• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Daft

• flameboy

• dwarf

• Choze

Top Posters In This Topic

I really liked Heavy Rain. The story wasnt great, it had plot holes and the voice acting was terrible (yet awesome at the same time....."Jason!") but the entire thing just felt like one big experience I hadnt had before and id love for them to make another game like it.

Exactly.

Also, out of interest have you played all the God of War games, or just 3?

GoW3 looks amazing, but really I think it means I should play the first two as well, and I'm gonna have such a mountain of games built up by the time Uni ends and I start playing that, that I'm not sure I want to add 2 more to that list.

I've played them all and also the PSP ones. Everyone of them is worth playing and all available on the PS3. I would recommend you at least play through the first 2 before starting the 3rd as there is alot going on in terms of story and the 3rd one starts straight after the 2nd.

You can skip the PSP ones. It's not that they are bad, far from it in fact, just that they are more really side stories.

Fahrenheit was unique too, starting off in a toilet where you have killed a guy and have no recollection of it. Then you have to wash your hands, try to act casual, the police ask you where the toilet is or something, it is exhilarating when you are actually worried you'll get caught or die... I want them to make more of these games, and where the hell is The Last Guardian for that matter?

GAME has been hacked. Unlike the other hacks this one is serious as the passwords are public.

Why do the details have a username when GAME doesn't have usernames?

Edit: That was a different site, Catalyst-Gaming.

Edit: GAME say they haven't http://www.mcvuk.com/news/read/game-we-have-not-been-hacked/089813

Edited by Cube

I was contemplating getting the £20 Uncharted mappy thingamie schmitz, but Dark Souls at £15 is a major temptation.

http://www.zavvi.com/games/platforms/ps3/dark-souls/10355877.html

Dark Souls is fantastic mate my fave game of last year. I've still not finished it either.

Fortune Hunter Pack is incredible value for money so I say fuck it and get both!

Believe me Sheikz, I'd have been on that shit immediately were it not for my lack of connection, there was no way I was going to play the game without seeing those beautiful ghosts floating around the set.

I'm now online though.

Purchased a PS3 last night. Mostly going to use it for blu-ray but figured I should pick up some games so any suggestions? Rarely play so not going to get many at the moment but thinking LBP, Heavy Rain, Bioshock.

And fuck me the controllers are expensive! Don't know why, it's just a wireless PS2 controller :heh:

The Uncharted series (obviously).

Infamous 1/2, if you're into superhero open world games.

Valkyria Chronicles, if you like SRPGs.

The Ratchet & Clank games, if you like action-platformers with a lot of humor.

If you haven't played them already on the PS2, check out Ico and Shadow of the Colossus.

LittleBigPlanet, Heavy Rain and Bioshock are all good games, so you could do a lot worse. :smile:

All (if not most) of the Final Fantasy titles prior to FFX are on sale on the store, no reason not to get at least FFVII, VIII and IX if anyone hasn't already played them. Those 3 are £3.50 each if you have PS Plus, £4 otherwise. Fantastic value for what they are! Getting FFVII through to IX for about a tenner is insanely good.

And fuck me the controllers are expensive! Don't know why, it's just a wireless PS2 controller :heh:

Yeah no idea why but these went up incredibly steeply last year, with shops like game/gamestation selling them for over £50!

Amazon is your best bet at £35. I really wouldn't recommend buying them preowned (they might be on the verge of being worn out) or buying from ebay/Amazon marketplace. There seems to be quite a few counterfeits knocking about.

Edited by Sheikah
Automerged Doublepost

Well, you get analogue buttons for it. Those got to be worth a premium, no? :heh:

An advice concerning Bioshock: If you can wait, then get Bioshock Infinite when it comes out later this year. It will include the first. That is, unless Irrational or 2k Games decide to pull an EA...

Edit:

@Retro_Link If you're looking for a jump&run on the PS3, have you considered Rayman Origins? If not, you should at least check out the demo!

Edited by Burny

Well, you get analogue buttons for it. Those got to be worth a premium, no? :heh:

The DualShock 2's buttons are also analogue. It didn't have SIXAXIS, Bluetooth or a battery pack, though.

You can find new DS3s for under £30 pretty reliably if you shop around. Gameplay seems like the best bet currently.

Never knew that. Where they used as often as the DS3's are? ;)

Honestly the only examples I can think of are MGS2 and 3: you had to let go of Square slowly to holster your weapon and after holding a guard up, and the pressure you applied to the L and R buttons changed zoom level during cutscenes. I don't claim to have an encyclopaedic knowledge of PS2 game button functions, mind.

I imagine it's one of those things that's actually used a lot, you just don't notice it. Even if we're dealing with a binary function it allows developers to vary where the 'bite' of a button press is, which must be quite handy; to throw out a hypothetical example, you might require a deliberate press of a button to use a healing item making it less likely people would clip it accidentally and waste resources.