NEurope

Just out of curiousity, how many people read their horoscope things in the papers/what-have-you on a regular basis? I've been reading it nearly everyday and while I know they are mainly a load of crap, I've noticed more and more over the last few weeks how completely inaccurate these things are. The least they could do is make them kind of believeable/accurate but everyone I read for Taurus has been way off.

I remember a few years ago back, I didn't go to college one day and I ended up killing some time and read my 'scope and it said take the day of! How did they know?! LOL Lucky coincidence me thinks. I don't know why there not banned, Im sure theres plenty of crazy people out there who do read them and alter their lives to fit in with what they have interpreted.

i moved in to my new place in london yesterday!! so i'm finally off of jamba's floor and i have my own bed :grin:

i thought my place would be a lot smaller!! now that all the other girl's stuff is moved out and the bed is around a different way (not right infront of the wall!) it feels much bigger!!

A jug of mojito, followed by a myriad of other drinks, made me crashed at the birthday girl's place after the party yesterday.

We watched Ferngully and I nodded off near the end of that. Great film. The name is Batty, the logic is erratic. That is certainly the last time I'm sleeping in a single with someone else. I woke up neatly pressed against the wall. Better than the floor I guess.

Played Left4Dead today. Going to read a non-uni related book now. Will probably doze off though. The joys of reading week.

I just had an overwhelming urge to make drop scones.

Now I've made some!

Oh, thank god. The Royal Mail finally got round to delivering an item I had sent over two weeks ago. Like for them it arrived today as I was about to print out the compensation form which would have left them £30 out of pocket.

*Someone in the office next door, ie same company calls at 9:15am ish*

*I promise a call back and add a message for a manager to call....this was already done on Friday, but I was just making it more clear*

*Someone sees this note, completely ignores both previous requests, writes on there that it has been actioned (which it hasn't) and notes that don't really relate to it at all, or make any sense including typos of words with one less letter than it should have and different letters (if its the word I think its meant to be)*

*Person calls back at 16:45, still hasn't received a call. I explain to him whats happened, and him and I agree its fucking pathetic*

*I add another message on, hopefully this time it won't be ignored.*

Fucking spastics.

If you know which oompany I work for, NEVER EVER EVER give this company and business whatsoever. IF YOU ARE, then cancel ALL your business with them, and go else where.

Honestly we're shit, and its not just my department its all of them. My friend who works here opened up something with us last month and is cancelling it because he was mis-sold, the phone help is shit and additional hidden charges etc.

BULLLSHIITTTT.

Just out of curiousity, how many people read their horoscope things in the papers/what-have-you on a regular basis? I've been reading it nearly everyday and while I know they are mainly a load of crap, I've noticed more and more over the last few weeks how completely inaccurate these things are. The least they could do is make them kind of believeable/accurate but everyone I read for Taurus has been way off.

If my step dad brings the paper home I check them out, along with the comics and the Dear Deidre [or whoever]. Mystic Meg always has those mystery predictions at the top, for "[Name] from [Place]", and it's always about something being worth alotta monies, example:

"ReZ from N-Europe: those pubes you cut off are valuable"

One I think I'll always remember vaguely in the local paper said something which basically made what it said previously obsolete. Some people are planning to wreck my plans, so I have to plan for it. But the people fail anyway.

UPDATE ON BRO BEING A PRICK:

After the mentionings of him buying a car from his mate and not being insured [i think I mentioned it ¬_¬] but he's been arrested for drink driving and driving without insurance. Mum is most angry but hasn't shouted like she normally does. He now "seems" to know he needs to do something, mainly jobwise. Since I have EEVIL-X back up he uses the laptop now, whenever I see him on it, he's on Facebook. All the fucking time.

He claims he's going to the job centre tomorrow [most likely bullshit], I recommended going on the job centre website since the format they have there for looking for jobs is exactly how the machines at the job centre work. He says he wasn't going to to because he can look there and, here's the king of today's bullshit "talk to the people behind the desks", looking on the website was "too much effort". I commented on how full of shit that concept was and if he can't be bothered to do something simple like that, how can he expect to get a job. Cue the line "Don't tell me what to fucking do", even if I did tell him to do something he wouldn't do it.

But so everyone knows, going to the job centre [which involves getting off your arse] and looking at their machines and talking to people behind the desk, is alot less effort than simply checking the website when you have the laptop on your lap. I was once a fool.

So today I drive into the city and park up in the same street I've been parking on for over a year-maybe even longer now. Just as I close my and lock my car door then I'm about to carefully start walking along the now icy path and a woman shouts out

"Excuse me!"

I turn around and she starts to shout from maybe 2-3 ft away about me not being allowed to park there because she has a letter from the police which says people are not allowed to park on the street. Bearing in mind it's a street with no parking restrictions/timed parking/residents only signs etc etc and everyone else is parking there. I say well I'm going to work and I'm not moving my car and start to walk away. But she is quick to add a very stupid comment along the lines of that she will get the local vandals to vandalize my car. I turn around and say well if that happens I'II know who to report to the police then to which she replies "Nothing to do with me Love" I walk onto work.

