NEurope

Thats a really great picture Dante :)

Letty. It'll be okay. You still have a few days and your PS is only a few hundred words yes? Just think of reasons why you're awesome; you're outgoing, enthusiastic, passionate etc. They're cliches but they're true. You have experience in a wide range of mediums (but favour one if you're doing a course aimed at a particular medium or wish to explore them all further if you're doing a general art course). You see the benefits, the beauty in every inch. That kind of jazz.

And lets face it. If New Labour want 50% of people in university then personal statements don't really matter :p

Oh you!! :blush:

I think my situation has been averted. I've just had a write-a-thon, and jordan and my mum are going to help make it sound better :D

In other news, my throat is fucked! (lol)

It was hairspray central in our room at college today, and the fumes have really caught in the back!

I only ever whinge about anti-smokers (i.e. the people around me) when they go out of their way to complain about me. Generally speaking, the public is fairly good about it. I remember a few years ago me and two mates were smoking outside as we walked down to the shops. A lady overtook us and did a little *ahem, ahem* with a look over her shoulder at us... I mean that was just stupid. What did she expect us to do, run up to her all teary-eyed and apologetic for ruining her day?

I'm happy with most of the non-smoking laws these days, except the one for open-air train stations. They should at least have a courtesy area at the ends of the platforms, because that's where we go to smoke anyway, and there's no one else tehre to 'catch cancer'.

[/mini rant]

Frickin' filthy smokers! ;)

Tbh, I don't care much as long as they don't inflict it upon totally unwilling people, and then only in enclosed spaces/breathing right in your face. If you're outside then get the fuck over yourself, or go whinging to everyone in every single fucking car that passes you by, definitely sure that's gonna be more harmful than a tiny bit of smoke put into the air by someone a tiny bit near to you. Pricks. I'm not even a smoker btw, but I share the annoyance at pricks of the world. Pricks.

Other than that, my day just has not really been, I'm not even sure why. I didn't go look for finglemitts, I didn't play any/many games, I didn't even do the meetup thread like I planned, I lose. Also found out Ultimate Spider-Man & X-Men is being dropped by Panini, the fuckers coulda told me before they rang me to take a subscription a month or two ago, and THEN DIDN'T BOTHER TO TELL ME IT COULDN'T GO THROUGH. Also considering/contemplating life and the universe, but mainly life, and namely MY life. WhattodoWhattodoWhattodo....!

P.S I'm also incredibly hot.

had a god awful day yesterday, had the day off work which was a good start, but had a cough, and was coughing all day. Think it's nearly gone though considering the amount of time i spent in the toilet coughing up phlegm my lungs must be clear by now.... sore throat though.

Couldn't do anything... tried playing games, i'd start coughing, try to keep playing and nearly end up choking on phlegm so had to run to the toilet.

My "L: Change The World" DVD arrived also which was cool... cousin came for dinner and we watched the film... well he watched it, as was with the games i had to keep going to the toilet to cough up a load of phlegm... never puked though, even though sometimes i thought i would... just phlegm is all.

I got L: Change the World aswell. Though I haven't got round to watching it yet. Did you like it from the parts you seen? Shame about that cough, my sister has one and it's all I hear.

Apparently all applications are for thursday, but portfolios are for march, I think?

If this is the legitimate case you say, I'm saved.

I dunno, i'm under the impressions from everyone else applying that it's later on.

Many are doing direct application anyway.

(I think I'm gonna stay in Edinburgh for a foundation course at Leith anyway...probs don't need UCAS for that. Apparently it's not overly new coming from the academy art dept., but I feel I dunno...uninspired and cramped at the moment).

I got L: Change the World aswell. Though I haven't got round to watching it yet. Did you like it from the parts you seen? Shame about that cough, my sister has one and it's all I hear.

Well I seen it before (downloaded all 3 ages ago, but had to have the DVDs, Play.com is like less than half the price they are in stores here, wohoo) so it didn't bother me going in and out.

It's a good film, but just don't expect it to be like the previous 2.... even though they put "Death Note" on the box, it's not really a "Death Note" film, but if you watch it with that in mind it is great. Having it focused on L is awesome and seeing more of him and his awesome ways of doing things, holding things, moving etc is awesome and his reactions to some things are priceless (don't want to say what as i'll spoil it)

Watched the bonus features disc, interviews and such Kenchi Matsuyama is awesome, you can still see a bit on L in him in his interview like he's half in character... or maybe he's just normally not comfortable round people?

I'm trying to help a friend of mine find a place for a party he's throwing in Maadi, and I've spent the past few days making the same phone calls over and over again to the same people and we're going nowhere. It's getting pathetic.

Also found out Ultimate Spider-Man & X-Men is being dropped by Panini, the fuckers coulda told me before they rang me to take a subscription a month or two ago, and THEN DIDN'T BOTHER TO TELL ME IT COULDN'T GO THROUGH.

