NEurope
McPhee

PlayStation 3 Console Discussion

That doesn't sound easy :) So you can't just plug in a portable hard drive and use that then?!

That doesn't sound easy :) So you can't just plug in a portable hard drive and use that then?!

I have a USB hard drive that I use for movies and such it works fine...

Perfect I'll just do that. Can it stream games and such too or more of a transferring tool?!

Perfect I'll just do that. Can it stream games and such too or more of a transferring tool?!

I don't think it lets your install games onto...because when you download from PSN it only gives you option when downloading video content.

I wont be geting PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale

I'm gonna cancel my preorder I was only getting because I thought you were. :weep:

Does anyone want a PSeye? Just gimme couple of quid to cover postage and it can go to a good home.

"Flameboy gave me PSeye" just sounds wrong.

LOL indeed it does....

Anyway was a little disappointed to see that we don't get a PS1 classic this month for Plus but the USA get Castlevania Symphony of the Night.

In other news in celebration of the announcement of offers on games that include the characters;

PS3 Content

God of War HD

Was €17.99/£13.99/AUS$27.95 – Now €13.99/£10.99/AUS$21.95

God of War II HD

God of War: Chains of Olympus

God of War: Ghost of Sparta

God of War Collection

Was €29.99/£23.99/AUS$49.95 – Now €22.99/£15.99/AUS$29.95

God of War Collection Volume II

Was €29.99/£23.99/AUS$49.95 – Now €22.99/£15.99/AUS$29.95

Kratos Pack (Modnation Racing)

Was €1.75/£1.49/AUS$2.95 – Now €0.89/£0.75/AUS$1.25

Kratos Costume – (LittleBigPlanet)

Was €1.99/£1.59/AUS$3.45 – Now €0.99/£0.79/AUS$ 1.75

Kratos – (Everybodys Golf)

Was €0.99/£0.79/AUS$1.75 – Now €0.49/£0.40/AUS$0.90

Killzone 3 Multiplayer

Was €0.00/£0.00/AUS$0.00 – Now €0.00/£0.00/AUS$0.00 (Yes that’s correct, it costs €0.00!)

The Sly Trilogy

Was €24.99/£19.99/AUS$39.95 – Now €12.99/£9.99/AUS$19.95

Sly Raccoon

Was €9.99/£7.99/AUS$15.95 – Now €4.99/£3.99/AUS$8.45

Sly 2: Band of Thieves

Sly 3: Honour Among Thieves

Sly Cooper Pack – (ModNation Racing)

Was €1.75/£1.49/AUS$2.95 – Now €0.89/£0.75/AUS$1.25

Fat Princess

Fat Princess: Supersize Anniversary Bundle

Was €14.99/£11.99/AUS$23.95 – Now €7.99/£6.49/AUS$12.95

Sweet Tooth Pack – (ModNation Racing)

Was € 1.75/£1.49/AUS$2.95 – Now €0.89/£0.75/AUS$1.25

PSP

Fat Princess: Fistful of Cake

Was €7.99/£6.49/AUS$12.95 – Now €3.99/£3.19/AUS$6.95

PSOne

Twisted Metal

Was €4.99/£3.99/AUS$8.45 – Now €2.99/£2.39/AUS$4.95

The biggest thing is that Killzone 3 Multiplayer is now completely free to download and play! Which is awesome..

As in free past the level limit?

Sounds like it...So yeah the actual price of the full version has been reduced from £15 to free. I'm gonna download it be nice to have multiplayer on the console and not have to put the disc in.

I will probably be getting the other two Sly games now.

When does PSN updates again?

I will probably be getting the other two Sly games now.

When does PSN updates again?

Wednesday afternoons. I'm not sure if I'm gonna pick up the other two, I did really enjoy them but just I'm not sure how much I need of that experience again so to speak.

Right, I'm probably not being too smart here, but can anyone help.

I've plugged in an external hard drive because I'm sick of not being able to download stuff (only have a 40G model ps3). As far as I can see I can put pictures, videos, music and save data on there and nothing else. Well out of that I only use save data and that is so small it's not worth it.

Is there no way to put PSN downloads on there? I don't mind not being able to play them from there, but having them there to move over when I want to play them is much better than deleting them and waiting 4 days for them to redownload.

I really don't know how I've used 40g either. How much of that is the operating system?

The whole external hd solution seems incredibly over complicated and not very useful. Wish I could just put in sd cards and stream PSN games from there whenever I wanted.

The reason you can't run game content from an external HDD is because that would be an obscenely weak link when it comes to piracy. To allow such functionality would mean the external drive would need to be specifically formatted to only work with that PS3, which would rather undermines the point of an external drive in the first place.

In your position you should be looking to upgrade your machine's internal HDD. You can use standard laptop HDDs and it's very easy to do; there's even a how-to in the manual. Drives aren't as cheap as they used to be — a consequence of Taiwanese floods, I believe — but you should be able to find a 320GB drive for close to £40, which is more space than you're ever likely to need.

If you're after a short-term fix, have a look through your Game Data folder and delete any installs for games you no longer play. Such files tend to weigh in at multiple GBs, so they're easy to spot.

Cheers mate. I've deleted all my game date, still not enough.

Rice you pay for plus' free games :) I guess changing the internal hard drive but that makes me very nervous.

Cheers mate. I've deleted all my game date, still not enough.

Rice you pay for plus' free games :) I guess changing the internal hard drive but that makes me very nervous.

Honestly i was nervous about doing it but it was an absolute doddle.

Honestly i was nervous about doing it but it was an absolute doddle.

If I've never done anything like it before it's easy?! And any laptop HD will be fine?! How do I swap the current stuff on there to the new hard drive?

If I've never done anything like it before it's easy?! And any laptop HD will be fine?! How do I swap the current stuff on there to the new hard drive?

I have never done any sort of hardware stuff before and did it fine (putting an expansion pack into an N64 doesn't count right?) There are tons of great guides online both written and videos.

You can backup to your USB hard drive to get current stuff. Although despite what people tell you, you will find a lot of purchased PSN games don't transfer over and instead need redownloading other than Burnout Paradise I had not issues with save files not working. Video content and settings all transfer over just fine, it takes a few hours each way to do but its fine.

In about 5 weeks after my exams I'll be looking to get a new game to get stuck into. Decided it will probably be GTA4 as I wanted to try something different. I'm on the lookout for a new copy of the complete edition for under £20 but it seems hard to come by as stock seems very low. I rather not buy it the game and DLC on seperate discs as I'd prefer to have it on 1 disc :) (Unless the DLC isn't worth buying?) So if anyone has seen the complete edition for around £20 online or in store I'd be grateful for the info! I've seen a USA copy on Planetaxel for just over £20 but I'd like to have an EU copy and buy from a retailer I've heard of. Cheers for any help!