NEurope
Daft

Xbox Live Arcade/PSN Thread

Fez is frustratingly awesome. Just completed it today, as in I got every cube and anti-cube and I loved it. It gave me a headache sometimes and a specific level was a pain

This level was a pain because I had to go in and out of the game in order to adjust time correctly so the four anti-cubes came into view. Took really many tries especially with the grey one but finally got it

Apart from this level though, everything was ace. It's also fantastisk that there is still something hidden in the game that noone has figured out yet, at least according to the internet.

I'm talking about the third piece of the heart cube and also the monolith in the burnt map room - many believe those are connected.

Needless to say, I loved the game even though I couldn't figure out everything on my own.

Am I the only one not that astounded by FEZ? It's a very charming title, visually and audibly. It has a wonderful unique feature but I don't think that it carries it all the way. Ultimately it's very simplistic and a little bit repetitive.

Don't get me wrong, I'm enjoying it, I'm just not blown away the same way everyone else seems to be.

So how many points is Fez and what's the cheapest way to acquire said amount of points? Going to borrow a 360 to play it...

Super Hang-on, Alex Kidd in Miracle World and Revenge of Shinobi in a game called "Alex Kidd & Co.".

Odd mix.

Super Hang-on, Alex Kidd in Miracle World and Revenge of Shinobi in a game called "Alex Kidd & Co.".

Odd mix.

Indeed!

I just want to play Revenge of Shinobi!!

Apart from When Pigs Fly, I think I could get all those Minecraft achievements in about 10 minutes :heh:

Apart from When Pigs Fly, I think I could get all those Minecraft achievements in about 10 minutes :heh:

Yeah, a lot of people on Neogaf were complaining about how quick and easy the achievements. They seem fine to me. :D

Anybody playing Trails Evo? It's astonishingly good. Game of the year for me, and an absolute steal at 1200msp for the amount of content.

Add me for leaderboard chasing fun and frustration - ShotoMat

Anybody playing Trails Evo? It's astonishingly good. Game of the year for me, and an absolute steal at 1200msp for the amount of content.

Add me for leaderboard chasing fun and frustration - ShotoMat

Playing it right now, Trials Evolution is a fantastic title which really pushes the boundaries for what an arcade title can offer, it's no wonder that it got released as the first 'Arcade Next' title along with a 400 Gamerscore... there's literally loads to do in the single player alone without even touching the multiplayer or the extremely comprehensive stage editor which not only allows you to create new tracks but also self-contained games. :o

I'm currently stuck on the deviously designed Limbo-style level but I'm still loving it. :D

I figure a fair number of people won't know about this as it's a relatively new thing, but Microsoft have a blog called PlayXBLA that likes to run weekend Achievement challenges.

Most of you will probably already qualify for the current one as Limbo and Shadow Complex are two of the featured games, so follow the link, send an e-mail to the listed address and next week they'll send you two XBLA codes. Who can say which two games you'll get, but if you don't want/need them you could always trade them with someone else or give them to a friend.

Ahh, I never did get to level 50 on Shadow Complex and I actually only have 1/4 of those Limbo achievements.

Edited by Shorty

I've just read that Minecraft will be beta 1.6.6 :/ how you can release that as a full game on a console is beyond me. I mean, there's a whole heap of stuff to do, but no ending, no real progress. And so many improvements have been made since then, including the Adventure update.

Also it's going to be 1600 points? For an incomplete game?

I might not bother after all :/

I figure a fair number of people won't know about this as it's a relatively new thing, but Microsoft have a blog called PlayXBLA that likes to run weekend Achievement challenges.

Most of you will probably already qualify for the current one as Limbo and Shadow Complex are two of the featured games, so follow the link, send an e-mail to the listed address and next week they'll send you two XBLA codes. Who can say which two games you'll get, but if you don't want/need them you could always trade them with someone else or give them to a friend.

Interesting. Thanks for that. However, I shall not participate in this weekend's challenge as I can't bother trying to complete Limbo with only five deaths or less! And certainly not only for 10G.

You don't have to do that, you only need 6 of the available 12 achievements. I got 2 of the Limbo achievements I needed in 5 minutes last night...

Interesting. Thanks for that. However, I shall not participate in this weekend's challenge as I can't bother trying to complete Limbo with only five deaths or less! And certainly not only for 10G.

You only need any 6 of the listed Achievements across all three games.

If you don't have them already the other Limbo ones are easy using chapter select and a guide, and if you've finished Shadow Complex you should have three for that game, too.

You only need any 6 of the listed Achievements across all three games.

If you don't have them already the other Limbo ones are easy using chapter select and a guide, and if you've finished Shadow Complex you should have three for that game, too.

Ah. Didn't know that. I got every other Limbo-achievement but I haven't got the other two games. But will definitely watch the blog / site each week from now on.

I bought & completed Walking Dead Episode 1 last night.

Enjoyed it despite the shortness. Had moments that made me jump, and I'm genuinely concerned for the safety of Clementine.

How frequently are the episodes being released? Fortnightly?

I tried the demo for BloodForge. Not keen on that at all. I do like hack and slash games, but that was just cack.

I've got some points left, and there are number of arcade 'classics' that I never played, so tempting to pick up a few older games. (Braid, Limbo, Bastion, Costume Quest)

I've played the demo for Costume Quest & Bastion and really did enjoy them, not tried Limbo or Braid yet though, any recommendations?

given the 2 i've tried so far I'm liking Costume Quest, but not taking anything away from Bastion, that was fun too.

How frequently are the episodes being released? Fortnightly?

It's usually just over a month, and two months for the final one.

I received codes for Fruit Ninja Kinect (don't have Kinect) and Toy Soldiers DLC (don't have Toy Soldiers) :3

Yeah, typical they choose this week to hand out duff codes, eh? I got the Toy Soldiers DLC — if anyone wants the Evil Empire Pack, just ask — and a Beta key for Hybrid which is apparently US-only.

Anyone else picking up Fable Heroes today? I'm quite looking forward to it, despite the average reviews it's been getting.