NEurope

Saw TCCoBB which was awesome. Then driving home, as I was coming into my village there was black ice everwhere. Started to brake and it just didn't do anything, car was all over the place, that old chestnut of 'turn IN to the skid' is no good when it's actually happening. Was hurtling towards a road island when I got some traction and managed to stop. I'm all shook up. Whiiiiiskeey (please let someone have seen snuffbox and know what I'm talking about).

Damn that sounds scary. :(

Time for the screaming pillow again. I fucking hate this.

Sorry to quote Boyzone/Take That but

Things will only get better.

When it's half 1 in the morning (ie when you posted this) and you feel shit, remember this: things always look better in the morning. Always.

Literally the truth.

On a related-by-inspiration note; we should have a yearbook. Or something. Nevermind.

This. Right now./

Last night was swwweeeeettttt. Benjamin Button is soooo good. LIOLLOLOLOOL. Today will be MEH. But its all good. My moon video didn't even load up yesterday so I'll have to do it tonightSIGH.

Eenuh, Dyson - cheer up, pals! :)

Bleh, I'm no good at this. Listen to the others in here trying to cheer you up - they're right, y'know. :)

I have decided my body actually hates me, i have a cold of moderate proportions, i literslly felt myself catching it on monday, tried to explain to my friends that i couldn't go to the gym as i have a cold, but they dragged me anyways, 10 miles on the bike later and my head hurts ><. Today, feels worse, have a tickley cough now. Not only that, but for some reason, when i went to bed at 2, i woke up at 5 and then 6 and then 8:45, but fell asleep again and woke up...well now.

reading week next week, hopefully productive =]

Stop fighting to be miserable. Honestly, you're the hardest person to cheer up ever as you try to counter everything!

You're a loveable, talented person with her entire life ahead of her. If you don't think education can take you any further then do something else; get a regular job, hone your craft yourself in your spare time, keep getting your name out their via the 'net and other avenues. You already have the biggest piece of the puzzle: you know what you're good at, and you know you enjoy doing it. I'd give anything for such a certainty! So take that gift and run with it, whether that be through the halls of education or somewhere else entirely, as you already have the second most important thing in the world: purpose.

You're too talented, too lovely not to be a success! The only question is how it's going to come about, so ask yourself a different one, "What's going to make my happy?" When all's said and done, happiness is all anyone wants for you.

Somebody give this man a medal - probably the best advice I've ever seen anyone give - he speaks the truth and I wholeheartedly agree with his post Eenuh!

Eenuh is the winniest winner of all winland. Aimless is the soothiest soother of all of soothdom, too.

(I just got back from my talk with my tutor - she calmed me down with lots of compliments and quotes from my fucking essays. I need to rock out this semester. Sidenote - first time I've been out in daylight for fucking ages. The fresh air never looked so gleeful! Gave up half-way through a poem about falling in love with a passer-by, whcih I did, again. The End.)

Oh god thats so annoying. Just had a huge to and through conversation with some idiotic bitch, then she asked to be put through to manager. I put her on hold for a bit (to make her wait cos she was being a bitch) and then the people I was talking to re it rang back and we like "Oh resolved" essentially so I had to go back to her.

Basically it blatantly sounded like I was fobbing her off and only did something about it when she threataned to speak to my manager. Which isn't what happened at all....ahhhhh so annoying because it made me look like a liar and I hate lieing and just made me look like a dick when I was performing to the best of my ability whilst she was being an utter cock.

I pour my fucking heart out, after aiming to get to the bottom of everything, and it ends pretty much back where I started. God knows it's the only thing I'm posting about in here these days but fuck; it's all my mind will let me think about. I can't. let. this. go.

I'm going to have to teach you the amazing art of cutting off emotional ties.

Felt really down yesterday evening/night. Still do today. Feel like my life isn't really going anywhere and I might be following the wrong course and have taken some wrong decisions. It's all a bit of a mess and it's bringing me down. Sometimes I wonder why I bother.

