Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

I tell you what, popped into Newport today mainly to see Yes Man in the cinema and a mooch in the shops afterwards.

Numerous shops were crammed with people, GAME had a queue to get into the shop at 2pm, mostly because the shop was crammed. Gamestation similar to the point of no moving no queue. HMV was hard to find anything as usual, good job the Blu-Ray section is out the way so easy to find.

Staff were all rude in all three of these shops, do you see why i shop online these days. Not only is it easy, but there are no rude staff and you find what you want minus elbows.

God, it's no wonder I'm depressed with all you cream-loving wierdos for company!

Speaking of wierdos, I seem to be suffering from a Valkyria Chronicles version of the Tetris effect: I was instinctively selecting which threads were of the highest priority to click on first so that I didn't waste AP choosing the wrong one and having to backtrack. Not that I'm going to stop playing, as it's amazing.

Now if you'll excuse me I must go and make a cup of tea; it's going to be close, I only have one CP left this turn.

Today was quite busy!!

Me and Jordan went on a train to Huddersfield - but the one we got was actually to leeds >.<

So we got to leeds, then got another train to Huddersfield - where Jordan got an eye test at Boots..

Then we went to Domstercool's house and played Rockband/Mortal Combat vs Dc Universe.

Went to town. It was massive fucking crazy (to steal an expression from Chris Lowell). Got some stuff from Lush and gave up and went to work which dragged. Plus the mehish-somewhat-clueless girl was in charge who always seems to worry about nothing. I used one chip and pin machine after the til it was attached to had been closed off (as you can use them cross til and everything) as mine had stopped working and she got all worried and I was like "pull a new X-read and you're fine...".

Although we quid pro quo'ed with the staff at Pizza Hut which was fun :D

Came back, ate and then suffered a mindfuck orgasm because of BSG.

God damnit, Aria made a mistake with my order, so they had to got City Link to return it mid-delivery. Now I'm having to wait through two bank holidays and a weekend before I know if they've even got my email enquiring where my stuff is (they still have it).

Gahh! :mad:

I just made the silly mistake of checking my assignment due dates before I went to bed. One is in for the 5th and while its mostly done I'm still panicking.

Wrote myself a day by day action plan for everything until the 19th when my last one is due. Just checked and I have 11 sources thus far. He wants at least 15. Thankfully I found a pre-done bibliography for the same essay essentially (thanks Birkbeck) so I shall pillage that. But I need to ensure this is top notch as its one of my main ones for my postgrad application.

Thanks guys, but you really needn't worry. All jokes aside I almost certainly have some form of clinical depression, but who cares? I've been this way for years and I'm still here; capitalising a term doesn't change anything. Were I to seek a professional diagnosis it would purely be out of curiosity.

Anyway, this isn't very cheery! Someone post something seasonal.

Yeah, i've had it for at least 4 years now..but it's getting worse and i'm thinking things i shouldn't be. Next year i've decided i may as well see someone about it, who could give me the medication i need..i'm scared..really scared..even though it's something which may help me...saying that i think i found a cure bout a month or so ago and now that person isn't in my life anymore..the depression has come back, strange..Perhaps it's cause i was experiencing things i never have before, thus taking my mind of things..i don't know..:(

EDIT: Ashley what did i tell you? Try not to get stressed, just makes things worse fella! (Easier said then done, i know!)

Yeah, i've had it for at least 4 years now..but it's getting worse and i'm thinking things i shouldn't be. Next year i've decided i may as well see someone about it, who could give me the medication i need..i'm scared..really scared..even though it's something which may help me...saying that i think i found a cure bout a month or so ago and now that person isn't in my life anymore..the depression has come back, strange..Perhaps it's cause i was experiencing things i never have before, thus taking my mind of things..i don't know..:(

EDIT: Ashley what did i tell you? Try not to get stressed, just makes things worse fella! (Easier said then done, i know!)

I'd be careful about seeing someone about it. Obviously it's an awful thing but as soon as it's marked on your medical files it closes a lot of doors. My best mate went through it after all the things he'd seen in the army over in Iraq and Afghanistan. Luckily he had an awesome commanding officer who helped him through it. Not that this applies to anyone here, but in today's society i think we're all a little rash to tag feeling a little down as depression. I've seen a lot of people come of worse after going on meds than before they started.

Yeah living on medications isn't a fun thing. It really doesn't solve the problem at hand.

TBH I think people feeling this way would be better going to talk to someone (maybe even open up to a friend, or see a professional) and make changes to their life. Adding drugs to your life does NOT make you feel better. The added health risks may not be a concern for somebody right now, but years down the line it might decide to stab you in the face.

I pretty much live on medications myself (for other reasons), and I know a few people that have had drugs thrown at them for depression. It just made their lives worse and they wish they had never started taking them.

Thats a great problem with society, the average person can't afford therapy and you're more likely to get prescribed drugs than a therapist. Its a good thing about education at least, there tends to be a counsillor you can speak to.

How about the herbal alternative St Johns Wort? See if that is of any help.

If you're more likely to get a prescription than a counsellor then you need to write to someone about your GP...

Maybe it was hyperbole on my part but considering a fair few members of my family are on anti-depressants and none of them have ever seen a counsellor (granted, could be my family chosing not to).

Another exciting day of uni work and BSG for me.

Considering using henna to just give my hair a red tint. Anyone used henna before and how effective is it? (specifically I'll just buy some at lush rather than make my own)

If you're more likely to get a prescription than a counsellor then you need to write to someone about your GP...

Its true - seems to be an easy "solution". Not once has my registered GP advised me to do yoga/pilates, or take vitamins to help my arthritis. They are far to keen to throw brufen at you for pains. I only got referred to a Physiotherapist and Rhematologist after asking to see a different (and much better) GP.

Edit: @ ashley - Henna guide