just got round to watching V. It is win. Will watch the 2nd episode before I make a proper verdict, though.

My weekly show-intake looks to be thus; smallville, supernatural, V, The Prisoner, Flashforward, House, Ultimate Fighter, Friday Night Lights

Catching up on Fringe, HIMYM and Gangland, and there's Lost and southlands to start up (with Breaking Bad miles off). Awsum.

Gossip Girl - The Last Days of the Disco Stick

Thankfully Lady GaGa wasn't on it that much. I know for that kind of 'singer' she can't really do anything live but she barely even tried to mime. Also, Serena is stupid. Very stupid. Again.

Did you not find it incredibly cringeworthy watching the aftermath of that hilariously absurd threesome? I felt myself having to look away whenever there was a confrontation between Dan, Vanessa and Olivia. Just made for awful viewing. As for GaGa, her miming was off, noticeably but I don't think many will have noticed unless they really, really looked. But I agree with the Serena thing. Really wish they'd shove her to the background for awhile cause everything she does is, as you say, stupid.

How I Met Your Mother - The Playbook

That's much more like it. Great having Barney back to his good ol' self once again and up to his usual tricks. Yes, the ending was an obvious plot point that you could see coming from a mile away but it was still well done and it was pure, classic Barney. Some of the plays were brilliant though. The Cheap Trick one was another nod to their liking of the band and surprisingly, NPH managed to look the part in the get up. Mrs. Stinsfire wins it though. Absolutely brilliant.

I'm still waiting, like many, to see more about Ted this season. Like, we saw him start his new job as a professor in the first episode but haven't seen or heard anything since. I can understand that constantly going that route would be boring but there's just no story to go off of for Ted. He seems to be spending too much time at MacLaren's. Good use of the Mosby play though. Nice continuity there. Hoping that now they've got to being actually entertaining that the producers can keep it as such. Eagerly awaiting the NPH musical number :santa:

V episode 2.

This is shaping to be who's the 5th cylon?, but all season long. The fact that we have rebelling Vs means we shouldn't necessarily dismiss all Vs as a-holes - that girl that the FBI lady's 17-year-old son likes, for instance, might just be a pawn in the head-Vs' game as well.

The news guy reminds me of Balthar from BSG - his intentions are not wholely clear. While he distrusts the Vs he doesn't seem to want to stay their go-to guy in order to expose them any more than he wants to simply be famous and powerful.

I'm guessing that at some point FBI and Priest meet up with Black Traitor Dude, and I'm sure the fact that FBI V Guy will come back to the office and stir all sorts of shit right up.

Definitely a slower episode than the pilot, and not as rigid with tension, but certainly jam-packed with paranoid potential. It's like 4400 meets x-files. Lots of win.