NEurope
McPhee

PlayStation 3 Console Discussion

Since GTA4 is rubbish, I'd recommend Red Dead Redemption. ;)

Tomba! (Tombi) comes to PlayStation Network as a PSOne Classic this summer

One of Sony's most beloved first-party PlayStation 1 games is coming to the PS3 and PSP via ... a company other than Sony. Tomba!, the platformer starring the pink-haired caveman, will be released on the PlayStation Network soon by MonkeyPaw Games.

In addition to being just incredibly cute, Tomba! has some serious credentials. After an illustrious career at Capcom during which he designed the Ghosts 'n Goblins games and produced the Mega Man series, Tokuro Fujiwara founded his own studio, Whoopee Camp, where he directed Tomba! and its sequel for publisher Sony Computer Entertainment.

"Sony and MonkeyPaw have a good working relationship," MonkeyPaw CEO John Greiner told Joystiq. "I think they appreciate the titles we've brought to the Store. And they value the support we give the games. Having a plethora of Japanese content is a distinct advantage PlayStation has over Xbox. But the games still need to be brought Stateside. So our model helps Sony spread their Japanese edge and we help Japanese developers get their titles to a wider audience. Hence, Sony is willing to work with us on titles that may not have otherwise been licensed out. Support is key."

MonkeyPaw has been working on acquiring the Tomba! rights for a year. "We often have to chase down multiple right holders," Greiner said. "In this case, Sony and Whoopee Camp had rights that needed to be negotiated." The deal didn't necessarily include the sequel, however. "Tomba! 2 is a possibility but we need to really sell Tomba! 1 well before we can extend our relationship," Greiner explained. "It's the first time to work with Fujiwara-san so we're trying to make a good impression. Good sales have a way opening doors a bit wider."

Source - http://www.joystiq.com/2012/05/23/tomba-comes-to-playstation-network-as-a-psone-classic-this-summ/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+weblogsinc%2Fjoystiq+(Joystiq)

So with this being released on PSN soon, does this hint that Tombi will be in Sony Allstars Battle Royal?

I was about to say the same thing...seems like it would be fair bet that such moves may hint at the reintroduction of old characters back when and their positioning as potential Battle Royale fighters.

That's awesome. Only played the demo on PS1 and have wanted it ever since. It's been a while since I checked the market but I'm sure it cost a fortune still so this is great news.

Although this does not necessarily mean an EU release right? Spyro was released in NA a few years ago but they are still not on EU PSN.

In about 5 weeks after my exams I'll be looking to get a new game to get stuck into. Decided it will probably be GTA4 as I wanted to try something different. I'm on the lookout for a new copy of the complete edition for under £20 but it seems hard to come by as stock seems very low. I rather not buy it the game and DLC on seperate discs as I'd prefer to have it on 1 disc :) (Unless the DLC isn't worth buying?) So if anyone has seen the complete edition for around £20 online or in store I'd be grateful for the info! I've seen a USA copy on Planetaxel for just over £20 but I'd like to have an EU copy and buy from a retailer I've heard of. Cheers for any help!

I bought it for 20£ on PSN. (roughly, Norwegian prices and all that). It's without dlc though.

And don't listen to MadDog. They are both great games.

When is June releases for Plus known?

Edited by Tales
Automerged Doublepost

That's awesome. Only played the demo on PS1 and have wanted it ever since. It's been a while since I checked the market but I'm sure it cost a fortune still so this is great news.

Although this does not necessarily mean an EU release right? Spyro was released in NA a few years ago but they are still not on EU PSN.

I bought it for 20£ on PSN. (roughly, Norwegian prices and all that). It's without dlc though.

And don't listen to MadDog. They are both great games.

When is June releases for Plus known?

Possible today ready for release next Wednesday.

EDIT:

Then again we might not hear anything due to rumours of Plus changing.

Edited by flameboy

With the rumours of Sony putting ads in games, anyone else think they might follow in Spotify's footsteps by removing them for PS+ members?

