Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

The Movie News Thread!

Retro_Link

I certainly don't think that, its just that I'm a MEGA fan of them. I love all their chemistry.

This is 100% true.

Difference in opinion ^_^ Despite what Murray things I don't like comedy. I prefer more subtle comedic moments. Like his face. Comedy gold.

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

*Waits for Paj*

Aliens Reboot/Origins?

http://www.aintitcool.com/node/41210

Ahoy, squirts! Quint here. If I were an evil mastermind trying to frame a movie studio, make them look like the biggest fools with the most money-hungry, lowest common denominator lifeless franchise-killing products I couldn't do anything to top what Rothman and Co have been doing to Fox for the last half-dozen years.

Bloody-Disgusting broke a rumor late last night that Fox was remaking Alien and they have since updated their story with info from another source that confirms that Fox is moving on an Alien movie, but it'll be more of a reboot/origins type story than a remake.

Judging by Fox's recent decisions, I'm sure instead of seeing the Space Cowboy in a scary, atmospheric thriller somehow modern day teens will be Twittering from a luxury space shuttle trip that goes awry and ends up on the Alien home world. The PG-13 blood-less, non-atmospheric mayhem will be fast-cut, shakey and filled with CGI smears running around.

Perhaps I'm not giving them enough credit and being a knee-jerk fanboy. That last part is certainly true, but it's an educated knee-jerk. Hell, this could all come to nothing, but considering B-D got the jump on the Rodriguez PREDATOR reboot at Fox I'd say they're pretty trustworthy.

2d99wcn.jpg

ebacfp.jpg

xeoivn.jpg

:o

Talking of

modern day teens will be Twittering from a luxury space shuttle trip that goes awry and ends up on the Alien home world. The PG-13 blood-less, non-atmospheric mayhem will be fast-cut, shakey and filled with CGI smears running around.

:p

http://uk.movies.ign.com/articles/987/987616p1.html

Rourke Talks Iron Man 2

Mickey Rourke has opened up about playing a villain in Iron Man 2.

The Oscar-nominated actor won the role of the sequel's secondary villain, the brawn to Sam Rockwell's brains. Rockwell plays Tony Stark's rival industrialist Justin Hammer, while Empire Online has clarified that Rourke will play Whiplash. (Conflicting early reports had created some confusion as to whether Rourke was playing Crimson Dynamo or Whiplash.)

Rourke told the magazine that he's "having the time of my life!" making the Jon Favreau-directed film. But the job has not been without its challenges, namely the suit of armor that Rourke wears in the film. As the actor explains, "It's been really brutal, because my Iron Man suit weighs 23lb. It's sort of a half-suit, with half my skin showing, with lots of Russian tattoos, because [Whiplash is just] out of a Russian-zone prison."

Good to hear he's really enjoying it. Guess the costume might be a more armored version of this sort of thing...

Whiplash_body.jpg

I posted this in the Rate the last film you saw thread a while ago, but I'm not sure if anyone saw it...

If you're a Lord of the Rings fan, give that a watch. For a fan movie produced on a budget of £3000, it's brilliant.

Sweeeeeeeet. He's gonna make such a fucking quality villain. Better than Tits McGee (Erm...whatisface...Jeffrey Archer...cant remember his name. Bridges)

I always mistake Jeff Bridges and Jeff Daniels. Daniels is kickass.

I don't have any doubts whatsoever that it'll pale in comparison. (pail?)

It's Pixar. They're currently at their best yet, what with Wall-E and Ratatouille being their latest efforts and the awesomely promising Up coming soon to us unlucky bastards in Europe... plus, they already did the impossible when they made Toy Story 2 just as good, if not better, than the first one! So yeah, I'm VERY hopefull.

It's Pixar. They're currently at their best yet, what with Wall-E and Ratatouille being their latest efforts and the awesomely promising Up coming soon to us unlucky bastards in Europe... plus, they already did the impossible when they made Toy Story 2 just as good, if not better, than the first one! So yeah, I'm VERY hopefull.

Agreed. They're better now than ever.

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!