Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

The Movie News Thread!

Retro_Link

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've now read a couple of negative and mixed reviews of Watchmen (not fully).

It seems that the whole thing just suffers without the knowledge that it's a deconstruction of "The Superhero". This is evident in the book...but on the cinema screen, I can't imagine it working as well?

Casting is officially underway for New Line Cinema's A Nightmare on Elm Street, their remake of Wes Craven's classic slasher film from 1984 where Freddy Krueger, a serial child killer murdered by angry parents, returns with a burnt face and a razor glove to terrorize teens in their dreams. Being produced by Platinum Dunes, the remake is set to be directed by Samuel Bayer from a screenplay by Wesley Strick. Shooting officially begins April 27th in Chicago, IL. Beyond the break you'll find the official casting call, who will end up as Freddy?

[FREDDY KRUEGER] (40s) The fedora-wearing villain of children’s nightmares. He'’s taunting and vindictive. He's the last person you want to see in your dreams...

[KRIS] 18, attractive, hot, sexy and confident. She’s smart and curious. She's also the type of girl who has to figure things out when they don't make sense...

[QUENTIN] (18) Mysterious, smart and cool. Think indie type guy. He runs the school podcast, “Insomnia Radio”. Think Johnny Depp...

[NANCY] (18) Attractive, interesting, and intriguing. Very smart. Not terribly social. There’s one in every class. The pretty-girl image is not her priority. Getting out of town after graduation is...

[DEAN] (18) He's the school jock. Attractive. He'’s the kid that lives in the two-story home on the street that screams “Rich Suburbia.” He’s the guy that everyone seems to love...

[JESSE] (18) – Alpha male. Cool, attractive. He used to date Kris, and he’s still trying to get back together – even though they’ve broken up about 4 times already...

Seriously? Another god damned remake?

Creativity Hollywood, look some fucking up, I'm sick to death of remakes, saw trailer for "Race to Witch Mountain" yesterday, i'm like "this sounds so familier," then it hit me...escape from witch mountain, another bloody remake.

I'm sure there are some good ORIGINAL scrpits out there, dunno why they don't just pick them up and use them.

Seriously? Another god damned remake?

Creativity Hollywood, look some fucking up, I'm sick to death of remakes, saw trailer for "Race to Witch Mountain" yesterday, i'm like "this sounds so familier," then it hit me...escape from witch mountain, another bloody remake.

I'm sure there are some good ORIGINAL scrpits out there, dunno why they don't just pick them up and use them.

Race_to_witch_mountain_film.jpg

If folks haven't seen EFWM then the poster ruins the film. >_>

"Dwayne Johnson as Jack Bruno, a Las Vegas cab driver. The director wrote in a cab driver as a main character because there was a unique relationship between the driver and his passengers. Fickman explained, "When Dwayne's driving and two aliens appear in his cab, he's stuck with them, there is an implied contract that I will get you to your destination, because that's what he does.""

Hollywood >_<

Casting is officially underway for New Line Cinema's A Nightmare on Elm Street, their remake of Wes Craven's classic slasher film from 1984 where Freddy Krueger, a serial child killer murdered by angry parents, returns with a burnt face and a razor glove to terrorize teens in their dreams. Being produced by Platinum Dunes, the remake is set to be directed by Samuel Bayer from a screenplay by Wesley Strick. Shooting officially begins April 27th in Chicago, IL. Beyond the break you'll find the official casting call, who will end up as Freddy?

[FREDDY KRUEGER] (40s) The fedora-wearing villain of children’s nightmares. He'’s taunting and vindictive. He's the last person you want to see in your dreams...

[KRIS] 18, attractive, hot, sexy and confident. She’s smart and curious. She's also the type of girl who has to figure things out when they don't make sense...

[QUENTIN] (18) Mysterious, smart and cool. Think indie type guy. He runs the school podcast, “Insomnia Radioâ€. Think Johnny Depp...

[NANCY] (18) Attractive, interesting, and intriguing. Very smart. Not terribly social. There’s one in every class. The pretty-girl image is not her priority. Getting out of town after graduation is...

[DEAN] (18) He's the school jock. Attractive. He'’s the kid that lives in the two-story home on the street that screams “Rich Suburbia.†He’s the guy that everyone seems to love...

