Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Guest Captain Falcon

Good news my end - I got a 2.1 degree!!! Hurrah! I literally only just got it too, I've struggled for the last 4 bloody years with it and thankfully my hard work in the last year paid off!

So I'm obviously rather happy :)

Congrats dude.

I got a 2:1 back in the day and only just scraped it myself so I know a little how you feel.

Fucks sake, hazard perception can kiss my ass. I really just cannot get this right. I'm in for a long night of revision i thinks :(

Theory tomorrow! I'm pretty much expecting to fail on the basis of the hazard perception.

nah, it'l be fine, just take it easy and don't panic

Have faith child!

Good news my end - I got a 2.1 degree!!! Hurrah! I literally only just got it too, I've struggled for the last 4 bloody years with it and thankfully my hard work in the last year paid off!

So I'm obviously rather happy :)

well done dude! i missed my 2:1 by 2%, but glad you got yours!

I love the feeling post seizure, I must've had one early this morning, but I've still got the knackered wasted feeling.

Work's going to be mounds of fun.

A banging 7 hour shift with a small break. My tongue is absolutely killing me. I tried sticking it in some ice water which numbed it for a bit. But then you have to eat something and the pain is there where you're trying to get bits out of your teeth.

Well done Pook; I somehow missed the good news, that's awesome :D

As for me, had a bit of an off day personally. I've been trying to rekindle my love for writing but I keep getting distracted and I can feel my standards slipping, something I'm not too happy about. I've been attempting to write a new blog entry for a few days and keep ending up scrapping it for one reason or another. I just can't seem to find the words to put down what's in my mind. Nonetheless, I have decided that I'm going to publish a new entry tonight, I'm thinking that getting something out there might help me get out of the slump I'm in right now.

it is rejecting sleep because you didn't go to bed until, what, 5am this morning? I woke up at 5pm thursday and haven't slept since, just because I'm trying to reset and get to grips with normal Time -- only now I think I'm going to overrun and sleep 'til 3pm or something, and ruin the whole thing.

Today! I've been drinking lots, as expected. I wrote some ignoramous poetry about mice and smoke, I made some excellent pasta, watched a lot of Bones, convinced myself of marriage and tried to see a doc about my BRAIN but they were closed, so I felt silly, talked to myself a lot in the mirror, got slightly sunburned for lying naked by my window for hours on the phone, gave up on life then suddenly gave down on it again, missed a chance to hang with Dan Dare, smoked a lot and generally lived a depressing, but somehow self-gratifying day.

I love/hate my life.

No, no, still awake since. I think I will try to fall asleep for a few hours. Either that for watch the sunrise on my ceiling.

I am going to do lots of exercise later today and try to fall asleep at like... 10 (at night)!

Edited by Wesley

I was going to go to sleep about an hour or so ago, but I decided against it. Since then I have found out that you can claim Facebook usernames in all of 15 minutes, so I'm making it my goal tonight to claim the url http://www.facebook.com/awesome. And if I fail, so be it, but at least I can be safe in the knowledge that I gave it a shot.

I've also been writing quite a large volume of text tonight. Started off with a blog post at midnight in which I found it impossible to write and ended up with me spilling my brain in to j7s thread and not really knowing when to stop typing, just going with the flow so to speak.

Dyson! *high five* I am also thinking that doing this may make me happy and achieved-ness and therefore sleep inducive. I was thinking of claiming Hitler or some obvious tag, but I think Wesley will do.

Or claim Islam...

Dyson! *high five* I am also thinking that doing this may make me happy and achieved-ness and therefore sleep inducive. I was thinking of claiming Hitler or some obvious tag, but I think Wesley will do.

Or claim Islam...

I'd highly recommend going for Wesley. Apparantly it hasn't been taken, and I imagine it's one of those names that'd go quite quick. One that you'd "quite like" to have.

Claiming a country name would be awesome though. I would go for Dyson but I fear that the company may have a go at me and get it changed.

Wesley was taken. I had Mackinder instead. I'm stunned that it was taken in... less than 10 seconds.

EDIT: Okay, so Wesley doesn't actually take you anywhere. Maybe they've disallowed only first names. Because of... I dunno, people really wanting them? Maybe people'd sell their accounts on eBay if they had things like... Dave, etc. I'm assuming that's what it is.

Well, I lost out on /awesome, and tried /winner and both were taken within seconds. Not surprised. Someone has also taken /index but I have a feeling Facebook will be all over them.

I was going to go for /dysonism seeing as it is my online alias where dyson is unavailable, but I ended up going for /speller, being my surname. I'm quite happy.

Ahhh, index, awesome! I just saw that Dave actually comes up with Dave Fetterman, but he's in a Microsoft and Harvard networks... so... seeing as where Facebook came from and who has money in it, maybe he just got it for being a... TOOL.

AGH, but wait. More random people have first names. How come I couldn't get mine and it's not taken. I am annoyed.

Passed my theory test woooooooooooooooooooo /o/

47/50 multiple choice and 53/75 for hazard perception!

Congrats Raining! I'm happy for you :yay: it must feel good to have the theory part done? - I know I was glad when I passed mine years back - now you can focus on the practical part. :)

Found out this morning that my sister has had her second child. It's a boy, Jake Thomas. Apparently he's pretty heavy. :heh: Looking after my niece at the moment and we'll be going to the hospital later this afternoon.

Passed my theory test woooooooooooooooooooo /o/

47/50 multiple choice and 53/75 for hazard perception!

As the mighty Cliff Richard once said, congratulations and jubilations!