That's what my Welsh friend was bullshitting on about last night! Seems to be a miserable period at the moment. If you're not feeling what you're doing now - go out and find something you can be feeling [...], failing that, find somewhere you can "hibernate" your resources, whilst you do your research into what to do next. Take myself, I spent 3 years at uni and it's got me doing 20ish hours a week at a pub. I work Friday and Saturday so my social life is shot, since none of my mates [who barely remember me since I moved away for uni] invite me out to join in any of their reindeer games. But I'm there so I can take their monies to finance my future, at present being my 'counselor' job in America, and then who knows. But I know this isn't what I want to being forever, my workmate has shown what might become of me if I were to stay on as he did... Sad bastard.

The drawing that is getting published is the simplest drawing ever, plus my name won't even be in their database (unlike what I thought at first). And the t-shirt thing is probably not going to work out anyway.

The simple shit is alwayst the best, noone wants a complicated image on their t-shirts. Except those Iron Maiden fans, and no one really gives a shit what they think.

Scattered mind this morning. Woke up at 11pm so I'm not too tired just yet; got a meeting with a tutor about an essay that I have an extension for (til next thurs, due in last thurs) but I haven't actually started it yet. Not read the books, not read the essay, and I have managed to literally leave it til the last hour to try and get together some 'ideas' and 'questions' so that I don't waste her time too much. Best get on that, really.

Quit uni. Now.

Oh god thats so annoying. Just had a huge to and through conversation with some idiotic bitch, then she asked to be put through to manager. I put her on hold for a bit (to make her wait cos she was being a bitch) and then the people I was talking to re it rang back and we like "Oh resolved" essentially so I had to go back to her.

Just put on a voice.

Quit uni. Now.

Neverr :P Only got like 5 months left, and I'm far from failing grade-wise.

FAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAIL.

Sky just came over, they say i need a new dish, which they cannot supply because there's a HUGE fucking house in front of the signal range. So i had to ring up the independent to come get this fitted. Which is going to take 2 weeks...

So yeah, wasted day really...

Hmmm, everyone seems a little down at the moment. I reckon the fact it's February, the most depressing month of the year, doesn't help matters.

I'm finding it hard to readjust to things. A week ago I was in a subtropical climate, now I'm suddenly in a country surrounded by snow with a big pile of work to do. Got to get a 6month research project sorted by the end of the month as well. :nono:

However in other news I'm actually giving serious thought to proposing to my girlfriend at some point, which should be interesting.

Hmmm, everyone seems a little down at the moment. I reckon the fact it's February, the most depressing month of the year, doesn't help matters.

I'm finding it hard to readjust to things. A week ago I was in a subtropical climate, now I'm suddenly in a country surrounded by snow with a big pile of work to do. Got to get a 6month research project sorted by the end of the month as well. :nono:

However in other news I'm actually giving serious thought to proposing to my girlfriend at some point, which should be interesting.

Where were you a week ago? And proposing?! But this forum is for delinquant irresponsible people! And Mr_Odwin.

Where were you a week ago? And proposing?! But this forum is for delinquant irresponsible people! And Mr_Odwin.

I was in south Florida doing a bit of fieldwork (and chilling in the sun). But hey, I am still delinquant and irresponsible, for example in Miami I woke up outside on the floor in nothing but t-shirt and pants at 6:00 in the morning with no recollection of how I got there. It's just I'm surrounded by weddings of friends and cousins at the moment and it's got me thinking.

FAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAIL.

Sky just came over, they say i need a new dish, which they cannot supply because there's a HUGE fucking house in front of the signal range. So i had to ring up the independent to come get this fitted. Which is going to take 2 weeks...

So yeah, wasted day really...

I'll never rent/buy any flat or house before finding out if i can get sky installed! It's just not on.

Thanks to the people trying to cheer me up. Feeling a tiny bit better at the moment, but that might be because I stuffed myself with yummy food, and my Eurostar tickets arrived.

About school, I just feel like I've had enough of it. Technically I could quit after this year (since I will have a Bachelor degree then), but our course is basically designed to include the Master year. So I'll probably have to do that. Problem is I already have to decide in the next two weeks if I want to do work experience during summer/next year, and if so, I will have to take care of all of it myself. Just a lot of extra work.

Plus I have to figure out as well if I want to take two classes that are about teacher training, which I was thinking of doing after my Master year... even though I don't really want to be a teacher, but I have to look at my future as well.

Just don't really know what to do. Two more years in school sounds so long. I'll be 26 when I properly graduate then...

