N-Europe

Michael McIntyre

ReZourceman

Michael McIntyre is awesome. Was gonna go see him, but my friends refused because I am bleeding them dry with all the gigs I want to go to. I was the only one who managed to get a job at 16 (before the recession really started hitting) so my frequent requests lead to this one being left out. Annoyed is me!

Tonight was a disappointment really, didn't laugh at anything tbh. He needed to be on more and get some better gags. Oh well, flicked on C4 and there was Bill Bailey being awesome. I have to see one of his shows, he is simply God. Great musician and can be hilarious.

And why not bump Dante? It was hardly worth a new thread and had hardly any comments so I hope you got over reading a few old posts again.

I should find him intensely annoying, but instead I love him. His voice is amazing and he's so damned excitable! I would have much preferred tonight's show if it was just him; the Canadian guy was just dreadful, the Scottish guy dragged out one joke for 15 mins, the English guy was a seemingly nervous nutter and I've heard alot better from Rhod Gilbert.

Edit: Canadian not American.

Edited by Molly

It was a bit of a poor show, with Mcintyre being on for such a short time. He seemed to have less air time than when Jack Dee presented Live at the Apollo each time. Hopefully we'll see some better performances next time. :)

He can be fairly amusing but he's far too.. "nice" in my opinion

The greatest comedian currently alive today is Doug Stanhope by far, and I'm pretty much jerking off at the fact I found out he's coming to London in September

Need more of this man. As I said, I must go and watch him. Watched one of his epic masterpieces earlier that he played with some asian folk and I was astounded. Anyway just a quick look on Youtube:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4tH2PkXLxGs

Bill Bailey. :bowdown:

Part Troll is Pro. :grin: His latest one Tinsle Worm was disappointing for me though.

Back to this evening and the first scottish guy was just poor. Made Michael McIntyre look funny. :p The canadian was easily the best of the night as he garnished the single laugh from me...

"I had a visit from the godfairy once, she gave me two options to have a Long Memory or a Long penis? I can't remember which one I chose..."

Then nervous man was okay but he lacked the comic punch that was severely needed. The last guy was just angrily ranting on stage for the last 10 minutes. :)

I thought the Canadian had some decent lines it's just he didn't always deliver them well or seem enthusiastic about it.

The ending act just repeated a gag he has done many a time which makes him think he's better than he is really. He admitted it but I didn't find it funny partly because I didn't like it the first time and partly because he comes across as a nob. I find scottish comedians a tad annoying because it's like their accents are part of the act when I find them a hindrance to the performance.

And Bears, I think Bailey is good all the time, Part Troll is great but Tinsle Worm was good in it's own way.

It's basically the new Jack Dee Live at the Apollo.

From seeing the title and a picture in the TVTimes I was able to draw the same conclusion.

There are many things that piss me off about McIntyre:

His smile

His teeth

His eyes [it's like he was trying to insult the Chinese and his face thought 'fuck it' and stuck out of spite]

His hair

His voice

Yet I feel ashamed to have laughed at some of his comments on Mock The Week.

Not enough to go out and buy his material though.

How can you mock his voice from the picture?

But really, his standup is very good and there's no reason to be ashamed of him. Yesterday he just wasn't that good.

Nonononono, I saw Mock The Week before I saw that image... which was yesterday I think, maybe Friday.

He is an Asian looking unfunny bastard who is only popular because the public hit upon him at the right time. Go watch some decent stand up, both Stewart Lee and Richard Herring have new tours coming up. They are miles beyond this fucker interms of both structure and content.

Michael McIntyre is just the new Peter Kay and hopefully he will be forgotten about within the next couple of years.

He is an Asian looking unfunny bastard who is only popular because the public hit upon him at the right time. Go watch some decent stand up, both Stewart Lee and Richard Herring have new tours coming up. They are miles beyond this fucker interms of both structure and content.

Michael McIntyre is just the new Peter Kay and hopefully he will be forgotten about within the next couple of years.

Mock The Week is sadly a showcase for all these "new" people.

He makes a joke about himself looking chinese in his DVD, either way it's not really a reason to dislike him...

I would be up for going to see Stewart Lee, I used to love Fist of Fun & his comedy vehicle was good. Not really sure about Richard Herring seeing as I haven't seen anything from him on his own, he was on buzzcocks a while back.

He is an Asian looking unfunny bastard who is only popular because the public hit upon him at the right time.

He's Asian looking? What's that got to do with anything? How completely irrelevant. You seem to be stating these facts like comedy isn't subjective.

Saw him last year - one of the best stand up performers I've seen live, and his improvised suff was fantastic. Got my ticket signed by him after the show aswell.

Love his over-taking a tractor routine on the DVD - it always has me in stitches as it's exactly what I'm like and think while driving behind a tractor.

Hope his new show has loads of new material, I don't want him to turn into Peter Kay :(

I don't think he'll turn into Peter Kay.....they have one major difference already, as Michael McIntryre is actually funny.

Seriously, I know comparisons can be drawn between them as they both do comedy off "real life" situations, but his funny head nodding/mannerisms are miles beyond just saying "Garlic bread"

Anyways, last night he was meh, but Rhod (or whatever) is always hilarious.