N-Europe

Been Burgled

Cube

I found out this morning that my (and my uni housemates') house was robbed last night.

They took 3 laptops, 2 cameras, my Wii, DS, a load of games and some money.

The police have been round, didn't find much and none of us have house insurance.

I just don't know what to say.

Jesus thats terrible! Have the police been checking for fingerptints on anything etc to see if they can find the guys that did it?

Yup. All they could find out were that gloves were used.

Ouch! I'm sorry to here that...Do you know how they got in?

Lockpicked through the back door.

I have no respect for people who thoughtlessly take stuff that isn't theirs with no thought towards what the belongings might mean to the people who own them, it's disgraceful and there is no excuse for it.

I'm sorry to hear that this has happened Cube, I hope they catch whoever did this and make them compensate both you and your housemates.

Only 8 games were taken. I don't have a huge amount of time to play my older games, so I'm off to GameStation with everything but Twilight Princess, Wind Waker, Zelda CE, Excite Truck and Table Tennis (as the last is a game to review, and MP3 was taken).

They can't do much good on their own, anyway.

Guest Stefkov
Yup. All they could find out were that gloves were used.

You know what kind of gloves. Can they not get the fingerprints from inside the glove? Like go all CSI.

Sorry to hear that though. How you gonna get anything back, you say you had no insurance so..I can't even think what I would do in that situation.

Shit happens, don't know why you even bothered calling the police, they'll never catch who did it or get your stuff back, the only reason to call the police in such a situation would be for the insurance, but as you don't have any I don't know why you bothered.

Shit happens, don't know why you even bothered calling the police, they'll never catch who did it or get your stuff back, the only reason to call the police in such a situation would be for the insurance, but as you don't have any I don't know why you bothered.

A few people had uni essays (as in 30% of a module) due in the next day on their computers (backed up on USB drives which were taken). So the police were needed for them to get a time extension.

That's awful, being forced to give away your games, as well. Did they go into each bedroom, or was all that in the living room?

They raided every room, and took what they though was worth a lot and was of a decent size (my PC/Monitor is fine).

Anyway, I'll be getting a new Wii on Tuesday/Wednesday from the money I got from most of the games that were left (which I wouldn't play much anyway). It still sucks big time.