Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

The Movie News Thread!

Retro_Link

To all the Liam Neeson fans: He's great, but he has still starred in the travesty that is The Phantom Menace. There's no escaping that.

Are you sure of that? Source or anything?

Because my face is frozen in confusion over that.

No offense to the him but this is a role formerly played by Arnie for fuck´s sake!

I guess we'll have to see what direction they take with it.

But, they couldn't have found somebody less-like Arnie. Maybe he's the exact opposite for a reason.

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I guess we'll have to see what direction they take with it.

But, they couldn't have found somebody less-like Arnie. Maybe he's the exact opposite for a reason.

Well that comes to mind but I cannot help but to think:

"What are they going to do with Predator!"

Well that comes to mind but I cannot help but to think:

"What are they going to do with Predator!"

I'm totally against the idea of a reboot anyway. With a reboot, this will always be compared to the original. Give me my Predator 3, dammit.

Also, Ashley, hahahhahhahaha.

I'm totally against the idea of a reboot anyway. With a reboot, this will always be compared to the original. Give me my Predator 3, dammit.

Also, Ashley, hahahhahhahaha.

Danny Trejo Cast in Predators:

The first bit of casting news for the new Predators movie has been released. Danny Trejo has been cast in the upcoming movie according to SlashFilm.

Danny Trejo will play a character called Cuchillo, a Mexican enforcer with twin uzis strapped to his back.

First Look at Predators Script!

The first look is very positive. They say the script is 'awesome' and providing Fox let Rodriguez handle everything, Fox will have a blockbuster on their hands by next summer. Here's the main points:

* The script isn't PG13, it's a 'bloody, violent, hard R script reminiscent of the original'.

* Story takes place on the Predators' homeplanet... Picture it as one big jungle from the cretaceous period.

* Opening sequence takes place with our main character, Royce, chasing down something on a rooftop. The sequence ends with him killing his prey with the Predator watching. The Predator then kidnaps him. We next see the character parashooting onto the Predator planet.

* Soon after we meet seven other characters who also parashooted onto the planet: Cuchillo, Nikolai, Isabelle, Stans, Mombasa, Hanzo, and Edwin.

* They soon realise they're prey in a game of cat and mouse and they take off on the run in the jungle. The Predator planet is a game reserve.

* A 'Black Super Predator' leads the hunting party of two other Super Predators.

* The characters eventually hook up with an American soldier called Nolan hiding in a cave. They find out that the Predators have been dropping humans into the game preserve for years.

* The script includes a cameo appearance from Arnie.

Howard Berger on the Predators' design:

MovieHole caught up with KNB's Howard Berger whose company are doing the special effects on Predators. He basically just says they're going to be faithful to Stan Winston's work in the original movies.

“I just saw some photos today and they look absolutely fantastic!”, says Berger, who got his start working with Stan Winston on films like “Predator” and “Aliens”. ‘’Greg [Nicotero] is supervising and masterminding that one. So we're in pre-production on [it] right now...

...we wanted to have the Predator look as it did in the original film. We went back and looked at the original. I actually worked in the shop with Stan Winston on the first film. It was great to be able to go back to the series having not been involved in any of the sequels, and it was also great to be able to make sure we built them as Stan Winston did... They look really fantastic. There's a whole bunch of cool [Predator's] in the film, and everyone's going to be very happy that we've been very faithful to the Stan Winston designs. It's out next year. It's shooting very soon.

Cabin in the Woods has been pushed back to January 2011 to 3Dise it.

While its annoying (2010 still sounds like a long time away for me, yet alone 2011) it at least shows the studio has faith in it after apparently very positive testing.

Because most people probably wouldn't want to go see a film again a year after and the cost of 3Ding it wouldn't be justified.

Hmm, Kristen Bell has joint the film 'Burlesque', which means that she and Christina Aguilara will be engaging in a burlesque-off. Mentally stimulating I'm sure...

Edited by Ashley

http://uk.movies.ign.com/articles/103/1034494p1.html

Independence Day 2 News

Director has 'really good story.

UK, October 13, 2009 - Here's a project we haven't heard about for a while -- a sequel to mega-bucks sci-fi blockbuster Independence Day. Way back in 2003 director Roland Emmerich and writer Dean Devlin confirmed they were working on s script, but since then we've not heard much about the film.

Until now that is, with Latino Review quizzing the helmer whilst he was doing press for his latest movie 2012. Emmerich told them why the sequel has taken so long to get off the ground:

"Dean Devlin and I are still set to make a sequel because we've found some sort of idea and we approached [studio 20th Century] Fox and Fox has not quite figured out how to incorporate Dean's and my deal, and Will's [smith] deal. Will wants to do it in some sort of a package they can live with.

"So it's just been in negotiations now since forever, and naturally Fox says "Why don't you do it without Will Smith?" I said Will is essential for us, for this movie and actually for the audience too. And, so, it's in limbo and lately the studios are fighting. Like gross players, and Will is a gross player and is probably the only gross player right now who's worth his gross. So we'll see what happens. I would love to do it."

Emmerich wouldn't elaborate on the plot, but insisted: "There's a very really great story, a very cool one."

So there you go, it seems if the studio is prepared to pay for Smith, then we could, just maybe, get a sequel to one of the biggest summer movies of recent times. Your thoughts please!

This is more than fine by me!

