NEurope
Daft

Xbox Live Arcade/PSN Thread

Fez finally gets a release date!

Had some glowing reviews as well. This will be downloaded tomorrow for sure! :D

Trails Evolution next week! Anybody getting it up for some multiplayer?

Still play Trails HD now, 3 years after released. The only game to ever hold my interest for so long.

I ordered a new Xbox and 4200 points from the Microsoft Store last weekend so I'd be all set for Fez, Trials and The Witcher 2. It hasn't even shipped yet. hmm.gif

Speaking of Trials, here's a video of the improved stage creator:

Looks like a proper LBP-to-LBP2 style jump.

I may actually have to buy and download Fez on my Dad's xbox and play it at some point...although no idea when I will actually be there to play it enough...but I've followed it for this long and I need it seem as it's not coming to 360 anytime soon.

It's coming to 360 today.

But I know what you meant ;)

Looking forward to this one when I get home! Great thing to spend my last chunk of points on.

Edit: Except that minecraft is out next month. Fffuuuu...

2nd Edit: I gave in and bought FEZ. I'm going to try and get the 300 Reward Points from Xbox Rewards in April which will give me enough for Minecraft :p

Edited by Shorty

If you've bought FEZ, you're 1/3 of the way there already :)

I thought all you have to do is spend 800 MS points on games, so surely if you buy Fez then you will automatically be eligible to receive the 300 points?

Or do you have to partake in all three categories... if so then yes I see your point, hmm may have to try for the 300 I reckon.

You don't have to do all three, just one of the experiences. So if you buy Fez, you will have spent more than 800 points and therefore qualify for the promotion.

You have to meet one of the requirements for each category, though: Gaming, Entertainment and Social. So buying Fez will tick off the first one, but you'll still need to grind out video and YouTube time.

If you only needed to satisfy one category for the 300 points then it would be hard not to earn them, given one eligible criteria is playing online multiplayer for 10 hours across the entire month.

Well I know I'll be buying Trials Evolution so that's the 800+ points sorted, probably easily manage the 1 hour in kinect video chat so all I'll need to do is watch a load of YouTube vids every day or just use iPlayer a lot more.

Obligatory "Fez is amazing!" post. It is impossible not to smile when playing this game.

Anyone catch the early Zelda references?

Define using iPlayer?. Does that mean just leaving it on, or do you have to watch 10+ hours of content.

EDIT: Nevermind. Got the wrong end of the stick.

Edited by MATtheHAT

Define using iPlayer?. Does that mean just leaving it on, or do you have to watch 10+ hours of content.

You'll probably have to be streaming actual video content.

I've got a few 20+ minute Youtube videos I want to watch so that'll be Social out of the way in no time, and I've probably covered Entertainment with Netflix already :D

Obligatory "Fez is amazing!" post. It is impossible not to smile when playing this game.

Anyone catch the early Zelda references?

I noticed the "Hey! Listen!" dialogue and the way the chests open. What else were there?

You may want to take a closer look at the painting in Gomez's room.

Loving Fez!! It's just got that awesome old school feel in both presentation and design. I felt I was breezing through until I saw the scope and came across my first real challenge*. I have no idea how the treasure maps work but i'm hoping they'll make more sense as I go on. In short, frigging ace! So theraputic.

My first anti-cube. Not sure what purpose they serve yet but the puzzle I did was arranging 4 blocks into a different shape for each view. Very difficult, makes you think in 3D.

My first anti-cube. Not sure what purpose they serve yet but the puzzle I did was arranging 4 blocks into a different shape for each view. Very difficult, makes you think in 3D.

As far as I know, anti-cubes are just cubes that are harder to find. I don't think they serve any other purpose other than counting towards the total you need to finish the game.

Good luck on finding all of them without any help. I gave up once I realized how hard some of them are to find. :p

If you're planning on going for all of the anti-cubes, keep in mind that new game+ lets you keep everything you had when you finished the game, as well as giving you something that I think may be necessary to solve some of the puzzles.

I got my first anti-cube before my first full cube.

Achievement

The rotating effect looks lovely, although it's already fairly disorientating (in a good way).

Edited by Cube

If you're planning on going for all of the anti-cubes, keep in mind that new game+ lets you keep everything you had when you finished the game, as well as giving you something that I think may be necessary to solve some of the puzzles.

Are we talking

First person view? I'm sure I didn't have that at first, but maybe I just didn't notice!

Yeah, that's exclusive to new game+. Probably a good thing, too, since it's pretty disorienting. :heh:

@Dan Dare, any chance of a thread rip for Fez from here?

There's so much stuff to talk about in this game, it should have its own thread, and when more people discover how awesome it is, this one could get hijacked :heh:

Or shall I just create a new thread?