NEurope

Raining that's awesome *thumbs up*.

Finally finished some of my practise skills tasks so now I've got 5 out of 7 finished ready for Friday. Task 3 and 6 aren't really difficult if I put my mind to it but I've only got the software at uni, so I'll go in tomorrow and tick those off ^_^. It also helps that task 1 can be used for my game menu for games prototyping. Bonus!

Now I get to relax until I decide to go to bed. That reminds me I have hellboy 2 to watch, yay.

Tomorrow I've got to record a new message about the takeover and I've got a really sore throat, I can feel the husky voice coming on and this is not good!

Just played mariokart online with people, was very fun! If a little disheartening at times because I'm so rubbish. But I shall improve, woop.

Raining, that is absolutely fantastic by the way, well done! :yay:

Uni today was same old. Saw my best friend for the first time since he came back from America on Friday. Awesome to see him. He got me an awesome little book on Freud for Xmas which he timed perfectly because I'm studying him next week.

I live across from the Camberwell School of Art and I can't help think that I'd much rather hang out with the people there than people at my uni. They look like my crowd. Anyways, that reminded me to look at maybe doing a course there. Think I might do graphic design. Starts at the end of the month, every Saturday. £300 for 8 weeks. I'll think about it. Sounds fun.

Posted a new song on my blog which generated about 50 hits in 10 minutes which is nice.

Almost finished off my Saints Row 2 review which goes up on Thursday on the other site. Had a lot of fun writing that.

I also got the feeling that I'm not going to get hired again...not on any concrete evidence really. Just a feeling.

Uni today was same old. Saw my best friend for the first time since he came back from America on Friday. Awesome to see him. He got me an awesome little book on Freud for Xmas which he timed perfectly because I'm studying him next week.

I live across from the Camberwell School of Art and I can't help think that I'd much rather hang out with the people there than people at my uni. They look like my crowd. Anyways, that reminded me to look at maybe doing a course there. Think I might do graphic design. Starts at the end of the month, every Saturday. £300 for 8 weeks. I'll think about it. Sounds fun.

Posted a new song on my blog which generated about 50 hits in 10 minutes which is nice.

Almost finished off my Saints Row 2 review which goes up on Thursday on the other site. Had a lot of fun writing that.

I also got the feeling that I'm not going to get hired again...not on any concrete evidence really. Just a feeling.

Out of interest what is your Uni/course Daft? Also, hired for what? [/nosy] :heh:

Durren Brown

I came on to say the same thing.... That guy is crazy! Seriously the only person that makes me believe there is something supernatural or whatever.

It says there aren't actors but how can they not be?

There is no way that before the show he writes what will happen - Ebay dress???? WTF if you take another 1000 people there is so little chance one of them has bought a dress on eBay.

Weird. He's the closest thing we have to Jesus, even if he's just a terribly good con artist.

Bizarre thoughts I know but:

The table could have been magnetic

The lights went dark so the box may have been hauled up and someone else could have written on the cards... Still doesn't explain it all

The course sounds pretty cool, Daft. I'd love to do that in the near future.

New plan for my evening; watch Dead Poets Society, play xbox, set alarm for 10am, make a quote sheet in the morning, stumble to uni, proceed to fail, then get pissed all day.

I was left to roam the halls of the art block today. Art students can be such cliches. Big floppy hair, geeky glasses, flannel shirts. Except at one point a hot asian girl came out of the dark room. That was more...impressive.

Anyway the graphic design sounds interesting :) Plus if its right over the road...

Whats the sitch with Squenix then?

Just watched Derren Brown, wtfffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffff *braind implodes*

Lol, you've just got to go with it. It's pretty amazing stuff. Plus, there aren't "actors". He wouldn't be allowed to get people to pay for a show, inform the viewing public that there are no actors, and then have actors. He could be sued till the day he died had he done that.

But stillm it's interesting stuff. We did some work on him in Psychology A2, and were going to go and see him but the show was cancelled. :(

Random note: I told my psych teacher he was gay, and she was so depressed! She loves him. :p

Derren brown

He kinda explained his tricks, or the base of them, when doing that awesome hole thing, misdirection and subconcious manipulation, the mind sees what it wants to see and he exploits that.