Ouch. I would assume its down to Ultimate X-Men being cancelled. You could buy the single issues of the US Ultimate Spider-Man from ebay or a comic shop in future maybe?

Work is still lame but huzzah! I had a successful evening of actually getting some of my comic done. 11 pages down, 97 to go.

Work is still lame but huzzah! I had a successful evening of actually getting some of my comic done. 11 pages down, 97 to go.

Whassis?!

Right. Am I the only one who finds Amazon the most infuriatingly shitty company on the planet? I avoid them like the plague as much as I can, but fuck. I've been searching everywhere for a DS game that isn't in stock anywhere, or is £40 etc, anyway I check Amazon and its like "In Stock" then I'm just about to buy it when I read this;

Usually ships in 1 to 2 months

Sold by Amazon.co.uk

What the fuck is that kind of cryptic shit?

"Place your order now, and we might decide to send your item. At some point. Probably."

Seriously what the fuck.

Whassis?!

I've been scripting a graphic novel (5 books so far) called Red Cadet, with hopes maybe someone will want to publish it. If not I'll pursue publishing it myself, but we will see. I'll start posting updates on the Creative Gallery thread I put up today.

I've been scripting a graphic novel (5 books so far) called Red Cadet, with hopes maybe someone will want to publish it. If not I'll pursue publishing it myself, but we will see. I'll start posting updates on the Creative Gallery thread I put up today.

:heart: :heart: :heart:

Thats exactly what I want to do (except I lack the artistic capability) Whats it about?

You've probably looked into this anyway, but heres a thread over at Image about submitting projects. Not a Rick Roll.

"Place your order now, and we might decide to send your item. At some point. Probably."

Seriously what the fuck.

It depends on the supplier of the product, not Amazon themselves. They cant speed up your order, only request that it be dispatched as soon as possible from the supplier. If you want to be mad at someone, be mad at them. They've obviously quoted those availability terms to Amazon.

But to me shipped in 1-2 months doesn't mean "in stock" that means "out of stock, will be shipped when received" or whatever, like ever other site does. Its just little niggles like that, that annoy the heck out of me.

Just got the results of my blood test back from the doctors, everythings normal, except my cholesterol, which is a bit high. Even my livers OK, which was quite surprising.

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRR!

... So I've been moping around for, like, 3 months thinking I'd fucked up my entire degree. Just got two results back - a 64 and a 71 which is all goooood... Except I've got an exam tomorrow and I've not done any revisionLOLOLOO... So I'l HARDCORE that right up... after some minesweeper flags, mass effect, shower, shave, manicure, box-car race and ingestion of lighter fluid.

I'M NOT GOING TO BE A HOMELESS REJECT JUST YET, WOOOOOOOO!

Whooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!

I just completely aced at my exammmm!

19/20, fuck yeah! Never had a score that high, and pretty much thought it was unreachable, haha. I rock at Art History! X3

And yeah, now I'm going to nap for a bit because I am superrr tired! Whoo!

Day started out being just myself in the whole programming department, the boss is ill and the other lad was sorting out his new house paperwork. Thought i'd be the only one all day, but alas he arrived at lunch.

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRR!

... So I've been moping around for, like, 3 months thinking I'd fucked up my entire degree. Just got two results back - a 64 and a 71 which is all goooood... Except I've got an exam tomorrow and I've not done any revisionLOLOLOO... So I'l HARDCORE that right up... after some minesweeper flags, mass effect, shower, shave, manicure, box-car race and ingestion of lighter fluid.

I'M NOT GOING TO BE A HOMELESS REJECT JUST YET, WOOOOOOOO!

I felt so happy for Jay when he told me this. I even let him win at Solitare Showdown. Of course he would've won again if it hadn't fucked up on us both.

Speaking of results, I got 83% on my maths exam, and 85% on my Digital Technologies exam.

Thought I had royally fucked both those up, but apparently not :D

might be getting some tv extra work, a mate is asking the guy who runs it if they need any one else. the pay is pretty good apparently, though it can somtimes be a long day. though could end up on tv.

hollywood here i come.

Got my english paper on The Tempest.

Probably the most backwards exam ever, English is.

We have to learn quotes from random critics, which feels really fake, as we would hardly include them otherwise.

And the fact it's closed book>!! What the fuck? How on earth could that EVER imporove/even show our analytical skills?

They should just make it a memory test of quotes from the tempest and stop beating around the bush. It's what they want.

Dude finally phoned me up about my Camp Leader interview. I actually have to be up for 10am on Friday, for probably the first time in years. Got my references sorted, one from Sainsbury's, the other my dissertation tutor [who, against my wishes sent it direct to them. I wanted to give it all to them at once] Doctors on Thursday for my full physical so I can have a criminal record check [:blank:]

It's all coming together!