[JESSE] (18) – Alpha male. Cool, attractive. He used to date Kris, and he’s still trying to get back together – even though they’ve broken up about 4 times already...

My god, that cast of characters doesn't sound at all cliché or unoriginal ;)

Race_to_witch_mountain_film.jpg

If folks haven't seen EFWM then the poster ruins the film. >_>

"Dwayne Johnson as Jack Bruno, a Las Vegas cab driver. The director wrote in a cab driver as a main character because there was a unique relationship between the driver and his passengers. Fickman explained, "When Dwayne's driving and two aliens appear in his cab, he's stuck with them, there is an implied contract that I will get you to your destination, because that's what he does.""

Hollywood >_<

For the love of fuck, Rocky, GO BACK TO THE WWE! IT NEEDS YOU! BAD! :shakehead

I wouldn't mind him in another film like Gridiron Gang but to see him in a film like this is just hurting me, tbh.

The Great One, The Brahma Bull, The Most Electrifying Man In Sports Entertainment, The People's Champion...in a film like that? *facepalm*

For the love of fuck, Rocky, GO BACK TO THE WWE! IT NEEDS YOU! BAD! :shakehead

I wouldn't mind him in another film like Gridiron Gang but to see him in a film like this is just hurting me, tbh.

The Great One, The Brahma Bull, The Most Electrifying Man In Sports Entertainment, The People's Champion...in a film like that? *facepalm*

Wrestling just became such a chore to watch after The Rock left. He was a fantastic entertainer. Ahh, I miss those days.

I'm craving a ladder match right now.

Dwayne is a great actor, i've really liked his films that i've seen. He's just awesome all round. So talented in many areas. Yeah, the WWE misses him, but he has moved on and there's no way he's going back. He's said so a million times.

And WWE isnt that bad at the mo! Randy Orton and John Cena are the new Rock and Stone Cold, and they're doing a bang up job.

You have to remember you were younger when Rock and Stone Cold were at their prime. Think of the audience now who are your age when you loved it and you can easilly see how Orton and Cena are just as good to them as Rock and Stone Cold were to us.

Anyway, this is a movie news thread, not a WWE debate! The Rock is awesome, actor and ex-wrestler combined.

Guy Ritchie’s new flick Sherlock Holmes is going to portray Sir Arthur Conan Doyle’s legendary character in a gay way.

In the film, Holmes, being played by Robert Downey Jr, is seen sharing a bed with Dr Watson, being played by Jude Law.

Holmes can also be seen enjoying some man-to-man wrestling with his close chum.

“We’re two men who happen to be room-mates, wrestle a lot and share a bed. It’s badass,” News of the World quoted Robert Downey Jr, as saying.

Law added: “Guy wanted to make this about the relationship between Watson and Holmes. They’re both mean and complicated.”

Sherlock Holmes is famous for donning his deerstalker hat, puffing on a pipe and solving mysteries with his trusted sidekick.

www.entertainmentandshowbiz.com

Lol "Gay way". What a retarded article.

I read about this a few weeks ago, basically it's just saying that there's going to be some blantently homo-erotic moments, that's it. You get those in masses of movies, so I'm unsure what the big deal is.

Lol "Gay way". What a retarded article.

I read about this a few weeks ago, basically it's just saying that there's going to be some blantently homo-erotic moments, that's it. You get those in masses of movies, so I'm unsure what the big deal is.

Since when has wrestling been known as gay-way?

Not really "news" but...

Lynda Carter has officially passed the Wonder Woman baton to actress Eliza Dushku, insisting she'd make a great comic book heroine.

Carter, who played the iconic character on TV in the 1970s, insists the world needs a new Wonder Woman - and if reports suggesting director Joss Whedon is set to launch a new franchise with Dushku are correct, the original star would be thrilled.

She tells WENN, "I've always liked Joss, and Eliza would make a great Wonder Woman."

Carter has even offered her services to help groom the next Wonder Woman.

She adds, "People worry about, 'I really helped with this movie and I didn't get paid,' which I could care less about. People don't usually contact the original people to find things out because they're afraid of being sued claiming it was their idea. I hope if they make the movie it makes a bajillion (millions) dollars, which means they'll continue to make them."

So say we all!

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!