But it was bloody amazing

Out of interest what is your Uni/course Daft? Also, hired for what? [/nosy] :heh:

I do Social Anthropology at The School of Oriental and African Studies, London University.

Working at Square. One of my friends who also worked there has a job starting tomorrow, but I'm not sure if it's back at SquEx or somewhere else. I'm good friends with everyone there and they said they'd hire me back next time a project came up but I'm just a bit uneasy since I wasn't especially productive on one of the projects.

I'm uneasy really. I kind of need the job to maintain my flippant lifestyle.

I was left to roam the halls of the art block today. Art students can be such cliches. Big floppy hair, geeky glasses, flannel shirts. Except at one point a hot asian girl came out of the dark room. That was more...impressive.

Anyway the graphic design sounds interesting :) Plus if its right over the road...

Whats the sitch with Squenix then?

I like art students. They can have some awesome house parties.

I'm kind of lost at the moment. I'm not sure what my next course of action is. I feel like shit tbh.

my mams asked me to research some "halocaust heros" for an assembally she is doing.

schindlers list and defiance will be used as references.

question is, do i stick magneto into the mix?

also, should i make solid snake save the day? kids would enjoy it so much more.

I do Social Anthropology at The School of Oriental and African Studies, London University.

Working at Square. One of my friends who also worked there has a job starting tomorrow, but I'm not sure if it's back at SquEx or somewhere else. I'm good friends with everyone there and they said they'd hire me back next time a project came up but I'm just a bit uneasy since I wasn't especially productive on one of the projects.

I'm kind of lost at the moment. I'm not sure what my next course of action is. I feel like shit tbh.

:( Sorry to hear. I can't really suggest any course of action for you (well, at least a long term one) but get some jaffa cakes, crank up Daft Punk and read Calvin and Hobbes. You know it makes sense ;)

Phew. 1700 words done in a few hours (about 2 or 3, did eat and watch Gossip Girl in the middle) (and yet I still feel customising iGoogle was more productive...or at least more fun). Just one point to finish off and another to make tomorrow and cram it full of references. My head is tired so bed time for me. Night folks.

my mams asked me to research some "halocaust heros" for an assembally she is doing.

schindlers list and defiance will be used as references.

question is, do i stick magneto into the mix?

also, should i make solid snake save the day? kids would enjoy it so much more.

Though funny as an idea, to who is he a hero?

Unless you talk about the fact that he was so badly scarred by his experiences, yet seems to turn into a variation of Hitler, just in a different circumstance.

(Though comic characters change, no idea what he's up to now)

Be controversial. Say Eichmann.

:( Sorry to hear. I can't really suggest any course of action for you (well, at least a long term one) but get some jaffa cakes, crank up Daft Punk and read Calvin and Hobbes. You know it makes sense ;)

Phew. 1700 words done in a few hours (about 2 or 3, did eat and watch Gossip Girl in the middle). Just one point to finish off and another to make tomorrow and cram it full of references. My head is tired so bed time for me. Night folks.

Working at Square. One of my friends who also worked there has a job starting tomorrow, but I'm not sure if it's back at SquEx or somewhere else. I'm good friends with everyone there and they said they'd hire me back next time a project came up but I'm just a bit uneasy since I wasn't especially productive on one of the projects.I'm uneasy really. I kind of need the job to maintain my flippant lifestyle. I'm kind of lost at the moment. I'm not sure what my next course of action is. I feel like shit tbh.

A fascinating degree no doubt! I heard that the gaming industry is the only one not to be affected by the recession, don't know how true that is but SquEx sounds like a safe bet (I googled square, heh), plus they said they wanted you back. Sorry to hear you feel like shit Daft, if you need *huggage* look my way! :)

Though funny as an idea, to who is he a hero?

Unless you talk about the fact that he was so badly scarred by his experiences, yet seems to turn into a variation of Hitler, just in a different circumstance.

