Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

The Movie News Thread!

Retro_Link

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What the fuck was that about? Penn was good, but this was Mickey's year.

Fantastic to see Philippe Petit on the Oscar stage though, and he spoke directly to Werner Herzog, two insane geniuses of 20th century Europe gatecrashing the Oscars, brilliant!

And the two Japanese directors who won (for 'Best Short Animation' and 'Best Foreign Language Film' gave utterly amazing speeches. "I'd like to thank my pencil. Huh huh." and "I AM HERE BECAUSE OF FILMS!!"

Was actually a really enjoyable show, apart from the overblown presentations of the four acting categories - the only good part of which was seeing Marion Cotillard looking stunning.

Was actually a really enjoyable show, apart from the overblown presentations of the four acting categories

I know, what the fuck was that circle-jerk all about? It was especially embarrassing for the over emotional lead-actress presentation. DeNiro was good, though.

I have no problem with Slumdog winning BP, although that's because I didn't really care about any of the nominated films. If The Wrestler or Wall-E, or perhaps even Gran Torino were nominated, well, it would be different.

Also, I heard that Slumdog Millionaire was the first Best Picture winner where none of the main characters were white. That surprised me for some reason.

Batman related...

http://uk.movies.ign.com/articles/956/956649p1.html

Warners reportedly has a back-up plan in case Nolan passes.

US, February 24, 2009 - Warner Bros. really wants Christopher Nolan to direct Batman 3. That much is obvious, but a new report suggests that the studio already has a replacement in mind just in case Nolan should pass on helming a third installment.

Batman-on-Film reports that when "Nolan came to an agreement to helm Inception for Warner Bros., there is at least some sort of understanding between him and the studio that he'll do a third Batman -- though his reps won't confirm or deny it."

In case Nolan decides to pass on directing Batman 3 -- we already know he's working on the script for it -- then BoF claims that Warners "might" have considered its Watchmen and 300 director Zack Snyder as a possible replacement or as a successor once Nolan completes his trilogy.

While we fully expect Nolan to return to direct Batman 3, let's at least wonder what a Snyder-directed Bat flick would be like. Sound off in the comments section below!

What the bloody rush with everything these days!

Just let Nolan take his time working on Batman 3; it'll produce the best results and be win-win for everyone.

Iron Man 2

http://uk.movies.ign.com/articles/956/956675p1.html

Iron Man 2 Casting Notice

Hot brunette, Russian guards and Mongolian gangsters needed.

US, February 24, 2009 - Marvel announced today that Iron Man 2 will begin principal photography in early April. The official studio press release only lists Robert Downey, Jr., Gwyneth Paltrow and Don Cheadle as having been cast; no mention was made of rumored cast members such as Sam Rockwell, Mickey Rourke, Scarlett Johansson or Samuel L. Jackson.

Both Corona Coming Attractions and Spoiler TV have posted casting notices for Iron Man 2 that reveal some of the supporting roles in the film.

The casting notices call for actors to play Mongolian gangsters, Russian guards (who speak fluent Russian), a French waiter, and technicians of various ethnicities in their 20s. The filmmakers are also look for a Caucasian actor in his late 40's to mid 50's who is "handsome, intelligent and dynamic," as well as a "hot brunette" who is "beautiful, sexy and authoritative." The actress must be Caucasian between the ages of 25-28.

Iron Man 2 is slated for a May 7, 2010 release.

The way Marvel are cocking around with the casting, they be lucky if they even have a cast by May 2010!

Hope they do end up pushish to get Rourke, Jackson, Johansson, Blunt etc... [and doesn't just rush and end up with a cast of nobodys!] as that'll be an fricking awesome cast like the one Batman suceeds with!

Good news everyone!

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=53254

Samuel L. Jackson has buried the hatchet with Marvel Entertainment, making a deal to play the role of Nick Fury in Iron Man 2, and potentially many other films.

Jackson's deal is a long-term commitment to play Fury, the leader of the espionage unit S.H.I.E.L.D. His deal contains an option to play the character in nine future Marvel superhero films, efforts that are expected to include The First Avenger: Captain America, Thor, The Avengers, toplining a possible S.H.I.E.L.D. movie, and potential sequels.

Jackson introduced Fury in the closing moments of Iron Man, when the character asked Robert Downey Jr.'s Tony Stark to join his group.

i had never heard of slumdog before last night

To be honest I never heard of it before the Oscars, and now they won't shut up about it. The stars have been given a house in Mumbai I think.

Why does everyone fail to realise that The Hoff was the best Nick Fury?! :mad:

fury1.jpg

Magnificent.

I like that it's being made by "Original Films". Very amusing.

But seriously, the remakes are coming quicker and quicker (from when the originals came out).

And it's Philip K Dick story! At least film your own take on the story/another story of his...

A remake of Total Recall...why? What is to be gained from this? It doesn't need a remake, as the original is awesome enough as it is.

Are we going to see a remake of everything now? What's to say we don't receive a remake of The Terminator in the future?

I just think that this shows a lack of effort to create something new.

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!