N-Europe

I've just had a bath for the first time in aages, years even maybe, and now I feel rather nice and awesome(because there's something up with the shower mind, for anyone about to bust out a terrible joke), and should shortly be going to surbiton via camden for a few days to hang and chill with my mate, nice weekend break! Though I'm slightly feeling like some time at home, I shan't sell him out...only that bath has made me feel well lazy!

I got to stay in bed until noon again today, yay! I wish I could do that every day, haha. Could still sleep more though right now, sleep is so nice!

Haven't really done anything yet today. Been staring at one of my school assignments for ages but don't really know what to do with it. Stupid animation... Anyone know anything cool I could do with a swimming fish? Like, what I could transform it into or whatever? No?

I got to stay in bed until noon again today, yay! I wish I could do that every day, haha. Could still sleep more though right now, sleep is so nice!

Haven't really done anything yet today. Been staring at one of my school assignments for ages but don't really know what to do with it. Stupid animation... Anyone know anything cool I could do with a swimming fish? Like, what I could transform it into or whatever? No?

Transform it into a jellyfish or a shark or something, then a human :yay:

Made a nice video Jamie and Mike Chronicles, photos from 2008. :)

---------

My day yesterday was brill. Went out after work for drinks, La Tasca, Sangria, drinks, karaoke and drinks. It was one of the best nights I've had in a long time....possibly the best post-work drinky-poodles ever? Who knows. But yeah.

So La Tasca was awesomeage. 50% off food bill voucher + a friend came up with some free jugs of Sangria. Food was immense.

Then to a pub for karaoke and fun. The DJ/Karaoke person is the greatest person in the world, first recognising my t-shirt and introducing me as Green Lantern, then playing various awesome songs, then showing the Will Ferrell/Pearl landlord video, and generally being sicko. God he rocks.

My friend is leaving next week. :( So we sang her Goodbye by Spice Girls to her, (as she sat a foot or so in front of us) very heartfelt...and expertly executed, then....erm...Babycakes by Spenno and Vanden and I, and erm....what was the last...one....? Spenno sang Shaggy (online soon) and...oh yeah I sang that.....Woman song...with Helen...? Yeah.

Nailed it hard yo'/

Awesome. Night. ~See User Image Gallery, which confirms the awesomeness that I claim was present~

How about putting it through accelerated evolution? So it would be swimming along minding its own business when suddenly a pair of legs could sprout and its fins would shrink, and so the animation would show the confusion and surprise of the fish as it tries to work out what's going on.

Or, for something a bit less ambitious, have a goldfish swim from its home to a friend's and pass by increasingly bizarre things along the way — sunken cities, UFOs, whatever — and when its friend asks if it saw anything interesting have it say, "Nope." Because, you know, the whole memory thing...

Yeah.

Transform it into a jellyfish or a shark or something, then a human :yay:

Yeah, I want to have a human being in there somewhere, so I might have it somehow transform into a human... though not directly, heh. Too difficult.

Can't do this flash :(, bloody stupid thing. Need help.

Flash is evil. If I knew anything about it I would help you, but alas, I don't. =(

How about putting it through accelerated evolution? So it would be swimming along minding its own business when suddenly a pair of legs could sprout and its fins would shrink, and so the animation would show the confusion and surprise of the fish as it tries to work out what's going on.

Or, for something a bit less ambitious, have a goldfish swim from its home to a friend's and pass by increasingly bizarre things along the way — sunken cities, UFOs, whatever — and when its friend asks if it saw anything interesting have it say, "Nope." Because, you know, the whole memory thing...

Yeah.

Heh, the thing is that this is supposed to be an "artistic" sort of thing, so no text or words or whatever, just the animation and lots of different styles and techniques and whatever. I just don't have a clue what to put in this animation, and my teacher never makes sense with his broken Dutch. D:

Thanks though for the help. =)

Heh, the thing is that this is supposed to be an "artistic" sort of thing, so no text or words or whatever, just the animation and lots of different styles and techniques and whatever. I just don't have a clue what to put in this animation, and my teacher never makes sense with his broken Dutch. D:

Hmm, well in that case how about a sequence of fish being progressively eaten by bigger fish, each one being rendered in a different style? So the first creature might be little more than basic geometric plankton — think flOw or, indeed, Electroplankton — but as you progress up the food chain the styles become more detailed and layered. I know you're not really into doing abstract stuff, but I'm not suggesting it has to be all neon glows and vector imagery: each stage could represent the stages you go through when drawing, so from basic pencilled circles and squares, through to inked lines, then flat shading, then texturised, etcetera.

And now I'm going to shut up.

