Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

PlayStation 3 Console Discussion

McPhee

Hopefully WiiU doesnt suffer from the same issues as Wii. Developers just half arsed everything on the Wii.

The PS4 is sounding it will be tech focused again.

I have played PS2 and have set my eyes on PS3.Hopefully i will get it on my birthday fro my parents.Do pray for me.

Good luck.

• Replies 14.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Daft

• flameboy

• dwarf

• Choze

Top Posters In This Topic

Hopefully WiiU doesnt suffer from the same issues as Wii. Developers just half arsed everything on the Wii.

The problem is there were some great 3rd party games that just didn't sell and done crap ones that did. Along with the success of some iffy casual franchises the incentive to create great original games on Wii was lost a long time ago and I can only see the same happening with Wii U

This is the Playstation thread, but i'm just going to say this here, as the Wii board scares me with it's high population of retards.

I don't get the Wii U. It's just pointless. It's basically like a big DS, but shit. The controller is just a shitty gimmick, and won't even give any benefits. The examples that people have come up with for it's uses are just terrible, and there is nothing next gen about it. Bollocks like how it can be used to use killstreaks in CoD. What's wrong with pressing a button on the D-pad? Plus you'd have to look away from the screen for a second to do it, so you would probably get your face shot off while doing it.

Yeah, it's rubbish.

The PS3 controller is last gen compared to the Wii U, though. Your post was kind of pointless, and just seems like it was a random dig.

Talking about form factor it's the "gen before last" actually, if we're taking the WiiU as next gen. And by kind of pointless random dig, do you mean just like calling unspecified people retards from across the other half of the board, instead of getting over there and telling them?

This is the Playstation thread, but i'm just going to say this here, as the Wii board scares me with it's high population of retards.

I don't get the Wii U. It's just pointless. It's basically like a big DS, but shit. The controller is just a shitty gimmick, and won't even give any benefits. The examples that people have come up with for it's uses are just terrible, and there is nothing next gen about it. Bollocks like how it can be used to use killstreaks in CoD. What's wrong with pressing a button on the D-pad? Plus you'd have to look away from the screen for a second to do it, so you would probably get your face shot off while doing it.

Yeah, it's rubbish.

I almost feel like this is the perfect place for us to talk about the Wii U safe away from the fanboys. I know for example @Daft is in a similar position to me former Nintendo fanboy now playing primarily on a Sony console but not a Sony fanboy by any stretch of the imagination (in fact have "hated" them in them in the past and still loath them at points)

Edited by flameboy

Talking about form factor it's the "gen before last" actually, if we're taking the WiiU as next gen. And by kind of pointless random dig, do you mean just like calling unspecified people retards from across the other half of the board, instead of getting over there and telling them?

Yeah because if there's one thing I respect it's people going onto a board of fanboys and directly telling them they're retards to start a flame war.

I almost feel like this is the perfect place for us to talk about the Wii U. I know for example @Daft is in a similar position to me former Nintendo fanboy now playing primarily on a Sony console but not a Sony fanboy by any stretch of the imagination (in fact have "hated" them in them in the past and still loath them at points)

Totes. I feel like we can have an actual discussion here (until Choze turns up). Posting on the Wii boards is asking to get caught in the cross fires of a fanboy fap fap war.

I've said it before and I'll say it again, Sony to me are now more like the good old Nintendo of the N64 days than Nintendo are (They have the most powerful console and their first party studios and output are second to none). As a gamer I think I've changed relatiively little, it's Nintendo that have gone off chasing some kind of proto-fascist waggle controlled gaming utopia.

I don't understand fanboys. Why do they feel like they owe a company their loyalty? The company just cares about getting their money, and don't really care about giving their loyal fans what they want. You're just limiting yourself to one brand, and then you miss out on experiencing what other consoles can offer. It's just naive to disregard other consoles like that, as it's blocking you from good things. I had a Wii long before i even considered getting a PS3, and i loved it. I adored Super Mario Galaxy and experienced my first Zelda game, which i also loved. I got tired of it when no games were coming out that i was interested in. When i got a PS3, i realised just how far ahead it was of the Wii.

I don't dislike the look of the Wii U because it's Nintendo, or because i love the PS3. It just doesn't interest me at all.

Every edition is technically the Move Edition, it just saves you from having to download an obscenely large patch. So yes, you can use a regular controller.

As for the game, it's well worth playing. It has a lot of foibles, and the occasional outright failure, but I think it's a game that everyone should at least rent, especially if you have an interest in where games are going; it's a sign of things to come as opposed to the fruition of promise.

I thought it was really good, I got into the action scenes and was constantly worried I would die, since I knew the game would carry on without him. It's been a while since I played it but I did find it awesome, as did my friend who usually sticks with fifa, car games and shooters. I'd suggest a rental though because it is a murder mystery, kinda no point once you know the murderer.

Every edition is technically the Move Edition, it just saves you from having to download an obscenely large patch. So yes, you can use a regular controller.

As for the game, it's well worth playing. It has a lot of foibles, and the occasional outright failure, but I think it's a game that everyone should at least rent, especially if you have an interest in where games are going; it's a sign of things to come as opposed to the fruition of promise.

What outright failures doth one speak of? Narrative or gameplay oriented?

Heavy Rain is the only game I've played that has really given me an adrenaline rush, and that's a huge compliment. You shouldn't have doubts about trying it.

I've said it before and I'll say it again, Sony to me are now more like the good old Nintendo of the N64 days than Nintendo are (They have the most powerful console and their first party studios and output are second to none). As a gamer I think I've changed relatiively little, it's Nintendo that have gone off chasing some kind of proto-fascist waggle controlled gaming utopia.

I totally agree. I don't know whether it's because they were last out the gate and had to push that little bit harder to sell the system, or whether they planned it like this, but Sony's exclusives have been simply fantastic this generation.

I know I don't play on the PS3 half as much as I do my 360, but the quality of exclusive titles that I have experienced on the PS3 has been amazing. Uncharted, God of War, Heavy Rain, Ratchet and Clank, Infamous etc. have all been worth the admission price.

Maybe a stupid question, but the Move Edition of Heavy Rain works without Move right?

Also what do you guys think of the game?

I loved the game to bits and think everyone should have at least one playthrough the game. I look forward to seeing what choices you make in the course of your run through of the game.

Nice one @Hero\-of\-Time!

Also, out of interest have you played all the God of War games, or just 3?

GoW3 looks amazing, but really I think it means I should play the first two as well, and I'm gonna have such a mountain of games built up by the time Uni ends and I start playing that, that I'm not sure I want to add 2 more to that list.

What outright failures doth one speak of? Narrative or gameplay oriented?

Some of the voice acting is terrible, there's some rather annoying plot holes and generally the script could do with a lot of work. It's essentially an interactive version of one of those middling movies that you come across whilst flicking channels and end up watching because it's easier than getting up.

That actually gives a more negative impression than I have of the game, though. Whilst it would make a pretty rubbish film, I found it to be really involving experience overall. That's why I think it's a very important game, as the things it falls short on — namely acting and writing — are, relatively speaking, easy to fix: it's a great example of how participation makes games a fantastic vehicle for storytelling, as they carry a level of investment cinema just can't compete with.