Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

The N-Europe Forum Awards 2007

Dyson

• Replies 209
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Blame me, I seem to be utter shite at finishing what I start, story of my fucking life

Maybe you should finish that too!

I don't mean that, but it was irresistable in my mind. Out of curiosity, is there going to be any awards this year, or wil this be a biannual kinda thing given the time it takes to get done? Any reports on the current progress?

Next time, if I end up doing it again (which is unlikely, I don't think many people here would take them seriously) it wouldn't be a one man show from the start. On top of that there would also need to be a reduced amount of categories, or perhaps an easier system of counting the numbers, as this is where it fell to pieces in the results section.

Quit moaning, it's been done in the past by a single person and a lot quicker. :heh:

Seriously, it probably is a two person job at the max, but it's more tedious counting up all the votes than anything. It can be done in a single day if you set time aside. I think I've done it before, and then Cube last year.

And why was it never considered to set up one of those off-site poll things that do the counting for us. There may have been variations with spellings, underscores and stuff but would have cut the workload.

• 2 weeks later...
Tellyn was working on vote countery too, yes? Because I counted the votes myself and sent the results to him...

Only took me two days, y'know...

You've done the whole thing?

ps. I know I know Im lame, but Ive been working on it slowly, in between full time job and my life...

Whole thing's done, yeah. I didn't count votes when they stated two or more members (eg: "Most Helpful Member: Member A... or Member B!"), but aside from that, I've counted the lot of 'em (I guess I have too much free time :P). I could send you the results too over MSN / PM if you want.

The best thing to do if you do it again is to have a template, so everyone who votes has to put "Best poster - blah blah". That way you can just CTRL F on each page and find each vote for that category quickly. Write them down, and repeat for each. People who don't write their vote properly wont have their vote couted, it's as simple as that :p

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!