With the rumours of Sony putting ads in games, anyone else think they might follow in Spotify's footsteps by removing them for PS+ members?

hmmm and only let you play each game 5 times?! Spotify used to be awesome but now its all about Grooveshark.

New Ratchet and Clank arrives this year.

Ratchet & Clank: QForce launches on PlayStation 3 this Autumn, developer Insomniac Games has announced.

As revealed in a guest post on the PlayStation Blog from CEO Ted Price, it's a "fun-sized" adventure which sees Insomniac return to "the series' classic feel, camera, controls and weapons".

There'll be various online features included, offering "a whole new way to play Ratchet & Clank with your friends".

That's all we know for now, though you can check out the packshot below.

Judging by the US PlayStation Blog, it'll be called Ratchet & Clank: Full Frontal Assault across the pond and, unlike in Europe, be download only.

Before QForce lands, fans of the series can soon reacquaint themselves with the first three games in the franchise, with the launch of Ratchet & Clank HD Collection on 8th June.

Whatever the Ratchet and Clank was that they gave away after the downtime was an abomination. Put me off the rest of the series to be honest.

Whatever the Ratchet and Clank was that they gave away after the downtime was an abomination. Put me off the rest of the series to be honest.

I think this is another mini-one like the free one given away.

I still haven't finished A Clank In Time. It's a brilliant game, and surprisingly difficult at times.

There was one section which took me many, many goes. I got into someone's base (can't remember names) and after the cutscene (and save point) the room was completely filled with many enemies.

@flameboy - not every feature, silly, just that aspect.

@Cube *Crack.

@Sheikah - I agree that game was awful, it served no purpose whatsoever. It shouldn't put you off the series though. Not that I can see myself buying another R&C unless they focus on good platforming instead of weapon-levelling, which as far as I'm concerned is pretty pointless. The original PS2 hit almost nailed everything.

*Crack.

Oh. Well, the name I thought it was is much better.

Another game announcement

Did move even sell four controllers?

Following what was hinted at E3 Playstation Plus for June is fucking nuts.

All free.

1. Infamous 2

2. Little Big Planet 2

3. Saints Row 2

4. Just Cause 2

5. Ratchet and Clank: All 4 One

6. Warhammer 40k Space Marine

7. Hard Corps Uprising

8. Zombie Apocalypse

9. Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light

10.Choplifter HD

11. Sideway New York

12. Virtua Fighter 5

We should know for sure later today.

Sounds like it will be an even better month than this:

7026303417_2bcbd3dc19.jpg

Edited by Cookyman

Yes, LBP2. You will be mine.

Hold on...how can Sony afford to give so much away?

Edited by Daft

Here's the Euro list according to Gaf.

PLUS FREEBIES

► inFamous 2

► MotorStorm Apocalypse

► LittleBigPlanet 2

► Darksiders

► Outland

► Oddworld: Stranger's Wrath

► Renegade Ops

► Warhammer 40,000: Space Marine

► Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown

► Chime Super Deluxe

If you haven't already, now is the perfect time to play Darksiders!

Unbelievable. I really need to replace my hard drive... (too scared).

Out of those I only have Darksiders. And I'm have way through a dungeon with no idea what on Earth I'm doing as I stopped playing for a while.

So I need to start again.

http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2012/06/05/heads-up-playstation-plus-update-6th-june-2012/

Those games are true.

However, they're also throwing out PS1 Classics and Minis (apart form any stand-out ones) from future PS+. Instead, they'll be replaced by full PS3 games. They're also focusing on getting a lot of Indie games which will be free for PS+ users the moment they go on the store.

Edit: It's three new PS3 games a month.

Good idea to change it up so now its just quality games all year round....really great for those titles you might have missed.

out of the list I've already played;

► inFamous 2

► Darksiders

► Outland

► Renegade Ops

Plus own these two;

► MotorStorm Apocalypse

► Warhammer 40,000: Space Marine

So actually I'm only getting...

► LittleBigPlanet 2

► Oddworld: Stranger's Wrath

► Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown