NEurope
McPhee

PlayStation 3 Console Discussion

That. Sounds. Awesome.

Like Banjo-Tooie all over again.

Might give InFamous another try after hearing all the good stuff about it on here recently. I didn't get very far into the game before feeling really bored and gave up (the bit where the main guy is jumping on the frames underneath a bridge I think).

I have a 250GB and it's fine....like you filled my 40GB in no time though. I don't have the other media issues either use a big usb drive for that.

I went with the 750g one. £59. Bargain! Now let's destroy my PS3 trying to install it :) Looking forward to being able to download all my games and game data etc without having to reshuffle. Whack all my vat stuff onto for the fuck of it.

I'm pretty sure you lose access to a fair few abilities — thanks to a story conceit — but the important thing is that you retain your grind and hover moves so it doesn't feel like you've been wing-clipped.

Once you're done with both inFamous games I'd very much recommend the standalone Festival of Blood. Naturally you might want a bit of a break from the series beforehand, but it's a cool spin-off and well worth the asking price.

(the bit where the main guy is jumping on the frames underneath a bridge I think).

That's the tutorial.

Once you're done with both inFamous games I'd very much recommend the standalone Festival of Blood. Naturally you might want a bit of a break from the series beforehand, but it's a cool spin-off and well worth the asking price.

It does sound fair, after getting both games for free, to buy something from them.

Just finished InFamous, loved it (except for the balloon mission, hated that one). Getting around was fun, the side missions were (mostly) good., the story got pretty interesting by the end.

With regards to the ending, when it first game out did it annoy people? Also, I noticed you never go to kill the old man (the one with the massive tower, and the one you fight on the bridge).

Still the "wait for the sequel" kind of ending isn't a problem for me as I can go straight into the sequel.

Finished inFamous 2 a few days ago. Very good. Currently playing it a second time on hard to clean up the rest of the trophies. Then I will give Darksiders a second try. Got it when I bought the PS3 as a part of the deal to get the PS3 cheaper, but I returned it after a day or two(the game). I doubt I will be playing much more this time around, but who knows, I quit the first inFamous after half an hour something but ended up enjoying the sequel which can't be that much different.

With regards to the ending, when it first game out did it annoy people?

I loved the end and the build up to it. It was such a twist, it completely blew my mind.

Glad to see you enjoyed it. The second is better than the first in terms of gameplay, but I did enjoy the story in the first game a lot more than the second.

Started the second, graphics are much nicer and I like the new city so far (it's a bit of a shame you don't see your work in Empire City pay off). Gameplay also feels much smoother.

Just got to the point where you can start selecting side missions and stuff. There are, like, infinite missions.

One thing I love about Infamous 2 is that the new areas you open up are really varied. Just a brilliant game. I wish Sony had promoted it as heavily as Uncharted.

Started the second, graphics are much nicer and I like the new city so far (it's a bit of a shame you don't see your work in Empire City pay off). Gameplay also feels much smoother.

Just got to the point where you can start selecting side missions and stuff. There are, like, infinite missions.

I highly recommend you pick up Festival of Blood after you finish the second game. It's a great little addition to the InFamous universe.

Joining in with all the inFamous love, I just picked up the first game for £7 new & sealed which I assume is a good deal (?) being that I'm not a PS+ subscriber and don't intend to be anytime soon... :)

I look forward to playing it anyway and will make an effort to find the second game new for a reasonable price too. : peace:

@Cube , @Daft is there any PSN code that comes with the second game when it's new that I should be aware of or can I go ahead and buy a used copy without too much worry that I'm missing out on anything? It's a single-player games anyway isn't it...

No code, but you might as well subscribe to Plus for 3 months and get like ten games for £12.

@Cube , @Daft is there any PSN code that comes with the second game when it's new that I should be aware of or can I go ahead and buy a used copy without too much worry that I'm missing out on anything? It's a single-player games anyway isn't it...

If I remember correctly, there is no online pass for this game.

