Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Xbox Live Arcade/PSN Thread

Daft

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

you're just proving how awesome your childhood was dude. Speedball 2 is one of the greatest games ever.

Cheers bud, your too kind lol. Speedball 2 was/ is one of the greatest games ever, wore a few joysticks out playing it. I've owned a couple of versions since the original on Atari ST (1 on megadrive i think?? & the GBA version ) both very dissapointing as they never played like the original but the XBLA version is the closest.

• 2 months later...

I finally got around to buying Castle Crashers this morning and I love it to bits, only had an hours play before work though :(

Just read this.....

Major Nelson just posted about The Days of Arcade, which will be a six week long promotion on the Xbox LIVE Marketplace. The Days of Arcade is going to be like last year's Summer of Arcade.

First out of the gate on March 18th is Hasbro Family Game Night. In no particular order (we're guessing because of Microsoft's certification process) we'll see the following after:

The Dishwasher: Dead Samurai

Flock

Lode Runner

Outrun Online Arcade

Puzzle Quest: Galactrix

UNO Rush

One week will feature an Xbox LIVE twofer as there's seven titles in the six week promotion. No details on when and how much though.

EDIT: A little robotic birdy just told us that we may be seeing a couple more games in this period as well. CRYSTAL DEFENDERS, and CellFactor: Psychokinetic Wars. Purely a rumor though, so don't get your hopes up.

I will be keeping an eye on Flock as that game looked quite good when it was first shown.

Well for a start Braid never grabbed me and I doubt if it ever will, as for this years line up, The Dishwasher: Dead Samurai has potential to be awesome, Outrun Online Arcade is basically going to be an excellent update of one of the finest arcade racers ever made and Puzzle Quest : Galactrix will most likely be a quality sequel to the original which is an excellent title in itself... imo.:blank:

Well for a start Braid never grabbed me and I doubt if it ever will, as for this years line up, The Dishwasher: Dead Samurai has potential to be awesome

Isn't that an XNA game that's available already? I'm sure I played it months ago. Maybe that was during the week's free trial of the creator's club community though.

So is it just me that thinks this latest list of XBLA games all sounds pants and wonders what's happened to the quality of arcade releases these days? Haven't had anything to look forward to since SF2HDTR and that was quickly eclipsed by SFIV. Before that the last thing I cared about was... Castle Crashers Banjo Kazooie? :/

So is it just me that thinks this latest list of XBLA games all sounds pants and wonders what's happened to the quality of arcade releases these days? Haven't had anything to look forward to since SF2HDTR and that was quickly eclipsed by SFIV. Before that the last thing I cared about was... Castle Crashers Banjo Kazooie? :/

Crystal Defenders looks great, especially if you like the Final Fantasy Tactics style pixels. Also Outrun is a great addition to XBLA.

I would love to see some more arcade classics such as The Simpsons and X-Men arcade games but it will probably never happen due to the licenses changing hands over the years.

I would love to see some more arcade classics such as The Simpsons and X-Men arcade games but it will probably never happen due to the licenses changing hands over the years.

From what I can tell, some licence (Is it "s" or "c"?) changeovers include the original games (Rare and their franchises) and sometimes they don't (for example, EA seem to pretend that Burnout 1 and 2 never existed). So some games may be "lost" (from getting re-released) forever (or 50 years, if the copyright and stuff is the same as music).

From what I can tell, some licence (Is it "s" or "c"?) changeovers include the original games (Rare and their franchises) and sometimes they don't (for example, EA seem to pretend that Burnout 1 and 2 never existed). So some games may be "lost" (from getting re-released) forever (or 50 years, if the copyright and stuff is the same as music).

I think its a bit quicker with games, games like Bubble Bobble now are open for the public.

Hi my name is Goldeneye.

Peggle motherfuckers. PEGGLE.

PEGGLE!

Probably won't buy it though. Already got it for PC and DS. Don't think I need it on my TV if I have it on PC and portable.

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!