Whilst not necessary, it's a movie that certainly wouldn't be hurt by a sequel, as the first doesn't call for one.

Personally I think Independance Day is a great movie, and think Will Smiths great in the film, so with Will Smith set to return and the directors having worked this long on story ideas etc... I'm really looking forward to hearing more on this!!

Also, in Resident Evil 4 news...

http://uk.movies.ign.com/articles/103/1034856p1.html

Other RE favorites are returning as well. Milla Jovovich will once again reprise her role as Alice. Joining her once more are Ali Larter as Claire Redfield and Spencer Locke as K-Mart. Albert Wesker will also return as a villain, though Wesker has now been recast and Shawn Roberts will take over the role.

Two significant new additions are being made to the franchise with Afterlife. First of all, Prison Break's Wentworth Miller will make his debut as Chris Redfield (better late than never for Chris). Additionally, Afterlife will be filmed in 3-D. At least part of the movie looks to be taking place in Africa, suggesting that Resident Evil 5 will serve as inspiration. In general, the script appears to be pulling new characters and creatures from various RE games.

haha, as much as I love Wentworth, I just can't picture him as Chris Redfield!... but then that's me comparing him to the video game version, and these films aren't exactly true to the games so what's new! Edited by Retro_Link

Toy Story 3 update

poster_toy_story3_ver8.jpg

Kristen Schaal (Flight of the Conchords) will be voicing a new character.

1 + 2 in 3D will be staying in cinemas a bit longer.

Blake Clarke will take the place of Jim Varney as the voice of 'Slinky' after Varney's passing in 2000.

X-Men news:

http://uk.movies.ign.com/articles/103/1036537p1.html

Wolverine 2 Update

Wolverine 2, according to X-Men series producer Lauren Shuler Donner, is "the furthest along of all the X-Men projects on the boil."

In an interview with Empire Online, Shuler Donner confirmed that the sequel will take place in Japan, a storyline that she said had been intended to be used for X-Men Origins: Wolverine until the 20th Century Fox brass decided to make it an origin story instead.

Screenwriter Christopher McQuarrie will base his script on the classic Chris Claremont & Frank Miller storyline from the comics that chronicled Logan's spell in Japan and his relationship with Mariko Yashida, whose father was a Yakuza boss.

"What's cool about this part of the saga is that Wolverine will be fighting in a different style to what we've seen before. Mariko's father has this stick-like weapon, so Wolverine will have to fight against that," Shuler Donner explained. "There'll be samurai, ninja, katana blades, different forms of martial arts - mano-a-mano, extreme fighting. We're going to come up with a new style of fighting. It's going to be awesome."

Has anyone else completely given up on Wolverine by now? They havn't really done him any justice in any the four X-Men films he's been in, all of which are pretty much just getting worse. Time to start again elsewhere prehaps!

http://uk.movies.ign.com/articles/103/1036485p1.html

X-Men Getting Potter-ized?

Producer gives a First Class update.

If and when X-Men: First Class makes it to the big screen, it may owe more to Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry than to Xavier's School for Gifted Youngsters.

In an interview with Empire Online, X-Men series producer Lauren Shuler Donner revealed that "Harry Potter is a bit of a role model for us, absolutely. But we want it to be like the recent, darker Potters. It should not be a kiddie movie -- we're in the X-Men world so you can't suddenly change the tone. The First Class comics are really fun -- they're funnier than any other comics I've read."

Shuler Donner says the movie will take place in a time before the world knew mutants existed. Cyclops will apparently be the main character along with Professor X, with the producer describing Scott Summers as a tough kid who has bounced around different foster homes until he arrives at Xavier's school and grows into a leadership role.

"Right now the script is not done -- we're not where we want to be yet," Shuler Donner said. "We have to be careful that we don't tread on familiar territory, that people don't say, 'Oh, I've seen that, been there.'" She hailed screenwriter Josh Schwartz for "doing an amazing job bringing the characters to life. We want to make this a franchise, following these kids at the school, so the casting of the child actors will be all-important."

Just so long as they cast people better than the completely talentless Daniel 'and yet I'm a multi-millionaire, get that' Radcliffe!

http://uk.movies.ign.com/articles/103/1036504p1.html

Deadpool Movie Update

Producer on rebooting the merc with the mouth.

Forget about what you saw in X-Men Origins: Wolverine. So says producer Lauren Shuler Donner.

In an interview with Empire Online, the X-Men series producer said her Deadpool spin-off will, as previously reported, reboot the character. "I want to ignore the version of Deadpool that we saw in Wolverine and just start over again. Reboot it," she explained. "Because this guy talks, obviously, and to muzzle him would be insane."

Shuler Donner said she sees no problem with Ryan Reynolds playing both Deadpool and the title role in Green Lantern, citing Harrison Ford as an actor who appeared in multiple franchises at the same time. She also confirmed that Deadpool will break the fourth wall in the movie, as Reynolds himself had previously suggested, although she wasn't too sure how much 20th Century Fox was going to let them get away with.

"It's going to be a dark, snarky, very funny movie. It's the hardest story to tell, I think. There's no clear cut villain -- though you do have great baddies from the comic-books like Black Tom, Slayback, Blind Al and the Weasel," she promised, adding, "We're right in the thick of talking to writers right now, and hopefully by November we'll have decided who's going to do it. We need someone really imaginative because we want to do some really innovative, ambitious stuff."

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!