NEurope

Robbing bastards, Hp advertises some of their desktops as having 4gb ram, then tell you that because they are too stupid to use 64-bit vista on ANY of there systems that you'll only get 3gb of the ram when you pay for four..arseholes. It wouldn't be so bad if the rest of the computer was decent, twatty arrrghh.

I was in an awful mood yesterday, I want a dell computer but my mum keeps looking at hp which is completely the wrong idea, no matter how little or how much I mention this desktop she won't get off her arse and sort it with me, if she doesn't hurry up I won't have a computer in time. Sigh typical.

Other than that been out all day and whatnot, kept thinking about the computer and whenever I mentioned it the conversation was moved on. Loverly..

Awesome so far. Just got back from paintballing, most fun i've had in a long time. Used something like 400 paintball and 3 grenades and my team won 5-3. Now to go out and play some 5-a side.

Robbing bastards, Hp advertises some of their desktops as having 4gb ram, then tell you that because they are too stupid to use 64-bit vista on ANY of there systems that you'll only get 3gb of the ram when you pay for four..arseholes. It wouldn't be so bad if the rest of the computer was decent, twatty arrrghh.

32-bit only supports 3gb, so if there is 4gb installed it won't recognise it. On the good side if your processor is 64-bit you can order the 64-bit version of windows for the cost of postage if you have a valid vista license.

Note: This might only be US.

YAY!!! My friend got us a pair of tickets to see Sébastien Tellier for my birthday!!!!!!!

:yay: :yay: :yay: :yay: :yay: :yay: :yay: :yay: :yay: :yay: :yay: :yay: :yay: :yay: :yay: :yay: :yay: :yay: :yay: :yay: :yay: :yay:

24th of January!! Maybe I won't ignore the fact it is January. (I hate January)

32-bit only supports 3gb, so if there is 4gb installed it won't recognise it. On the good side if your processor is 64-bit you can order the 64-bit version of windows for the cost of postage if you have a valid vista license.

Note: This might only be US.

Exactly my point? :confused: Why pay £700 for a computer that has 4gb in and then you have to go mess around yourself to get 64bit, why they don't just save time and place in 64 anyway.

I'm sick of computers as it is now, I want this damn dell desktop, christ any recognition of getting a desktop wouldn't go a miss right now, she's doing my fucking head in.

Exactly my point? :confused: Why pay £700 for a computer that has 4gb in and then you have to go mess around yourself to get 64bit, why they don't just save time and place in 64 anyway.

I'm sick of computers as it is now, I want this damn dell desktop, christ any recognition of getting a desktop wouldn't go a miss right now, she's doing my fucking head in.

The manufacturers are idiots. :(

I remember getting bought my Dell PC quite a while ago before I knew much about computers (~5 years ago) and later on when I started to know about stuff I found out it didn't even have an AGP graphics card slot. So basically I was limited to the crappy PCI cards and there was no way I could upgrade it on that computer. I hated Dell so much from then on...

I got my new PC from MESH. They are pretty awesome. :p

MESH computers are pretty damn good. My dad bought one ages ago, still has the case - it was pretty good.

---

I'm bleaching my hair again, trying to squint at the screen minus my glasses, and desperately trying not to scratch my neck..RAWRRR.

Otherwise pretty mediocre day

I cleaned the garden and was in such a tidying mood thing that something possessed me to keep cleaning - thus, my bedroom is now tidy, and there are 4 binbags of rubbish in our green bin from my room alone :D

Had a fantastic dinner. Jambalaya. Love making that. ALways end up with a ton of the stuff left after I've had enough. But always a great dinner to eat.

Apart from that, it's been very quiet today. Having a very lazy day and then tomorrow I'm gonna go out for the whole day as a last hurrah to the summer holidays and a hello to starting Uni on Tuesday.

My room seems a little emptier. Packing sure does take a while. I just hope I'm taking most of the stuff I need, and then not too much of it.

Damn I'm so hot, I just can't shake the fever. Looks like it's going to be another breathless and sweaty night of tossing in bed for me. :(

Damn I'm so hot, I just can't shake the fever. Looks like it's going to be another breathless and sweaty night of tossing in bed for me. :(

I'll trade you my coldness for your roasty-toasty fever. :p

I woke up at midday, then played some GH3 and Rockband with Jordan.

