NEurope
Daft

Xbox Live Arcade/PSN Thread

A free XBLA game that actually looks decent...

...what's the catch? :blank:

I bet it'll have 'optional' paid-for extras at least. :wink: still... free is free.

A free XBLA game that actually looks decent...

...what's the catch? :blank:

I bet it'll have 'optional' paid-for extras at least. :wink: still... free is free.

Yeah, I think that is the catch. Still, like you said, it's free. :D

A few cheeky games on sale this week.

DOTW

Alan Wake's American Nightmare - 600msp (was 1200)

Babel Rising - 400msp (was 800)

Limbo - 600msp (was 1200)

Mad Riders - 400msp (was 800)

Rayman 3 HD - 400msp (was 800)

Sine Mora - 800msp (was 1200)

-----

Back to School Sale

3D Ultra Minigolf - 200msp (was 400)

Assault Heroes 1 - 200msp (was 400)

Assault Heroes 2 - 200msp (was 400)

Bloodforge - 600msp (was 1200)

Carcassonne - msp (was 800) **price hasn't dropped yet**

Geometry Wars: Retro Evolved 2 - 400msp (was 800)

Joe Danger S.E. - 600msp (was 1200)

--Showtime Content Pack - 120msp (was 240)

Mortal Kombat Arcade Kollection - 400msp (was 800)

Pinball FX 2 Core pack - 400msp (was 800)

--Marvel: Vengeance and Virtue - 400msp (was 800)

Raskulls - msp (was 800) **price hasn't dropped yet**

Rocket Riot - 200msp (was 800)

Rock of Age - 400msp (was 800)

Sam and Max: Beyond Time and Space - 800msp (was 1600)

Sam and Max: Save the World - 800msp (was 1600)

Stacking - 300msp (was 1200)

Sonic 4: Episode 1 - 400msp (was 800)

Sonic 4: Episode 2 - 600msp (was 1200)

The Simpsons Arcade Game - 400msp (was 800)

Warp - 400msp (was 800)

Fifa 12

--Euro 2012 - msp (was 900) **price hasn't dropped yet**

Forza 4

--Porsche Expansion pack - 800msp (was 1600)

Guitar Hero (multiple)

--Metallica: Death Magnetic - 720msp (was 1440)

Metro 2033

--Ranger Pack - 120msp (was 240)

Tiger Woods PGA Golf 13

--11 Course Pack - 1600msp (was 3200)

Transformers: WFC

--Map and Character pack 1 - msp (was 400) **price hasn't dropped yet**

--Map and Character pack 2 - msp (was 400) **price hasn't dropped yet**

Some tat as well.

-----

DJ Hero 2

--Pendulum Mix Pack - 320msp (was 640)

Guitar Hero's

--30 Seconds to Mars Track Pack - 220msp (was 440)

--Modern Metal Track Pack - 250msp (was 500)

--Queen track Pack - 220msp (was 440)

Just Dance 3

--Spring Break Pack - 320msp (was 640)

L.A. Noire

--Rockstar Pass - 400msp (was 960)

I'm tempted with Alan Wake. I really enjoyed the retail game but how does the XBLA game compare?

Hmmmmm Sonic 4 Episode 2. I did say I wasn't going to bother, but at half price........

A few cheeky games on sale this week.

I'm tempted with Alan Wake. I really enjoyed the retail game but how does the XBLA game compare?

It's not quite as enjoyable as the retail game was. Essentially, it's the Wake version of Groundhog Day where you revisit the same 3 locations over again with little variations each time. It's still worth a look, especially as it's half price, but don't go in expecting the same level of quality.

There's also a score attack/horde variant mode where you have to survive against the Taken using whatever you can find in the level from dusk till dawn which is interesting but doesn't add a huge amount of longevity unless you want to go after high scores.

-----------------------

Anyway, very tempted by Stacking at 300msp. And Limbo at 600msp. Really should have played those by now.

Anyway, very tempted by Stacking at 300msp. And Limbo at 600msp. Really should have played those by now.

Stacking is a top quality game. I highly recommend it.

Just bought 3000 MS points so this is a tasty sale. I'll double-check it's the same in my region. Any suggestions on what's good money there? Assault Heroes 1 and 2 for 400 is a decent tag so I might get those.

Just bought 3000 MS points so this is a tasty sale. I'll double-check it's the same in my region. Any suggestions on what's good money there? Assault Heroes 1 and 2 for 400 is a decent tag so I might get those.

I've played the first one and really enjoyed it. I think it has local co-op as well.

Oh my, Sonic Ep 2 (and Ep 1) is (are) tempting, even though I still have Generations lying around waiting to be played. I want Rayman 3 HD too but I haven't got a Gold subscription so I'll wait for it to go on sale for everyone. Should buy some more MSPoints, though, as I also want Dust and perhaps Deadlight.

As it turned out, me too! So I bought Sonic and played Act 1-3 for now. Seems OK but might be glad that it isn't a long game.

Assault Heroes 1 and 2, Warp and Raskulls, methinks. Unless anyone has played any and would advise against it.

Aww, man. No one told me these deals were only for Gold members. :sad:

Not today, American Nightmare. Not today.

HD Jet Set Radio, Nights and Sonic Adventure 2 Trailer

Edited by Retro_Link

I've wanted JSR ever since FOREVER. Never had a dreamcast (borrowed one for a month or so) but loved the game concept. I am willing to purchase this without watching any videos (ever), in order to satiate 12 year old me. It will be glorious.

^ Au contrare! I played the demo and wasn't feeling it. Instead I've hit up Dust: An Elysian Tail, Shadow Complex and lastly Hell Yeah!, for the metroidvania goodness. I've still got to finish the game on a higher difficulty for Dust: AET (zombie summoners taking FOREVER to kill with my current level) and need to reach level 50 with Shadow Complex (made it to 38 after 3 runs, including the 13%. I figure it'll be two more runs).

Hell Yeah! is stage-based, and I'm only on stage 3 so far, but one thing is for sure is that the game is extremely busy, visually speaking. There's been high amounts of polish to the game, which adds to the 'charm' (not really charming as such, but certainly quirky) of the game. It's like someone crossed Wario Ware with Alien Hominid squeezed into the 'adventure platform' mould. Not sure if it's a case of style over substance yet - each area has been surprisingly distinct so far - but again, only on area 3.

Walking Dead on sale you say? Schweeet! It's banned here in Australia so I'll be glad to snap it up on home soil. If the Lego games on demand are a reasonable price then I may get them too... and Mark of the Ninja - sorted :)

I'll hang on for the Skyrim stuff until the 31st, hopefully it's at a decent price. Been getting back into it recently.

As for arcade titles, some interesting ones in the mix thats for sure.

Nice, I was thinking of picking the Skyrim DLC up at some point. Interesting that the Borderlands 2 Season Pass will be on offer, definitely be the cheapest way to get all the DLC until an "all dlc included" disk version comes out in the future.

I wonder if Sonic 4 Ep 2 will eventually drop to 800 points then halve in a deal to 400...