Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Have you ever met anyone off the Internet?

welsh_gamer

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I was looking for accommodation for my first year at uni, so I posted for a housemate on Student Pad. A guy replied who was in the same situation as me and doing the same course as me. We agreed to meet up in Lincoln and go look round a few houses.

As for the meet, I didn't know what he looked like it was just a case of meet outside uni, at 10:30. I got there early and then noticed a guy walking and looking around, then stopped and pulled his mobile out and started texting. I walked over and said "Hi are you Luke?" and it was :D phew, I could of looked a right plonker! Any way we looked around a few houses and killed sum time in the town centre, and got on ok.

We lived together for all the three years of Uni, and got on absolutly great, same sense of humor, same way of thinking. Even now after we've finished uni, we still keep in touch almost on a daily basis, and do design work together. And if all goes to plan, we will be starting our own company up in the new year.

I had a positive experience from meeting someone off the internet, and he has grown to be a best friend. Would I ever do it again? Probably not.

________

Csi: Miami Forums

Edited by fex

I met the Shorty and jayseven...nearly a year ago I think? Whenever I went to Sheff. Plan to go back soonish.

Met someone ages ago who is a member of this board (but wasnt at the time...and dont think I was. It was like five years ago).

And then of course people from MySpace and Facebook but they turn into more intimate stories...

And I survived them all (although, one is a "nearly just" but long story)

FEF, Roadki||, Athriller, pdhq64 and Sharan in london. Roadie eating pizza was awesome XD

Oh, and Fierce_LiNk recognised me at wembley once and said hi, when we saw muse, also saw FEF there.

Err, a load of people from Southparks (rollercoaster forum), load of people from SA.

So yeah, I like my internets.

oh god yes! i met coolness bears!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

^____________________________________^

that was much better!! he was polite and very much non-lecherous.

I have met quite a few members:

Master Tim, Jav (who stayed at my house), Dom, rokhed, pdhq64 (was that his username?) GKBowser, Sharan, Joby, Wildo (quite a few times) and some of the other guys from the staff the other week.

Loads of randoms at some game shows whose names I forget now (sorry)

I also met some of the older C-E lot back at the Shiggy signing in Virgin Megastores.

I have met Twozzok, at the Muse gig. I recognised him, and thought "hmm, should I say hi?" I did, and it was probably the geekiest thing I ever did. I think at one point I stretched out my hand, for him to shake it with.

"hi Twozzok?"

"err....yeah"

"I'm Fierce_LiNk" *moves hand*

*nervous shake*

*both people run off in different directions* hahaha

I've also met ViPeR, cos he came down to Brighton. He chose the WORST time to come down, cos I was out with my housemates on a Saturday night, so all the places were expensive. I hope when he comes down again, he comes in the week cos then we'll have more places to go.

I'm sorry I don't understand the question. What is this "off the internet"?

I actually met a guy accidentally. He doesn't post here anymore, his nickname was probably naruto, I was playing Jump Superstars on the train on the way to uni for the first time.A guy comes to me, and asks me if I wanna play Jump with him. I did, he comes to me and says "You're Hellfire?""Yes""The Hellfire from n-europe?" "Yeah" "I'm naruto bla bla". Turned out he was going to the same uni as me. He later quit the uni, but still, small world

Why yes, yes I am. :wink:

Hahaha, you wish. =P

I will be meeting a certain member beginning with E in feb, but shh its a secret ;)

You're coming to meet me for my birthday in February? How sweet! =O

I once kinda met someone from the internet without realizing it. Was going for my entrance exam at some art school and while I was waiting I was just kinda sketching some gryphons and a mascot for a site I designed back then. And some guy comes up to me and asks if I'm Ine. =O

Apparently he was someone I'd been talking to for a while on the internet already. Was kinda weird and awkward though at that moment. X3

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!