Awesome. Night. ~See User Image Gallery, which confirms the awesomeness that I claim was present~
Yeah last night was brilliant, was one of the best iv'e had in ages and i've avoided a hangover too \o/

and yeah it's shit that Helens leaving, I like our work group :(

Last night was indeed awesome, had such a good time! Was just all really funny; lost my voice today from laughing/singing/speaking loudly. Oh yeah and someone properly stitched me up on the karaoke, somehow ended up on my own with the mic, Kate Bush's Wuthering Heights playing, a song I don't really know and/or like, after about a minute of humiliation I just put down the mic and wandered off... bastards! Still, awesome night. Spenno I don't know how you're not hungover, I still feel...delicate, haha. Also, I may cry when Helen leaves, it is totally gutting!

Today, meant to be going out again in Watford later, but I don't think it's happening tbh. Some dvds arrived from play, might just stay in and watch them.

I don't really know why I'm at uni, I need to go back to junior school level..>_>

Shush, you. If you knew how to do everything off the bat then you'd have no need for university, right? Everyone is there to learn, not be a know-it-alls! You're great, stop worrying.

And that's the closest I can get to being helpful as I know nothing about Flash. Sorry!

Feel downbeat today. Been thinking too much about things and need a proper break from everything. I know I've just come off of the back of a month long xmas break from Uni but by a proper break I mean almost holiday like. Just need to get away from the familar and into some place strange and new. Everywhere I look there are constant reminders of things current and past that I wish I didn't have to look at but can't do anything with. Just sick of the same basic routine and can't seem to shake it no matter what I do and there's no one around to help out when I need them. The use of escapist mediums such as watching Terminator: TSCC and the Dudesons as well as listening to music isn't really helping as such, although the music is working more than the watching of tv.

Did go out today but crowded shops just annoy me and everyone just expects you to get out of the way even though there's such a thing as give and take but everyone just seems to be on take mode. Can't even get a look in shops without getting pushed out of the way.

As for this evening, haven't a clue what I'm doing. Probably just sit down with a couple of movies and some beer.

is there no one on your course who can help? im no good with flash (never used it) but i do know the cant do it feeling.

The people who can do it, aren't helping and the people who can't are struggling to find help just like me. It's one thing to be able to search for things, I can do that, sure, but scripting a whole level..when I've only been told how to make it move and jump...is another thing.

Crazy, been searching for hours now :yay:

The people who can do it, aren't helping and the people who can't are struggling to find help just like me. It's one thing to be able to search for things, I can do that, sure, but scripting a whole level..when I've only been told how to make it move and jump...is another thing.

Crazy, been searching for hours now :yay:

no lecturers who could help?

I woke up at 4pm! :awesome:

Most of my flat and I went to the Union's F-Party (me and a couple of others went as Frat Boys - easy and excuses excessive alcohol consumption...), and I was very pleased to find Corona was on special offer. At about 2, I found a group of friends who I danced with till the end of the club (effectively ditching my flatmates - whoops). People slowly started leaving, and in the end 4 of us were walking back across campus (once the club shut) when we ran into one of our group's flatmates, who, whilst somewhat intoxicated, invited us (and everyone else in a 100m radius) back the their flat. We piled in, drank hot chocolate (woo!) and chatted about the kind of things you chat about when you're all a bit drunk and it's 3:30am.

I walked a friend of mine back to her flat, and got into bed at about 4. I've never fallen asleep so quickly!

In hindsight, it's a good thing I walked my friend back to her flat - a girl was approached by a man on campus later in the night, who took her to a wooded are near the Cathedral where he raped her. :(

no lecturers who could help?

Sent an email and talked to another guy in class. Apprently we don't need any movement at all as long as we have some form of animation available to view! :shakehead..yet they made it out as though it has to be a full level. Grr.

So now instead of worrying that my character only moves and jumps..I can worry about making an animation clip. MUCHOS EASIER!

I've also found out that I have alot less in my bank than I thought I did..whoops. So the next two weeks is about saving ^_^. Luckily gym is now ''free'' and such, so that's good.

Time to relax through animating. Wheeee..I like it when I get that stressed, because when it sorts itself out, it's much better. :heart:

Ok this is weird. I turned my phone on for like the first time in months and I instantly got a message which has been sitting in limbo since last sunday asking me where I am as some guy or girl is at some place called Mosaic waiting for me. Now, the weird thing is I've never seen the number before and it's a London mobile because it has to be given that the only club/place named Mosaic is in Sutton Surrey. How in the hell then did he/she get my number? Fuck, it's more illusive than Bigfoot.

i spent 4-5 hours chatting with a girl i like over msn. she makes me look at her photos, tell her what i think, bassicly fishing for compliments, getting me to tell her shes hot. yet she isnt interested in me. (just not attracted to me was how she put it)

i have two questions.

1. why is she doing this to me?

2. why am i doing this to myself?