But on the other hand I don't feel ready yet for the big bad world out there either.

*rants*

Thanks to the people trying to cheer me up. Feeling a tiny bit better at the moment, but that might be because I stuffed myself with yummy food, and my Eurostar tickets arrived.

About school, I just feel like I've had enough of it. Technically I could quit after this year (since I will have a Bachelor degree then), but our course is basically designed to include the Master year. So I'll probably have to do that. Problem is I already have to decide in the next two weeks if I want to do work experience during summer/next year, and if so, I will have to take care of all of it myself. Just a lot of extra work.

Plus I have to figure out as well if I want to take two classes that are about teacher training, which I was thinking of doing after my Master year... even though I don't really want to be a teacher, but I have to look at my future as well.

Just don't really know what to do. Two more years in school sounds so long. I'll be 26 when I properly graduate then...

But on the other hand I don't feel ready yet for the big bad world out there either.

*rants*

Yeah, but its easy to fall in the education trap. You need the fear as Chandler and Joey say in Friends, else you'll just keep taking course after course, getting in more debt and not getting anywhere.

Personally i didn't do my work experience year at uni. I just wanted my degree. If you dont think it will benefit you then dont bother. It rarely leads anywhere unless you really put in the effort and find a good placement, but even then its touch and go. From my mates that did it at my uni only one was offered a job at the end. A lot of places see you as just an temporary intern, and thats what you are really.

I dont want to sound down on the idea though, its your choice. It just sounded like you wanted to get out of there. Get your degree and be done with it. If the masters is something you want then go for it, otherwise its just more years in education possibly wasted.

You'd think 14 hours of solid sleep would help fix whatever is wrong with me right now...blah.

It really is one of the shitest months of the year, I had a chat with a friend last night, basically making me realise what a waste the past few months has been, wasting my time on people who cannot and will not be able to be the people I'd hoped they'd be.

Missed my first ever class, I honestly felt that shite when I noticed it was 9 am..

Time to shower and go find something productive to do, either that or I find somebody to take my aggression out on, yay!

What does that mean?

We have a Real Ale and Cider Society. I just got voted onto the comittee. What is there not to mean ::shrug:

Eeeeehehe, today has gone well, so far. Woke up an hour ago, stuck on Incredibad for the first time and am giving it my second playthrough now.

Then this happened.

palmsface.png

:D

You were losing? Explain.

We have a Real Ale and Cider Society. I just got voted onto the comittee. What is there not to mean ::shrug:

You sit around drinking ale and cider with your right hand and give handjobs to fellow society members with the left?

Eeeeehehe, today has gone well, so far. Woke up an hour ago, stuck on Incredibad for the first time and am giving it my second playthrough now.

Then this happened.

palmsface.png

:D

FUCK TREES I CLIMB BUOYS MOTHER FUCKER!!

Awesome, awesome line..

Yeh, seems this month has gotten a few peeps into a downer. Cheer up people. It will get better. Hugs all round :D.

Anyways, took the day off today and haven't done much. By take the day off, I mean get dropped off at the train station to make it look like I'm going to Uni and then bugger off into town for a couple of hours. Was a bit cold to be out but then the sun was shining beautifully and being the sunsoaker I am, I just decided to go for a walk before hitting the town. Very quite as well. Was serenely beautiful in the way that when it is silent all you can hear are yourself and the birds in the trees.

Went into town keeping an eye open for any new clothes I could buy but couldn't find anything. Have been wanting some form of hoodie to mix it up as I always wear this big warm black coat and just want something else to wear. Could buy a Uni hoodie but I'm not into the whole 'lets display the name of the Uni you attend on your clothes in big letters'. Not that I'm ashamed of where I attend but it just looks kinda tacky. Went to Subway for lunch. Didn't have any meatballs so couldn't have a meatball marinara sub (unbelieveable really) so had a chicken tikka one with sweet chilli sauce which was sublime. Although one thing that really annoys me about Subway is the amount of crap they wrap your sub in before you get it. Really, they're being very unfriendly to the environment with all the crap the wrap your sub in. They really should sort that out. And their prices. £3 for a 6 inch sub is bordering on the insane when I can get a footlong elsewhere for just over £2.