NEurope
Daft

Xbox Live Arcade/PSN Thread

Hope it includes selectable soundtrack. Will buy when it's released regardless.

I'll probably end up getting it. Even if it is one of the lesser Sonic games.

Same... plus if it's like the other games in the Sega Classics range then at least we'll be able to take advantage of the save-state feature which would make completing the game properly - getting all timestones/good futures - considerably simpler.

I'll probably end up getting it. Even if it is one of the lesser Sonic games.

To be fair, aren't most games some of the lesser Sonic games? :heh:

I shall be getting it! I loved Sonic CD back in the day... although from memory i prefer Sonic 2/3/Knuckles.

Street Fighter III : Third Strike - Online Edition is now available to download on Xbox Live! :D

I've got it and am about to give it a go. :)

Some advance warning though, title screen music is kinda cringeworthy... :p

Oh god, I don't have my XBOX with me. Can't wait to get my hands on SF3. Many people on here planning on getting it? Would love to get some sort of tournament going. Gotta warn you though, I'm far too good at it =p.

Japanese soundtrack confirmed for Sonic CD!:

SEGA® of America, Inc. and SEGA® Europe Ltd. today announced that Sonic CD™ will debut on mobile phones and consoles everywhere. The game was originally released for the SEGA CD™ system in 1993, and included the first appearance of fan favorite characters Metal Sonic and Amy Rose. Sonic CD is coming to digital platforms with music from the original Japanese soundtrack. The beloved prequel to Sonic The Hedgehog 4™ Episode I is coming to Xbox LIVE® Arcade for the Xbox 360® video game and entertainment system from Microsoft, PlayStation®Network, iPhone® and iPod® touch, iPad™, Windows PC Digital Download, Android and Windows Phone and will be available for download in late 2011.

“Ask any Sonic fan to name their favorite games, and Sonic CD always ranks near the top of their lists,” said Haruki Satomi, Vice President of Digital Business at SEGA of America. “Sonic CD marks an important chapter in Sonic’s history, bridging the gap between his oldest adventures and his new digital exploits like Sonic The Hedgehog 4 Episode I. We’ve made sure the re-mastered edition has everything that Sonic fans want to see with all of the original colorful classic zones.”

Following the classic story of the original, Sonic CD sees Dr Eggman plan to cause chaos and take control of the future by stealing Time Stones from the Little Planet. Sonic must speed through levels and travel through time while fending off Eggman’s robots to recover the Time Stones, and save Amy Rose from his mechanical twin, Metal Sonic! This fast-paced game will return with brand new features including enhanced widescreen graphics, special iOS features, Xbox LIVE Achievements, PSN Trophies, PC Achievements and more.

The re-release of Sonic CD will be making its public debut at the Microsoft booth at PAX Prime in Seattle, August 26–28, 2011. For more information on Sonic CD, please visit http://www.sega.com/

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQ-p4jdauJwvkp-bNLFEw1X6UcSSJRgWumMemJsBEcErymvaHU-HQ

Radiant Silvergun is now available on XBLA for only 1200 msp which is fantastic considering that this is the first time the game has been released outside of Japan and to buy an original physical copy it would set you back around £100.

This new version includes both Arcade & Saturn modes, HD graphics, two-player Co-op over Live + Local, Leaderboards plus a hidden Ikaruga playstyle.

radiant_silvergun_xbla_01_thumb.jpg

I'm downloading this right now and I would advise anyone who happens to be fanatical about scrolling shooters to do the same as this is highly regarded as being one of the very best. :D

Random fact!

I thought I would try my luck and tweeted SEGA yesterday to ask them for a release date for Sonic CD to XBLA...

To my complete shock they replied.... although there reply was boring: "no final date has been announced" :hmm:

Edited by Mike1988uk

Sonic CD, one Sonic game i missed out on. Will be purchasing it, no doubt about that.

No one bought the Burnout Crash game? it's a whole lot of fun and guaranteed to put a smile on your face!!

