Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

I have a fever. My bones are ice, my skin on fire, and just in case there was an outside chance of being comfortable I also have a rather crippling headache. I'm pretty sure you can't be annoyed to death, though, so it's just a matter of time before it goes away. You have to wonder why they bother, really.

Also I don't have anything else to say, so pretend I said something smart or insightful.

Hey, hope you feel better soon! Bundle up in bed with a hot chocolate (or something cold to drink, I don't know) and get better!

I have a fever. My bones are ice, my skin on fire, and just in case there was an outside chance of being comfortable I also have a rather crippling headache. I'm pretty sure you can't be annoyed to death, though, so it's just a matter of time before it goes away. You have to wonder why they bother, really.

Also I don't have anything else to say, so pretend I said something smart or insightful.

get some were tempid, alow bones to cool skin and skin to warm bones. as for the head ache, drink pleanty of water.

I think getting lots of sleep helps. Eating to keep your energy up, sleeping for rest. And then, just keeping your spirits up.

Hey, hope you feel better soon! Bundle up in bed with a hot chocolate (or something cold to drink, I don't know) and get better!

Thanks. I've been paying a lot of attention to my bed today, and it's incredibly boring. Not that it isn't good advice, I just can't stand not being able to do anything; illness annoys me more than anything.

get some were tempid, alow bones to cool skin and skin to warm bones. as for the head ache, drink pleanty of water.

I'm not sure what that first part means — sorry, I'm not having a go! — but I've been drinking water like a... I can't even think of an appropriate simile. Curse you, headache!

Wait, "get somewhere tepid"? Yeah, that makes sense, and is also good advice! Ta.

I think getting lots of sleep helps. Eating to keep your energy up, sleeping for rest. And then, just keeping your spirits up.

I'd be more than willing to sleep if I could just stop shivering/sweating. But I'm sure I'll recover in time for work tomorrow; it's always the way. I may give eating another try, and my spirits are rather stoical at the moment. I do hope yours improve, though; you're not a failure, and if I could walk I'd come around and give you a good slap for thinking so!

Nearly a thousand words done! Don't think it's a very good essay, mind you. I'm trying to remember the new assessment regulations; I think if you fail one piece of assessment you don't have to retake it, but the whole module gets capped at 40%. Maybe. Or maybe it was something else, like you can get 30% and 60% and so long as it averages out as more than 40% you're fine.

BORED NOW. Been doing this since 11am and it's BORING. Now it's getting to the time where my distractions of the forum and facebook will stutter thanks to people all obsessed with sleep and work tomorrow and not entertaining jayseven. Bleh.

Man, not having the internet sucks.

However, last night me and Letty did something epic. We had a leak under our bathroom sink and I took it apart to investigate. We opened to find the most unholy smell I've ever had the displeasure of entering my nose. At this point, I was almost throwing up and I had to get Letty to clean out all the shit (basically 20-30 years of hair, soap and muck) from the drain. Thankfully, when we put it back together, the leak had stopped. So, although we almost died in the process... All's well :)

Man that is right up there with the Trojan War, bro.

I got my spinning pot noodle fork in the post yesterday! It's... rather crap, really. Doesn't aid in Pot Nootle eating at all. Been up for nearly 24 hours so faaar... About to trek to uni and fail at printing my essay on single sides of paper. Uni frowns upon essays being handed in on paper printed on both sides, and I just can't figure out the library printers. Sigh. Then I get a lift to floor 11 to find that the hand-in is on floor 9, or vice-versa. Either way I will walk four flights of stairs, then stumble home and sleeeeeeeeep for a few hours. *sighs*

And yes! Fucking canes.

Hmmf, woke up this morning at 6 from a nightmare, some animal things were biting people so they'd eat this weird kfc meal thing, my arm hurts now lol.

Lost my tweezers also, not fucking impressed, they cost like £10 (mostly because of the brand in superdrug, at the time had to get black ones so my sister knew they weren't hers and therefore didn't steal them) hmmf my eyebrows are a mess and I'm sick of looking at them.

Boo at spots also, it's been a while since I've had a painful spot. Going to go into town at 12 and try and see if I can get this blue hoodie from new look and hand in my application for whsmiths.

Also because of my application I realise I have never done anything worthwhile in my entire life. The only thing I can think of is graduating college to get into uni..

dear lord..

GAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!

First; the weather is shite, and my trousers look like I wet myself. Second; the lights at the end of the road that crosses the ring road aren't working for any direction on the crossroad, nor the pedestrian lights. It's like playing frogger, only with much faster trucks and buses. Third; got to uni, returned books, found a £4 fuicking fine and that hotmail won't send yourself an attachment, or something, so basically I've had to come all the way home in teh fucking rain and across the shitty death-junction with faux-pee trousers looking a fool, and now I've sent it to nightwolf so she can print it (rather than me having to spend 30 mins finding a computer and hacking the mental printers)... and I just have to make the trip via hers to uni then back again THEN I CAN SLEEEEEEEEEEP. I am thinking of running a sweepstakes on what mark I get. Any takers?

Sidenote; since/during my essay I watched 7 eps of One Piece (done 50 now), four eps of Supernatural season 2 and about 4 house season 1. Productive day!

haha ^_^!

Nah it's not self hate, it's more...why the hell haven't I done anything besides education? I really need to get off my arse and do something :heh:

Well that's not your fault. We've had mandatory education all our lives. You took the plunge yourself by going into college and soon university.

Fact is there is nothing to do really, apart from getting a job and raising the monies and doing something.

A chap I serve at work, he was talking about as soon as his kids reach 17-18, he's kicking them out to make their own way in the world. Saying for others all they need is the balls to go out and do something extreme, an example of picking fruit in France or something. I think it would be a good idea [i'd prefer Australia], but I'm not sure I'd have the balls to go to Aussieland with the little monies I have and try it.

Anyone up for it?

Well that's not your fault. We've had mandatory education all our lives. You took the plunge yourself by going into college and soon university.

Fact is there is nothing to do really, apart from getting a job and raising the monies and doing something.

A chap I serve at work, he was talking about as soon as his kids reach 17-18, he's kicking them out to make their own way in the world. Saying for others all they need is the balls to go out and do something extreme, an example of picking fruit in France or something. I think it would be a good idea [i'd prefer Australia], but I'm not sure I'd have the balls to go to Aussieland with the little monies I have and try it.

Anyone up for it?

haha oh dear. I suppose I could just put education down, I mean for me to get into uni was a pretty big thing.

It might just kick me up the bum and make me do the midnight walk next year too.

Rez 80% is about genius level for assignments and 40% is pass. I read jayseven's assignment and I think he'll definately pass, maybe 50/60%

Just had my head hit against a door, lovely, now I has headache, damnit :heh:

Hmmm. I reckon Jay can muster a 78%. Hes a smart lad.

Na. When I say 'target' I don't mean pass target, I mean that 60% or above is a solid effort that Ja should be aiming for. I got a 78 once in 3 years and only ever came close again on my last ever essay.

My average over 2 years (1st year doesn't count) was 63%, which nets you a 2:1 degree.