• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Daft

• flameboy

• dwarf

• Choze

Top Posters In This Topic

Anyway, I don't really care about how a game is controlled. I'm not a rampant spastic so I can get used to different control schemes. I want more advance games, not another generation where everyone tries to re-invents the bloody wheel.

The one good thing is that they have the Wii to rip-off and improve on. Good luck, though, they'll need it.

Gamespot is trolling Sony on stream.

Press:

PlayStation®Move offers a new and innovative gaming experience for the PlayStation®3 (PS3™) system

by fusing realistic, high-definition gaming along with accurate, intuitive control. Consisting of

PlayStation®Move motion controller, PlayStation®Move sub-controller and PlayStation®Eye camera,

PlayStation Move enables sophisticated motion control and immersive gameplay only possible on the PS3

system.

PLAYSTATION®MOVE MOTION CONTROLLER

The corner stone of PlayStation Move, PlayStation Move motion controller combines advanced motion

sensors, a dynamic color changing sphere, vibration feedback, and an easy to use button interface. Equipped

with three-axis gyroscope, three-axis accelerometer and terrestrial magnetic field sensor, PlayStation Move

motion controller tracks the precise movements and the angle of the controller. The PS3 system also detects

the absolute position of the controller in 3D space by using PlayStation Eye camera. Highly sensitive

movement tracking can be accurately traced back to the game, allowing intuitive gameplay as if the player

is within the game.

KEY FEATURES:

o Works with PlayStation Eye camera to accurately track player position

o Includes action buttons of DUALSHOCK®3 and SIXAXIS® wireless controller for direct

input

o Sleek and Wireless

o Built-in rechargeable Li-ion battery

o Advanced motion sensors in the controller precisely track both fast and subtle movements

o Color of the sphere's light provides visual feedback during gameplay

o Vibration feedback is felt during specific actions

o Bluetooth® technology supports wireless gaming

o Simultaneously use up to four motion controllers with a PS3 system

o Charge the controller and automatically pair it with the PS3 system via a USB cable (Type

A - Mini-B)

PLAYSTATION®MOVE SUB-CONTROLLER

PlayStation Move sub controller is a supplementary controller, developed to further expand the experience

that PlayStation Move games can offer. It can be used in most PlayStation Move games that require

navigating an in-game character as it replicates the control features of the left side of DUALSHOCK 3 and

SIXAXIS wireless controller into one’s PlayStation Move experience. PlayStation Move sub controller

adds an analog stick, directional buttons and two face buttons into the PlayStation Move's control scheme.

In addition, the sub-controller contains the L1 button, L2 button and L3 button for actions and commands

common in advanced gaming.

KEY FEAURES:

o Wireless control completely untethered from PlayStation Move motion controller

o Intuitive navigation of in-game characters

o Easy and intuitive XMB™ menu navigation

o Built-in rechargeable Li-ion battery

o Charge the controller and automatically pair it with the PS3 system via a USB cable (Type

A - Mini-B)

o Sleek curved body design that easily pairs with the motion controller

Note: DUALSHOCK 3 and SIXAXIS wireless controller can be used in place of the sub controller for all games

that are compatible with the sub controller

PLAYSTATION®EYE CAMERA

As an integral part of PlayStation Move, PlayStation Eye camera is designed specifically to work with the

next generation of PlayStation Move gaming titles being developed for the PS3 system. When used with

PlayStation Move motion controller, PlayStation Eye camera precisely tracks a user’s movement and the

motion controller’s sphere to help bring every move into the game. In addition, PlayStation Eye camera

captures a player’s voice or image and when combined together with PlayStation Move games, will bring a

whole new entertainment experience to user only possible on the PlayStation® platform.

KEY FEAURES:

o Engineered to perform in low-light conditions so that the rooms do not have to be lit

brightly for the camera to deliver crisp, perfectly exposed video

o Two position zoom lens for close-up and full body options

o At 60 frames per second, captures a sharp, clear picture at 640 x 480 resolutions

o Frame rate of up to 120 frames per second for improved tracking, responsiveness and

smoothness

o A sophisticated microphone with the ability to reduce background noise and focus on

spoken word for smoother, more accurate speech recognition

Third Party Developers and Publishers Supporting PlayStation®Move platform

Company Name (in alphabetical order, as of March 10, 2010)

505 Games U.S.

Activision Publishing, Inc.