So, I bought DeathSpank the other day and having played it for a couple of hours without unlocking any achievements, I wondered a bit. It seems that my game is glitched so it won't unlock any achievements at all. When I started the game, the Saving-icon wouldn't go away and when I exited the game, my Xbox froze. Have any of you heard of this before, or does anyone know what to do?

Edit: It seems to work again if I start a new game but only in the new game. But I have already spent some hours on the game so I don't want to do that for so little.

Edited by MindFreak

Everyone know about the XBLA Sale going on at the moment then? I couldnt see it advertised on the Dashboard earlier when I looked but heres the list of games:

Serious Sam HD: The First Encounter – 400 (1200)

Outland – 400 (800)

Yar’s Revenge – 400 (800)

Islands of Wakfu – 400 (800)

Trouble Witches Neo – 400 (800)

Bionic Commando: Rearmed – 400 (800)

Bionic Commando: Rearmed 2 – 600 (1200)

Trials HD – 600 (1200)

Shank – 600 (1200)

Monday Night Combat – 600 (1200)

Moon Diver - 600 (1200)

Section 8 Prejudice – 800 (1200)

Might & Magic Clash of Heroes – 800 (1200)

Ghostbusters: Sanctum of Slime – 400 (800)

Dungeons & Dragons Daggerdale – 800 (1200)

Blade Kitten – 400 (800)

The Maw – 400 (800

Star Raiders – 400 (800)

ilomilo – 400 (800 Gold Only)

Im tempted to get Outland and Shank.

Yeah ive got the demo of it on my PS3 and enjoyed it, always planned to get the full game but im glad I waited now!

Outland is like a platforming version of Ikaruga, but does it get more interesting than the demo? Worlds seemed fairly sparse and you only had one basic attack. Is it style over substance?

Presumably the sale is on until Sunday? If so then I'll grab a few of those titles later because at those prices it'd be rude not to. :)

The Maw, Trials HD and IloMilo for me I think. :D

Don't bother with The Maw, either. It's really boring.

(I was actually interested in ilomilo, but I guess the lack of a Gold account saved me from making a bad purchase, assuming Jay can be trusted.)

Brilliantly... boring? :p

Well, I didn't like it, anyway. Your mileage may vary.

The Maw is brilliant.

Brilliantly... boring? :p

Well, I didn't like it, anyway. Your mileage may vary.

Don't bother with ilomilo. It's really not that good/hard/cute/quirky.

Well... tbh I was on the fence regarding IloMilo so I probably won't get that but The Maw is a game that I have only heard good things about, I happen to really enjoy all the other games by its developer Twisted Pixel who are responsible for Splosion Man, Comic Jumper, Ms Splosion Man and most recently The Gunstringer.

I've been a fan of their work since Splosion Man but only after playing that was I aware that they created The Maw and so I had always promised myself that if the game were ever to get reduced in price again that I'd purchase it, which I have now done as I picked up a 2100 points card today along with The Gunstringer. :)

As for Trials HD... a similar kind of story as I've been aware of its reputation for some time but I'd never downloaded it, recently though the developer RedLynx were kind enough to gift me a copy of MotoHeroz on WiiWare - in exchange for a review, coming soon - which is a similar kind of game only involving dirt buggies instead of bikes so I'm only now seeing what I've been missing out on so I'll get it now while its cheap and if I get addicted to it - very likely from what I hear - I may ask RedLynx nicely about the possibility of getting a code for Trials Evolution when it comes out in exchange for some good PR but we shall see... going to get my MotoHeroz review finished soon in any case if I can tear nyself away from the online challenges for long enough. :p

Edited by S.C.G

I haven't played any of Twisted Pixel's other games because I found The Maw so mediocre. Reading reviews doesn't help, since everyone seemed to love The Maw too, and that wasn't very good. :sad:

Agreed with Ilomilo - it was great for a bit as a cute sofa co-op, but man it gets boring/repetitive.