I got the first game from when PSN went down, and the second with PlayStation Plus.

I think it came out before Sony started doing Online Codes. It's single-player but it does have user generated missions which can appear on your map.

Joining in with all the inFamous love, I just picked up the first game for £7 new & sealed which I assume is a good deal (?) being that I'm not a PS+ subscriber and don't intend to be anytime soon... :)
Where'd you get it so cheap?

Where'd you get it so cheap?

Local car boot just outside the market, couldn't really pass it up at that price :D I also found inFamous 2 at a stall inside the market but it was £18 which isn't bad but I felt that I could get the sequel cheaper as well... which I did as I picked up a copy of it for around £12 on eBay last night. :)

Ah ok. I'm thinking of maybe getting the games. Zavvi currently have them in 2 for £25 which is probably the best price I'll find for them online then.

This weeks PSN goodness.

This week's European PlayStation Store update is jam-packed with classic PlayStation 3 games, alongside a sprinkling of tarted-up HD classics to boot.

BioShock (£11.99), Ridge Racer 7: 3D License Version (£14.99) plus Uncharted: Drake's Fortune and Among Thieves (£14.99 each) all arrive to download.

New to PlayStation 3 is the previously Wii-exclusive Resident Evil: Chronicles HD Collection (£16.99, or £11.99 each for Umbrella Chronicles and Darkside Chronicles). These co-operative on-rails shooters retell the story of the early Resident Evil games, with slices of new story added in for good measure.

The remastered Ratchet & Clank Trilogy also arrives (£23.99, or for each £11.99 each).

Fresh morsels include new shooter Spec Ops: The Line (£39.99, out this Friday), plus Pixar tie-in Brave (£39.99), plus Disney Universe (£19.99) and London 2012: The Game (£35.99, with no Mario and Sonic).

On PlayStation Vita there's the Metal Gear Solid HD Collection (£19.99, released this Friday), which contains Sons of Liberty and Snake Eater. Ridge Racer Ultimate Edition (including the Gold and Silver passes) also turns up for £19.99, while a new YouTube app launches for free.

PlayStation 2 titles Castle Shikigami 2, GrooveRider Slot Car Racing and 1945 1 & 2 - The Arcade Games also become available for download.

It's nice to see digital releases, such as Ratchet and Clank and Metal Gear, being a lot cheaper than the retail versions.

So no Metal Gear Solid HD collection for ps3? Cos really, out of that lot, that's all I would want/need. Bioshock and Uncharted have already been played :( Still good deals I suppose.

Journey Collection not Coming to Europe

http://uk.ign.com/articles/2012/06/26/journey-collection-not-coming-to-europe

I know this won't affect the majority of the PS contingent here but having played neither flOw, Flower or Journey it'd be accurate to say I'm thoroughly irritated by this. The extra content is something I'm intrigued by as talented developers often give great insights into their projects, Insomniac and Valve especially so. If anyone's played through the Half Life games with the developer speech bubble commentaries turned on I'm sure you'll agree, so to potentially miss out on what That Game Company have to say on a game as amazing as Journey is very disappointing. Importing will be dear.

It's dissapointing if like you say you did want the special content.

Otherwise however, it's not that big a deal, because when I read this the other day I looked up all 3 games on PSN and you can buy all 3 for around £20 anyway, as it's currently something like £9.99 Journey, £7.99 Flower, £3.99 Flow.

Plus tbh watching all three trailers, Flow didn't look that great to me anyway.

It's dissapointing if like you say you did want the special content.

Otherwise however, it's not that big a deal, because when I read this the other day I looked up all 3 games on PSN and you can buy all 3 for around £20 anyway, as it's currently something like £9.99 Journey, £7.99 Flower, £3.99 Flow.

Plus tbh watching all three trailers, Flow didn't look that great to me anyway.

Flow was interesting at the time but when compared to Flower and Journey it really doesn't stand up as an experience.

What's Flower like?

Is it diverse enough? How long does it last? Or is it a bit samey? etc...