NEurope
Stocka

Majora's Mask

Tbf... if you don't have an N64 to hand then you're better off downloading the Virtual Console version as it's the next best thing to the N64 version but it's still a trade off because somewhat rediculously Nintendo STILL haven't found a way to emulate the rumble pak feature, even when using a GC pad...

Still, the game runs reliably, I played through the whole of MM again for VC Weekly on the VC version and it didn't crash on me once.

oh yeah i'll deffo end up getting it offa the VC or for my n64 at some point

its the CE ive gave up on, not the game itself

Ahh yeah, I forgot about that freezing thing! I remember starting up once with my mates one night and it froze a bit through woodfall so we gave up cos we obviously lost like an hour or two's gaming, though so far I've been at it pretty consistently and not had any problems(hopefully it'll keep this way :P). It really is an amazing game, it feels so much more like a real quest with it's sort of...more side questy nature? I'm loving it anyhow and struggling to put it down!

I heard the GC version had that freezing glitch related with save slots. I experienced no such thing in the VC version.

Why did you say the VC version was worse than the GC version, Rummy?

I only said I imagine it's better, I don't have any experience of the latter to actually judge, it's just with the various control system differences and lack of rumble I don't see how the VC could be much superior, but then I had also forgotten about the freezing problem, a very annoying one to have in this game.

Lollery, blasted thing just locked up on me after I'd redefeated Goht, gotten gold dust, tempered my sword, saved the ranch from aliens, and was just getting the mask of stone. Shame.

Sigh, .....I just can't get myself back to playing this ..... I think it's the weather, it MUST be the weather!!!

I need some convincing words:laughing:

I'm almost at the Goron temple, from there on out everything will be new to me.

Wait, .....WHAT AM I SAYING!!!!

A NEW ZELDA ADVENTURE AWAITS ME!!!!!!!!:hehe:

Lollery, blasted thing just locked up on me after I'd redefeated Goht, gotten gold dust, tempered my sword, saved the ranch from aliens, and was just getting the mask of stone. Shame.

This is not very helpful now, but the key to playing the GameCube version is to do the bare minimum, then save. For example, once you've improved your sword, play the Song of Time and save your game. I can see why you did both those sidequests though, because if I recall correctly, you need post-Goht items for both of those.

This is not very helpful now, but the key to playing the GameCube version is to do the bare minimum, then save. For example, once you've improved your sword, play the Song of Time and save your game. I can see why you did both those sidequests though, because if I recall correctly, you need post-Goht items for both of those.

It depends really, even though the GC version is glitched as you can do a fair bit then save, just take your time when doing it and don't rush other-wise it will crash. As i found out when i Goron rolled into Milk Road and it crashed.

I guess I can just owl statue save, copy, start etc along the way, I did that when I re-did those bits I lost. However, I stupidly forgot to go collect my sword on the 3rd day and saved, and didn't realise til my mate asked me how I was going the day after, so I had to bloody kill goht, blow the races, win the races, do the sword stuff etcetc and get the Rupees again! I'm just before Great Bay atm(as I'm just telling Fused) but I think I've basically done everything in my power to be done before going there. I recall the mask of stone is bloody helpful for it!

I guess I can just owl statue save, copy, start etc along the way, I did that when I re-did those bits I lost. However, I stupidly forgot to go collect my sword on the 3rd day and saved, and didn't realise til my mate asked me how I was going the day after, so I had to bloody kill goht, blow the races, win the races, do the sword stuff etcetc and get the Rupees again! I'm just before Great Bay atm(as I'm just telling Fused) but I think I've basically done everything in my power to be done before going there. I recall the mask of stone is bloody helpful for it!

Yes, the Stone Mask is useful especially around the Ikana area. I haven't been on Majora's Mask for a long time, so i can't remember half of the game until i turn it back on then it all will come flooding back.

Have you upgraded to the Guilded Sword yet (the one that is made using the Gold Dust).

Yeah, that's the one I forgot to pick up so I had to go and redo it all! I'm about to fire it up now, try and get everything done between Great Bay and the 3rd Temple/Dungeon, with the two skulltula houses too, cos Fused seems to be breezing ahead of me and I can't be having that! :D

The water temple always puts me off though, whilst not being quite as bad as OoT's, I do recall it being frustrating.

Well, it's easier for you because you've already finished the game once or twice....:laughing:

And another thing. I found out I did the stupidest thing. I forgot ONE zora egg at Pinnacle Rock and there's no Golden Seahorse to be found, so I'll have to follow the signs REALLY CAREFULLY in order for me to reach Pinnacle Rock once more.

I'm not going back in time and do the Fortress all over again, NO WAY!

(Them Beavers were funny though. That's something you don't often see in a Zelda game, THE BEAVERS MUST RETURN!)

Well, it's easier for you because you've already finished the game once or twice....:laughing:

And another thing. I found out I did the stupidest thing. I forgot ONE zora egg at Pinnacle Rock and there's no Golden Seahorse to be found, so I'll have to follow the signs REALLY CAREFULLY in order for me to reach Pinnacle Rock once more.