Having just read house of m, he went fricking mad, after 16 million mutants died because he failed to protect them well enough, and then in house of m he got his wish of ruling the world with mutants, after that ended. He can't control metal anymore. So he's a hasbeen.

A fascinating degree no doubt! I heard that the gaming industry is the only one not to be affected by the recession, don't know how true that is but SquEx sounds like a safe bet (I googled square, heh), plus they said they wanted you back. Sorry to hear you feel like shit Daft, if you need *huggage* look my way! :)

Yeah it's an awesome degree. I'm really enjoying it. I think I've got a knack for it as well. :smile:

The recession won't effect testing jobs directly, except for less projects. I'm not really sure why I feel down. I might just be bored. I've mistaken those two before.

I'll keep that hug in mind. :heh:

Off to bed now. I should try and not be 15 minutes late to at least one of my lectures this week.

Ouch. I would assume its down to Ultimate X-Men being cancelled. You could buy the single issues of the US Ultimate Spider-Man from ebay or a comic shop in future maybe?

Well I'd heard(from you on here iirc lol) that Ultimate X-Men was getting cancelled, but surely these are so far behind the US ones anyway that they could have run for a fair while yet? It's literally dropping in the next few months, do you know how far ahead/what issue it's running to? Also expected they'd at least keep running Ultimate Spider-man, though I guess now...well, I'm a bit too poor to be importing it issue by issue now, so I might just wait and try and get it when they graphic novel it all up? Who knows...

What year of your course are you in Daft? I know a girl who knows a few people at SOAS, and I always forget but I swear she told me she's doing something and Social Anthropology!! Sure things'll pick up for you though, but we're all still young, no need to be rushing into anything or anywhere! I'm currently also in a rather ambigous sort of rut, no idea where life should, or is, gonna go from here right now.

EDIT: Take the Derren Brown talk to a new thread! Namely cos I missed it, but also because he started to grind on me a while back.

I came on to say the same thing.... That guy is crazy! Seriously the only person that makes me believe there is something supernatural or whatever.

Well, he openly says he uses nothing supernatural. I think the majority of his success stems from being extremely good at misdirection, although of course he has other skills.

Such as this beautiful handshake induction at 4:08:

What year of your course are you in Daft? I know a girl who knows a few people at SOAS, and I always forget but I swear she told me she's doing something and Social Anthropology!! Sure things'll pick up for you though, but we're all still young, no need to be rushing into anything or anywhere! I'm currently also in a rather ambigous sort of rut, no idea where life should, or is, gonna go from here right now.

I'm in the first year but my friend is in the third year so I tend to inadvertently meet people from that year. :smile:

I'm not really one for resting on my laurels, so to speak. (what a strange sounding sentence) I could just sit back because I've got uni to go to but I want to do more. I think having a job for a year straight has got me used to being busy almost all the time.

The Derren Brown program missed an amazing trick out. When I saw that show live, he did a trick where he limited the oxygen to his brain by putting a bag over his head, this put his self in to a certain state of mind.

Once in this state he walked over broken glass, then placed his face on top of the glass and had a man stand on his head and back.

Ouchies.

Derren Brown is brilliant. He openly admits its nothing to do with the supernatural but all about misdirection and understanding how to manipulate things.

He went to uni here in Bristol and he would spend his lessons staring at his lecturers trying to hypnotise them.

Wow I'm glad I recorded this Derren Brown programme.

Ultimate is killing people xLoads. lulz.

Well I'd heard(from you on here iirc lol) that Ultimate X-Men was getting cancelled, but surely these are so far behind the US ones anyway that they could have run for a fair while yet? It's literally dropping in the next few months, do you know how far ahead/what issue it's running to? Also expected they'd at least keep running Ultimate Spider-man, though I guess now...well, I'm a bit too poor to be importing it issue by issue now, so I might just wait and try and get it when they graphic novel it all up? Who knows....

Aye, it does seem curious. They originally printed two issues in one, so they were catching up at double speed, then added X-Men so evened out. Where abouts is it upto? Which storyline?

IGN IS SO INCREDIBLY BOLLOCKS.

Does my fricking nut in.