This evening I walk back to my car in the pouring rain (Snow/Ice is defeated!) and find two sticky bits of paper on either size of my driver/passenger side windows it simply reads.

YOU ARE NOT ALLOWED TO PARK HERE. PLEASE MOVE YOU CAR

There's no council/police marking/or anything official looking-so I'm guessing it's that stupid woman I spoke to earlier. Looking around there is a 4x4 Landrover with the same note applied to both of it's windows.

Wait and see if anything happens tomorrow I guess-Maybe I should inform the police just in case........

I did 3 hours work on a report. Excel crashed (through no fault of mine - what do you expect on an archaic computer with 256mb ram) and I lost it all.

Now I have to start it again tomorrow. Good job its not on a deadline.

*cry*

Cant hurt to inform the police then if something does happen there is a paper trail already.

Posted a few days ago that i got an application accepted for network rail for the placement year of my civil engineering degree course, had to do some online tests which i did. Got an email ten mins ago saying i was successful in them and i now have to do a phone interview. I've never had an interview in my life so was wondering if i could get any tips off anyone here? Some of you must have had a successful interview? :)

Thanks in advance!

If you know which oompany I work for, NEVER EVER EVER give this company and business whatsoever. IF YOU ARE, then cancel ALL your business with them, and go else where.

Honestly we're shit, and its not just my department its all of them. My friend who works here opened up something with us last month and is cancelling it because he was mis-sold, the phone help is shit and additional hidden charges etc.

Umm, that could be kinda tricky - they now control a massive chunk of their market, and the competition isn't exactly much different.

Went to my first "philosophical thinking" class today and I don't understand a word I've written in my notebook.

Umm, that could be kinda tricky - they now control a massive chunk of their market, and the competition isn't exactly much different.

Okay, I've never had any problem with Nat West. Go there everyone.

Trust me, they must be better than this shit.

IMAWAKE! Yes, linear can be cyclical. Just an ambidextrous dot, forgetting its keys, leaving the gas on, losing the cat; draw a circle on a piece of paper, then cut it out and hold it flat up to eye-level - round and round is just backwards and forwards.

ANYWAY! Invited folk over to my house, only the girls are coming. Gonna rockband-it-up and hope it's a good evening!

Nat West suck from my short experience with them. Although even though they declined me a student account, they still sent me a card and pin number with some amount of overdraft even though I told them to shove it. So it's sitting in my filing cabinet doing nothing. But all banks are the same really. No matter which one you pick you're always going to get a bum deal.

Waiting on a parcel from America is not fun. It's nearly been a week. The last parcel came in a few days. Hope the snow/ice isn't delaying it.

Also told a flatmate that didn't go to the lectures in the morning that what we learned was extremely important and that he needed to go in.

Sucks to be him if he believed me.

ReZ, 'some then else' IS NOT A PHRASE *bloodshot eyes* That is all. :)

Some when else......

It qualifies as a phrase because ;

A) You know what I meant.

B) I'm awesome.

Waiting on a parcel from America is not fun. It's nearly been a week. The last parcel came in a few days. Hope the snow/ice isn't delaying it.

It is.

This household is waiting for....9 parcels.

My god it's feckin freezing. It was -12 when I got up this morning.

My god it's feckin freezing. It was -12 when I got up this morning.

THAT is the one and only reason that I don't miss living in Inverness :heh:

I've just spent the last 30 minutes cleaning up after Letty. How much clutter can one person have?! Isn't this supposed to be my flat? Its slowly turning into "Letty's storage cupboard."

My kitchen table was covered in clothes for some fashion show thing shes doing, our bedroom as well, and the hallway just felt like some god damn school cloak room...

I'm not going to say anything to her, but hopefully she'll realise this and stop being so caught up in other things in life and realise i'm not here to clean up after her.

I still love her to bits, but jesus fucking christ. I basically have OCD when it comes to a place being clean and i nearly had a fit earlier!

Who else on this forum is REALLY messy?! How can do you DO that?!

You're not going to say anything to her, just leave this ever-so-subtle note for her, here? Tsk :P

I am messy, messy, messy. I still have stuff in a suitcase that I haven't unpacked since coming back from xmas at home. I live with an array of messy areas, so when I lose something I know it'll be in one of three places. Shorty and nami are constantly losing their phones/keys/wallets!

Jordan, you gave me an idea for a thread ^_^ To t' playground!

My housemate gets like that. Her stuff is everywhere.

Anyway since turning 22 my body seems to be deteriorating. Woke up with a foot that felt like it had been through a shredder yesterday and a throbbing knee (KNEEEEE!) this morning. Nice to get old.

horoscopes, if you belive in them, you should not be alowed to have kids/drive a car/eat a sandwitch without supperviison

I don't believe in them. I just find it interesting how completely off they are. And always a good laugh when reading.