Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Human extinction

Dog-amoto

Do you think this will ever happen to us?

I do, be it from nuclear war, natural disaster, overpopulation and consumption of natural resources, alien invasion or whatever, I reckon that in the next 10000 years or so, we could have had our chips.

I know that the Earth will be destroyed in about 5 billion years time when the sun reaches the red giant phase in it's evolution, but I think that extinction will happen a lot sooner.

What do you reckon? It happened to the dinosaurs, so why not us?

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think human kind is too adaptable for it to happen in the forseeable future. If the Earth is not completely destroyed within the next 100 years, technology will probably be able to save us from destruction until the Milky Way gets destroyed for some reason.

Alien attack that will cause war and chaos or unearthing an evil long since seald in the earth.

People would actually realise the obvious greed and how corrupt humans are, make them see that there's boundaries to what people must do and how wrong people and show how arrogant they are.

That kinda thing would be ideal, and all the religous people will see that their God won't save them. Basically people need to get back to reality :heh:

Will so be something like a unstoppable super virus.

HIV? Anything that kills you very quickly (like the Ebola virus) doesn't spread very well.

Anyway, I think either humans will become extinct or evolve into a different species... however, the latter will take a very long time, whereas the former could happen suddenly.

Some kind of genetic bioweapon will probably kill of all who aren't naturally immune. Either that or America will go ape-shit and nuke everyone else on the planet, and be wiped out themselves by either a British/French/Russian/GLA nuclear patrol submarine, leaving the crews of them the only ones left alive.

Humans have spent most of there time in existance at war with one another, so it seems somewhat fitting that tools of war is what finally ends us.

Whatever it is I hope it's either really pointless (like some guy was carrying a nuke, sneezed, dropped it and set of a chain reaction) or really ironic (like a genetic modification to food that cures world poverty, but then turns out to have excess dormant levels of salt and kills the entire planet through dehydration). You know I don't care when it happens, just as long as it makes me giggle.

Death is incomprehensible and my brain hates that. It's my worst fear and is the most terrifying thiing ever, what's next. The thought that no one will be here is possibly the scariest thing I've ever thought of, except my own death.

Death is incomprehensible and my brain hates that. It's my worst fear and is the most terrifying thiing ever, what's next. The thought that no one will be here is possibly the scariest thing I've ever thought of, except my own death.

The thought of complete void is unbearable and we cannot think about it. We can't even get close to that idea because our thought is still there therefore it's not completely void. It's like formating a disk drive where the program that is formating it is in the said drive.

And this did not make any sense. Forgive me.

Death doesn't scare me really. I mean, it's going to happen to all of us (*rubs his eternal life potion*) so why worry? Why even think about it. The though of a "void" doesn't scare me either, I mean if there is nothing therefore there is nothing to worry about because we won't be there to worry about it if you see my point? No? I'll go away now.

Death doesn't scare me really. I mean, it's going to happen to all of us (*rubs his eternal life potion*) so why worry? Why even think about it. The though of a "void" doesn't scare me either, I mean if there is nothing therefore there is nothing to worry about because we won't be there to worry about it if you see my point? No? I'll go away now.

Yes, I do. Its best to compare death with birth...For example I was born in 1986 but before then I just...you know...didn't exist...absolute nothingness. I don't remember the pearly gates or the flaming cinders of hell...So why fear that? You're probably suffering more alive than you will dead.

Thats why alive, I choose to be the best I can be to people, this is truly your only shot at life...But some people don't realise that and continue to act like shite.

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!