Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

The Movie News Thread!

Retro_Link

Cloverfield best blow my socks off when I got to see it. I'm getting bored of NYC getting destroyed recently. It's a shame theres no room for anything slightly original in Hollywood. I want something fresh!

Well other than destroying NYC you should be happy, all the reviews acclaim it for its fresh approach to the genre ala the POV from the little guys, not the army or some scientist/hero figure.

I cant wait to see it.

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Loads of rumours for Star Trek point towards the following:

- Multiple versions of Kirk and Spock (some of them meeting)

- Time Travel to loads of different points in time (The Original Series, After Nemesis, The Next Generation, before the original series)

- Alternate Universes (One where the USS Enterprise is a warship)

Sounds confusing if true.

- Time Travel to loads of different points in time (The Original Series, After Nemesis, The Next Generation, before the original series)

Also sounds pretty awesome. Hopefully it won't get so complicated that you have no idea who is who, but the alternate universe part sounds like a win.

• 2 weeks later...

Pregnant Teen Dragged to Hell

Ellen Page, so divine in "Juno", will star in Sam Raimi's return-to-horror "Drag Me to Hell", according to The Hollywood Reporter.

"Sam Raimi's return to horror is a cause for celebration for horror fans and movie lovers everywhere," said Marc Shmuger and David Linde, Universal chairman and co-chairman. "We are tremendously excited to be bringing this movie to audiences, and having Ellen Page, one of today's most gifted and relatable young actors, onboard to star is an abundance of riches."

Written by Sam and Ivan Raimi, "Drag" reportedly tells of an unsuspecting person who becomes the recipient of a supernatural curse.

Sounds interesting, love all that alternate reality stuff, so it should be good if true.

Also a TV advert for Iron Man.

http://www.apple.com/trailers/paramount/ironman/large_tv.html

I actually think that might become the best super hero movie ever. Have you heard what they are doing?

Sam Jackson plays Nick Fury in both Iron Man and The Incredible Hulk. Stark has a scene in The Incredible Hulk.

Nice, they really took the hint from The Ultimates.

Sounds interesting, love all that alternate reality stuff, so it should be good if true.

Have you seen the first part of Star Trek: Of Gods and Men? It's an awesome (well, so far) fan (sort of) film exploring an alternate reality were Kirk was never born. It's made by Star Trek actors

Have you seen the first part of Star Trek: Of Gods and Men? It's an awesome (well, so far) fan (sort of) film exploring an alternate reality were Kirk was never born. It's made by Star Trek actors

I saw a trailer for it ages ago, looked quite promising.

I'll have to look it up.

Brand new take on it directed by Edward Norton. An attempt to make a darker Hulk in the same vain as Batman Begins.

Directed by? Starring you mean. ;)

Oh dear god. I hated antman =[

Wha? Whats to hate about Antman? Word on the street is it will be starring both main Antmen (Hank Pymm and Scott Lang) It has HUGE potential. And its being co-written by Joe Cornish (From Adam and Joe)

Nice, they really took the hint from The Ultimates.

Yeah, its actually amazing that its really happened. :yay:

monopolyguyshakekl8.gif

Go straight past go, do not collect £200

NEW YORK (Reuters) - Hasbro on Wednesday said it signed a six-year deal with Universal Pictures for the film company to make at least four movies based on well-known games like Monopoly, Battleship, Candy Land and Ouija.

(Advertisement)

The first movie from the deal is to be released in either 2010 or 2011, with Universal releasing at least one film per year thereafter, the companies said.

Universal pictures is part of NBC Universal, which is 80 percent owned by General Electric Co and 20 percent by France's Vivendi.

(Reporting by Justin Grant, editing by Gerald E. McCormick)

+10 points for where the pic is from =D

It's not often you get movie scoops from publications like The Wall Street Journal, being, as they are, more enamoured of bar graphs than Batman. But the US publication recently ran an article about Disney Pixar no longer outsourcing their video game tie-ins and, almost in passing, revealed the much guarded plot to Toy Story 3.

According to the Journal, in the third movie "Woody the cowboy and his toy-box friends are dumped in a day-care center after their owner, Andy, leaves for college".

That sounds much like a spin on Jesse the Cowgirl's arc in Toy Story 2, where she was abandoned by her grown up owner (we can't think of a less harsh sounding term) and ended up in a junk sale.

It's a good path for the third and possibly final film. It could potentially bring the story of Woody and Buzz full circle, if they eventually end up in the hands of a new child to love them. It does, however, show that a lot of time's passed between Toy Story 2 and the new movie, since Andy was no more than 12 in that film. What would that mean for the toy characters? Will Woody be falling apart? Will all Buzz's paint be worn to nothing. God knows, after a few years, all our childhood toys were chewed, run over and generally scarred from too many interactions with the dog or waste disposal.

It certainly sounds promising to us. What do you think?

New Bourne Film

I find it funny that Matt Damon would want to do a fourth “Bourne” movie – especially because the last one (“Ultimatum”) wrapped things up so nicely. But then, Damon doesn’t seem to be the type to do things for money, so all I can assume is that he and director Paul Greengrass have come up with one killer story for the next installment. We hope.

Whatever the case, Jason Bourne will be the subject of a forthcoming DVD Quadrilogy box set – with word from Variety that Universal, Damon and Greengrass (director of the last two “Bourne” flicks; Doug Liman did the first) are brainstorming over ideas for another sequel.

As I believe the original “Bourne” book series ended at “Ultimatum” and the series then went on to tell the story of – granted, Ludlum didn’t write these ones – Bourne’s son, they'll probably be writing something from scratch this time around (not that they basically didn't do that for the "Bourne" films anyway - the books didn't really resemble the movies).

This saddens me deeply. Ultimatum was a great movie... this is going to be a disappointement. I'm sure of it. :(

I agree. There's no need for it, except for the studio to cash in on another sequel.

--

Final Destination 4 3D

The guy that directed Snakes on a Plane is directing it. Oh shiz.

The opening disaster will be a "high speed race crash" which will end up killing some of the audience, all in gory 3D.

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!