I'm not going back in time and do the Fortress all over again, NO WAY!

(Them Beavers were funny though. That's something you don't often see in a Zelda game, THE BEAVERS MUST RETURN!)

Hah. I did it without the golden Seahorse as well the first time I did it.

Fantastic game. I'd love to see a remake of this and Ocarina with updated Wii visuals.

Won't happen of course, but it'd be cool.

________

Subaru Sumo

Edited by Ronnie

Fantastic game. I'd love to see a remake of this and Ocarina with updated Wii visuals.

Won't happen of course, but it'd be cool.

not much of an update then? :D

but seriously though i'd rather them either wait until motion control is fully realised and useable in third persn games and hd graphics.

An update now wouln't change much.

If they made it as pretty as they did TP, then maybe I see where he's coming from, though there's something about the OoT and MM graphics I like, it all feels kind of...not dank, but a bit murky but not in a bad way for me, I guess. Sort of rough around the edges? I wouldn't say no to a TP style remake of them both, though.

I need to get on with finishing this sometime soon anyhow, not done much since I finished Great Bay temple, need to head onto Ikana and also get some more of the sidequests done now!

Got this on the Virtual Console (my first VC purchase!) because I wanted to play it again so badly. Pretty early on, not even in the first temple yet, just running around the town/field getting myself re-accquainted with the area and people. I'd forgotten about the bombers notebook and the massive number of sidequests! I'm already getting confused though - wanting to do the Kafei/Anju mission thing but you have to be places at such specific times its really difficult. I admit I ended up looking at a walkthrough to find out when/where Kafei would be at one point :blush:

SO who'll finish it first Rummy :laughing:

All I need is one clean day, but with school, layton, scribblenauts, metroid prime trilogy, Kirby: Mouse Attack and Little King's Story it's going to be difficult...

:o! I'm still literally just after Great Bay, but are thinking finish it as in kill the big bad bossies, or finish as in finish it with 100% everything? Because...I think I'm gonna have to try and beat you to both!

Well, completing it 100% will take some walkthroughs and a lot o' time if you'd ask me and there are other gems waiting for me to play them. So I'll just finish the story and that Kafei sidequest at some point.......Still have no idea when:laughing:

Funny that we sort o' stopped playing at the same time, .....are our brains connected?

Just done the swampy temple, now moved onto snowhead and the temple there. Bringing back some great memories, and I'm really enjoying it! Certainly won't beat you two to 100% though, unless I play it to death during freshers week in the daytime, when there will be basically nothing to do!

Oh my, a challenger appears! At this rate you'll probably easily beat us to finishing Nintendohnut! I might do the bits leading up to the 4th temple sometime tonight, but theres something about after the desert bit that just always puts me off. I think it was the annoying reptition of that song that makes statues, but I guess I'll see later on.

I was on another website discussing the greatest games of the last decade and naturally I had to mention this (only just qualified though), but doing so has also inspired me to play this up again, no bad thing.

So, I decided to start that playthrough this morning and WOW, I still can't get over how fantastic this is.

Haven't bothered advancing too much (currently on the way to Woodfall Temple) because I spent a while just milling around Clock Town trying to remember some of Bombers Notebook quests, and was surprised how much I had forgotten.

Absolutely thrilled to be back on this though and I'm actually quite pleased that there aren't too many new releases on the horizon that interest me, so I won't get sidetracked for a little while.

Absolutely thrilled to be back on this though and I'm actually quite pleased that there aren't too many new releases on the horizon that interest me, so I won't get sidetracked for a little while.

You lucky dawg you:wink:

My DSi is going to be buried in awesomeness the coming months.

Not to mention that I even ordered your avater:laughing:

Finishing MM is still a priority though, given the fact that I never played it before:blank:

I was on another website discussing the greatest games of the last decade and naturally I had to mention this (only just qualified though), but doing so has also inspired me to play this up again, no bad thing.

So, I decided to start that playthrough this morning and WOW, I still can't get over how fantastic this is.

Haven't bothered advancing too much (currently on the way to Woodfall Temple) because I spent a while just milling around Clock Town trying to remember some of Bombers Notebook quests, and was surprised how much I had forgotten.

I have been tempted for a while to restart this and Twilight Princess. Majora's Mask is just too cool. :)

I love all the buildup before the second dungeon. :D

I have been tempted for a while to restart this and Twilight Princess. Majora's Mask is just too cool. :)

I love all the buildup before the second dungeon. :D

Ive also had the urge to play TP. Ive only finished it the once and that was back at week after the Wii launch.

Ive also had the urge to play TP. Ive only finished it the once and that was back at week after the Wii launch.

That's the same situation for me, too. It's been waaaay too long.

I loved playing it. Really found it magical, particularly when it was released around Christmas time. :) I'm excited about starting it again.