• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Daft

• flameboy

• dwarf

• Choze

Top Posters In This Topic

PC emulation of PS2 games is pretty good, I would have thought they could emulate PS2 games decently on a PS Vita if they cared to try.

Probably more profitable to release them as HD classics as near RRP collections though just for PS3.

I've also never understood why you can't play PSP games off the store on the PS3. I mean, I know they'd look crap (maybe put a box around it?), but surely the PS3 would be capable? Especially for titles like Final Fantasy I, that could easily have been given a PS3 version or something.

Edited by Sheikah

Is the play station store THE WORST digital download store in existence? The UI is atrocious. It is the most cumbersome store. And everything on the ps3 takes AGES to download. Ridiculous amounts of time. I've literally had infamous downloading since the great fuck up of last year, not joking. Obviously my ps3 hasn't been on the whole time, but it's been download since then. It's o 98% now and a MB at a time every 30 seconds or more. I want to download hustle kings, but I have to wait. Any way of pausing this and downloading that? Anyone know why it is so insanely slow?

Figured how to pause it! Still crazy slow though!

Is the play station store THE WORST digital download store in existence?

I find all e-stores appalling; they lack two major functions:

1. Decent recommendations
    All these companies have a decent amount of data on us all but they're failing to utilise it - even Android Market (with Google knowing pretty much everything about me fails to provide decent recommendations.
  2. Decent Search
    Search is always pretty poor, with irrelevant results being pulled in to results.

Could it be anything to do with my ps3 as my Internet is usually lightening!

Could be. Maybe the wifi transmitter/receiver is packing in. Try a speed test (there was one which you could use on Wii, is there one on PS3?) and compare it to a PC speed test. Could be interference- Christmas Tree lights are a fucker for it (although I would hope that you've taken that down by now.

I have to say after owning a PS3 for 18 months, its feeling pretty shoddy. Its noisier than the prostitute in Se7en and just feels like its about to give up the ghost at any moment.

Come on boy, it's out every Tuesday, step it up!

But seriously, apologies for the spoilers but I thought those of us that actually watch this crap would have watched it by now heh. The best thing about the show are these 'in a nutshell' videos.

yah just had a busy couple of days....got it downloaded ready to watch over the weekened. It is crap but also good, sad to hear he went really, had hopped he would be the douche they kept in for as long as they possibly could.

I can't for the life of me seem to get media server stuff to work. I've tried opening all ports, sorting out access lists etc through the router. Enabled it within the PS3 itself and have set folders to share on my mac but it's still not coming up on my XMB.

Any ideas? Googling isn't helping.

Likewise with USB, its not coming up on the XMB.

Edited by Ashley

So I have a couple of peeves with Sony to post about.

1. I went and plugged in my Blaze arcade stick to play some Mortal Kombat which I hadn't started. Imagine my disappointment when I found that it wouldn't work on the XMB or anything lights just flashing away. Quick google revealed that around Patch 3.50 Sony removed support for some USB devices, then I remembered I was vaguely aware as at the time I was writing for ablegamers and remember some members of the disabled gaming community being up in arms about it. So annoying effectively have a useless arcade stick now although admittedly haven't used it since Super Streetfighter IV came out.

2. Why the fuck do they only let you have 1 system activated for video content?! I went to download the free episode of South Park they are offering (not properly watched an episode for years and wanted to see it) and was told I couldn't and I needed to deactivate other machine....it fucking yellow lighted...so now I guess I have to phone up or email such a pain in the arse.