Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

My day has been short, I woke up at 12 and haven't really done much except tidy around the house. But in a spot of good news, I now have an offer from Leicester university to study Politics :D I still don't know what the offer actually is but I have a confirmation letter through the post and I apparently should expect a UCAS update very soon.

Woke up, fannyed around for a bit, went for a bike ride, now I'm here. That pretty much sums up my day.

The bike ride was awesome though. Went down one road where the road was the only part that wasn't flooded. As far as I could see to the left and right was water with trees poking up. It was amazing. Wish I had took my camera.

Went for a little drive, I hate how my dad conflicts with my concept of justice. I hate when adults/teachers were always like "Ah ah! No excuses!" and kept interrupting you when you tried to explain your story to them. He was doing that today. Like "Why are you on the kerb!?" and then I say "Well, it's hardly intentional, and I said I couldn't judge it properly" and he did the same thing, like "No excuses!".

Well stop asking me. I hate injustice, when people can't tell their side of the story.

Went for a little drive, I hate how my dad conflicts with my concept of justice. I hate when adults/teachers were always like "Ah ah! No excuses!" and kept interrupting you when you tried to explain your story to them. He was doing that today. Like "Why are you on the kerb!?" and then I say "Well, it's hardly intentional, and I said I couldn't judge it properly" and he did the same thing, like "No excuses!".

Well stop asking me. I hate injustice, when people can't tell their side of the story.

Oh my god I know. People like you really have it tough :cry:

Just joking m8

To be fair, you shouldn't be going up kerbs when driving..its bloody dangerous and can't damage the car in certain situations, so excuses aren't going to be adequate...

I was parking, and there was no one there...if I'd been speeding along the road, yeah fine. I wouldn't have been so blase about it.

I just don't get why having an excuse is viewed in such a negative light. Sure, people can make up lies to excuse themselves from consequences that they deserve, but usually that's pretty obvious when that's the case.

I don't understand when people aren't allowed to have their say. [/leaving the topic of driving]

Ah driving, someday I'll do it myself. Someday.

I haven't done much the last two days. Just been trying to work for school (and failing) and playing Spirit Tracks (fun game!).

Our house constantly seems to look like a building site, with my parents redoing parts of the house. They did the attic two/three weeks ago, now someone is coming in to redo the wall in the living room so we can someday have a fireplace built there. House looks like a mess now heh.

Also, I'm a bit upset about what's been happening in Haiti. Wish there was something I could do but of course I can't. Donated a bit of money but yeah...

I've got a 9.30 exam tomorrow for which I've done no revision. (We've already got the questions). I also missed my alarm and didn't get up 'til 12.30. Which means I'm gonna struggle to get to sleep tonight and I have to be up early tomorrow. I also have no food in the house.

Been in your position, mate. Give it a couple of hours worth of reading up, at least. Contemplate the all-nighter option - you can cram more stuff but your concentration will be all over the place...

Er, yeah. Perhaps try to go to bed NAOW and wake up at 3 or 4am and cram from there?

An ice cream van just pulled up outside. It's pitch black, the middle of winter and most students haven't even come back yet.

In Leeds there's this van that only ever does its circuits at like 11pm, and in areas where there are no kids, only students. We're pretty sure it's a drug van.

Been playing Batman in Hard - one seriously seriously seriously hard bit kept me angered for hours - after you've stopped Joker poisoning the water supply you head back up and enter a smallish round room with three lifts - a Titan comes out the middle door then the other two lifts keep binging out another 4-8 enemies.

Still, after all this I think I'm an utter pro at the combat now. Should make the challenges a bit easier - but I'm still just using B and Y. That 'use all combat techniques' achievement is a way off, yet.

I've just made spaghetti with meatballs - made the sauce from scratch and it was absolutely spiffing, old boy.

So not a very exciting day! This evening shall be more batman, some Donnie Brasco, and maybe monkey island. Enjoying my days off!

Tomorrow I need to go to UNI and to the BANK. MUST NOT FORGET.

[/boringlifeofjames]

Moogle: Pearson terrace, near Hyde Park :)

I was gonna say, definitely drugs. There was one in Fallowfield (Manc).

Today I have been swatting for Tuesday. Pretty bored to be honest. I'm going to London tomorrow and staying in a hotel just by Lambeth Bridge so I can easily be there when it starts at 7.30am.

Also helped to take Kath (elderly neighbour) to hospital which was a bit harrowing considering she was in excruciating pain/is really old.

I just don't get why having an excuse is viewed in such a negative light. Sure, people can make up lies to excuse themselves from consequences that they deserve, but usually that's pretty obvious when that's the case.

I don't understand when people aren't allowed to have their say. [/leaving the topic of driving]

Really if your a learner, that should be your excuse. When I did it with my instructor he always remarked on it was fine because you learn from that.

Shite person you've got imo.

Really if your a learner, that should be your excuse. When I did it with my instructor he always remarked on it was fine because you learn from that.

Shite person you've got imo.

I don't think it was his instructor.

Today I have been swatting for Tuesday. Pretty bored to be honest. I'm going to London tomorrow and staying in a hotel just by Lambeth Bridge so I can easily be there when it starts at 7.30am.

Is this for a job? What is it your going for?

Had not too great day today. Slept in far too late then only had time for shopping, which turned into an almighty row with the gf for reasons which I won't go into. Now she's away for a week so it will no doubt spill into next weekend when she's back and mess that up too. I was also meant to get back to some guy about a job he thought I might be interested in. I'm not that interested but thought I should get back to them anyway and follow it up. Just to see what's out there really.

Meh, I need something to cheer me up a bit this evening.