AQ INTERACTIVE Inc.

ARC SYSTEMS WORK CO.,LTD

ATLUS Co., LTD.

Bigben Interactive

CAPCOM CO., LTD.

CCP

Crave Entertainment

CYBERFRONT Corporation

Disney Interactive Studios

Electronic Arts Inc.

FromSoftware, Inc.

Game Republic, Inc.

GUST CO., LTD.

HUDSON SOFT CO., LTD

IREM SOFTWARE ENGINEERING INC.

Koei Co., Ltd.

Konami Digital Entertainment Co., Ltd.

Majesco Entertainment

Marvelous Entertainment Inc.

NAMCO BANDAI Games Inc.

ONGAKUKAN Co., Ltd.

Oxygen Games

PAON CORPORATION

Q Entertainment Inc.

Q-GAMES, LTD.

SEGA CORPORATION

Sony Online Entertainment

Spike Co., Ltd.

SQUARE ENIX GROUP

TECMO, LTD.

THQ Inc.

UBISOFT®

Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment

Zoo Entertainment, Inc.

fdgb5e.jpg

4423031462_c7f959bd98_b.jpg

Move Party:

4423059250_b0268fe527.jpg

4422318151_7b148cca77_b.jpg

4423083794_908b3da0b9_b.jpg

4422318263_60d4ab3359_b.jpg

Slider:

4422301789_a7ed0c9770_b.jpg

Edited by Dante
Automerged Doublepost

Wow...just...wow. Not a stroke of individuality here

How on earth can Sony do this without getting sued, they've even totally ripped off Wii Sports Resort with a Sports Compilation with Archery, Table Tennis, Swordplay

thats sony for ya

also i wonder how long it will take for people to break those coloured ping pong balls off

Edited by or else you will DIE

I can't see how anyone but fanboys could be upset with Sony ripping-off the Wii controller. We need a unified input device for motion. Ultimately it will benefit the games more.

Edited by Daft
Typo-po-po

Looks good. The name, 'Move' is very good and I dont see Wii doing stuff like Socom or that light gun game. I especially like the second controller. Also no more crappy AA batteries and wires!

I'm no fanboy, I have all three, but there's still the whole blatant rip thing. If Nintendo did it to another company, I'd state my outrage just as I am now

Afew Wii fans have a hissy fit over anything. Technically Sony started the whole motion thing with Eyetoy anyway.

The big issue in my opinion is cost and the fact it also requires a camera. Wii and Natal are cheap and simple. However, Move is very precise and strong for control(even if you supposedly cover the camera). Its bringing alot of good things to the table. Superior motion control with ability for small precise movements and Technology behind the PS3. Which means superior physics etc.

and yes the balls can change to any colour

4422280435_98ed827968_b.jpg

Edited by Choze

Even though PS Move is a blatant rip-off, I don't really mind actually. I'm really interested in this. It's a mix of my two favourite things: the Wii-controls with the PS3's muscle.

Thank the Gaming Gods for that 'nunchuk'! Playing RE5 with a Sixaxis in your left hand really seemed uncomfortable.

Nice.

Even though PS Move is a blatant rip-off, I don't really mind actually. I'm really interested in this. It's a mix of my two favourite things: the Wii-controls with the PS3's muscle.

Thank the Gaming Gods for that 'nunchuk'! Playing RE5 with a Sixaxis in your left hand really seemed uncomfortable.

Nice.

Yep. RE5 and Socom have support. As others have pointed out. Its taking the Wii idea and adding much more accuracy, proper online functions, A camera(more gameplay options), more ease of use, better game development and tons of other stuff the Wii cant do or could not do right.

I am still a normal gamer though. I dont think any motion tech will change me.

Ive always liked the IR functionality of the Wii, while simultaneously hating the accelerometer so if this thing somehow eliminates the need for violently jerking and shaking the controller, then im all over it.

It looks to be a very refined rip-off and im happy about the button placement and the inclusion of a d-pad on the nunchuck.

Also, Heavy Rain better get patched to work with this. Its pretty much screaming for it

Aside from the design, it seems cool. I don't think it will help PS3 sales as they think it will but I'm curious to see Sony's perspective on motion controlling (well, eventually...).

We'll see how will Nintendo responds to this in its next console.

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!