Sundays are awesome :D

The manufacturers are idiots. :(

I remember getting bought my Dell PC quite a while ago before I knew much about computers (~5 years ago) and later on when I started to know about stuff I found out it didn't even have an AGP graphics card slot. So basically I was limited to the crappy PCI cards and there was no way I could upgrade it on that computer. I hated Dell so much from then on...

Dell's actually the best I've found so far, you can customise most of them, so it's not really a problem. :)

Yeh I imagine now they are okay, but in the past when I was clueless they pawned me off with some integrated graphics chip. :p

MESH also let you customise it, might be worth a look (may be cheaper...or not).

8GB RAM, 500GB HDD, geforce 9600GT, 22" Widescreen, Q6660 2.4GHz quad core processor, Vista 64-bit, all the trimmings like mouse, keyboard etc: for £749.

Just saw that offer and thought it seemed pretty good, not sure if it's any use to you.

I don't know what to make of Chuck Palahniuk. On the one hand I thought Fight Club was excellent, but then I thought Survivor was overrated, and Diary generally poor. Eh, I might try another of his one day - my friend's been reading Choke and she tells me it's good.

I've had a fun weekend. And a weird party last night. Things that stuck in my memory

- Some guy being sick 30 minutes in after literally 2 beers

- Managing to spill a tiny bit of boiled water over some girl when I was making some tea, randomly. She went ape shit.

- Discovering the Reading wristband is a genius conversation starter

- Drunken texting that nearly had bad repercussion

- Deciding it would be a great idea to sleep in some shopping trolleys that we found in the park with a couple of friends. Cold, uncomfortable, impossible to sleep in.

Then I went home, got some sleep, watched Pineapple Express, and here I am :yay:

Damn I'm so hot, I just can't shake the fever. Looks like it's going to be another breathless and sweaty night of tossing in bed for me. :laughing:

The power of smilies.

Anyway, I've pretty much run my phantom problems into the ground now. Does anyone need advice on something? I'm much better at giving it out than taking it, or so I've been told.

Does anyone need advice on something? I'm much better at giving it out than taking it, or so I've been told.

Same here, people keep telling me I'm good at giving advice, which is kinda nice, yet entirely unexpected.

Here's some you can give me: why should I be accepted into my Uni's civil engineering scholarship scheme?

:heh:

Whatta weekend, my girly came down for the weekend, so we spent 48 hours together, was awesome as anything. She's coming down next week to see me off to kent, and then it'll cost 27 pounds to go see her/vice versa =[

And i sent ellmiester a text, fucking bored yeh.

Here's some you can give me: why should I be accepted into my Uni's civil engineering scholarship scheme?

:heh:

You're looking for an answer, not advice. I offer perspective only, I'm afraid.

Bearing that in mind, let's turn the question on its head: Why shouldn't you? Presumably you're just as eligible as anyone else, so it all comes down to attitude: they're going to want someone that will see things through and be enthusiastic, and you have to be that person.

Now it may have crossed your mind that I'm in no way qualified to dish out such advice, but it's actually not as much of an issue as you'd think.

Bearing that in mind, let's turn the question on its head: Why shouldn't you? Presumably you're just as eligible as anyone else, so it all comes down to attitude: they're going to want someone that will see things through and be enthusiastic, and you have to be that person.

I had that very much in mind, and wrote accordingly. Thanks for the confidence boost in my own mental agility, though. :)

The power of smilies.

Anyway, I've pretty much run my phantom problems into the ground now. Does anyone need advice on something? I'm much better at giving it out than taking it, or so I've been told.

Should I ask this girl out on a date even though shes a friend (but likes me) even though we have less than 2 weeks together and won't get much time to see each other now?

Advise oh wise one :p

My day was going fine until Domjcg texted me -_-

I know exactly how you feel. Damn Dom. :blank:

Should I ask this girl out on a date even though shes a friend (but likes me) even though we have less than 2 weeks together and won't get much time to see each other now?

Advise oh wise one :p

Its like 11:20, my text was hardly gonna ruin your whole day now was it? mind you, it was kinda worded harshly ;] so um yeh. And i think you should, give it a shot etc.

Just found out a friend whose going to uni with me has had a car crash, she's stable in hospital, but my god that sucks, i remember talking to her like the other day about accomodation and stuff =[