NEurope

I'm trying selling something on Ebay for the first time this week. If I take payments with Paypal, I know they'll take a cut but will it then go into my account or do they hold it for whatever reason?

It'll go into your PayPal account (I think) and you'd need to send it onto your account manually.

It'll go into your PayPal account (I think) and you'd need to send it onto your account manually.

They can sometimes hold it for new accounts, but it's a bit random.

Been finding it hard to read books for my dissertation lately, mainly because of boredom. So in an attempt to make critical discourse analysis somewhat more interesting, I read my book in the voice of Optimus Prime. Surprisingly it worked really well!

Not having a good start to the day so far. Just found out who my ex left me for, and that they were "seeing" each other when we were together. Not too good really, i'm a bit angry/upset at the moment.

Today:

- Screen on car replaced woo!

- Looking into kayaking or horse riding in sheffield

- Found a bunny who needs rehoming who would be perfect and I can't take it.

:(

I heard this on Click:

"Created by legendary games designer James Molyneux" - Click

Edited by Wesley

Not having a good start to the day so far. Just found out who my ex left me for, and that they were "seeing" each other when we were together. Not too good really, i'm a bit angry/upset at the moment.

You should be thankful for having gotten out of there; any person who does that has serious issues and is terrible relationship material. It's ridiculously immature, selfish and hurtful to do, and I always believe that what goes around comes around.

You should be thankful for having gotten out of there; any person who does that has serious issues and is terrible relationship material. It's ridiculously immature, selfish and hurtful to do, and I always believe that what goes around comes around.

Exactly. If she cheated on you for him, what's gonna stop her from doing it to him, then the next one?

Until of course, she winds up with with ghetto bad boy most women these days tend to like, and she'l get beat.

Boy I have an awful way of looking at things.

Last night was awesome. A few friends and I went to a night called Secret Sessions, basically a gathering of local acoustic singer-songwriters, where our friend was playing. He's astonishingly talented, I love him a little. I wish he would sing to me. Ha. Anyway, much later on when most people had gone, him and his friend (who is a professional songwriter/undeniable hotty) were just playing for us, we were singing songs and they were scatting about us, into the wee hours. It was so fun. AND I was sober (I'm not drinking at the moment. Well, I will be next Saturday for obvious reasons).

- Went for an eye test.

- The waiting room had a tiny, square TV on the opposite wall. BBC News 24 was on with no sound. Not exactly the best thing to give customers before an eye test.

- Cost £103 for test, glasses and sunglasses.

- Had to wander round Stockport for two hours waiting for the glasses to me made.

- Spotted Brawl in GameStation for £12.99 pre-owned. Took a mental note and decided to come back later to buy it.

- Spotted Brawl in HMV for £10 new. Bought it straight away.

- Bought some books for when I go on holiday in a week.

- More aimless/pointless wondering about.

- When I picked my glasses up, the woman seemed to talk to me as if I was 10. She was using the same tone of voice that people use when talking to kids (which could be her natural voice), and wasn't helped by some of the stuff she said, like "maybe the sun will come out if you wear your shades".

- My old glassed must have been terrible. I was quite amazed at the difference - it was like upgrading to HD.

- Cost £103 for test, glasses and sunglasses.

- Had to wander round Stockport for two hours waiting for the glasses to me made.

Flip me thats pretty cheap. Saying that my glasses have gotten cheaper lately too. Used to be spending the guts of £300, last time I went it was £185 (free eye test and £20 discount from work yay)

2 hours?! What the bloody hell, mine take a week :( You must have a pretty bog standard prescription/no thinning etc?

- Wake up at 4am, arms cannot be put straight for some strange reason that causes extreme pain

- Leave work at 5am, take's an hour walk

- Start shift at 6

- Sent home at 8 due to no shifts

- Walk an hour home

- On medication that's making me feel so incredibly light headed to ease the pain

- Realise how little money I've made this week due to being sent home a lot, the rent will be an arse to pay next week

- Arm's still hurting

My day is fucking fabulous.

Flip me thats pretty cheap. Saying that my glasses have gotten cheaper lately too. Used to be spending the guts of £300, last time I went it was £185 (free eye test and £20 discount from work yay)

2 hours?! What the bloody hell, mine take a week :( You must have a pretty bog standard prescription/no thinning etc?

Pretty much. They're the kind of lenses that they have at the store. It's usually an hour, but having the second pair tinted meant that I had to wait longer.

Another week, another sexy fit. And this time I didn't even have any alcohol so I couldn't enjoy it as much as the rest. Still, it wasn't at home, it was at a game shop whilst I playing a game of Pokémon with some chap. It was a decider as well... Another time.

I've had to obtain myself an emulator to get some last minute practice in for the Mega Drive thing in tomorrow, here's hoping I do well.

I have decided not to do anything today, except play video games, smoke green and snack out. It's been amazing.

Now back to Red Dead Redemption!

Wednesday - Work. Lunch 90 minutes into a 7 hour shift? Yeah, makes sense. Train ride to London was surprisingly quick. It even got in 15 minutes early! Received an email while on board offering me to attend an "invitation only recruitment seminar" at the Apple Store on Tuesday. Got Oyster. Issues with said Oyster. Jodie's house for presents and chatting.

Thursday - TATE Modern for 'Exposed'. Learned that Hello (magazine) is based off the Spanish Hola! magazine and that the word 'paparazzi' was coined in Le Dolce Vita. Really need to watch that some day as I do own it. Random trip to Clapham. More Oyster issues. Dinner. Crashed someone's date (was invited to) and had a round of drinks bought by an investment banker. How city. Some drunk said Jodie looked "like that slut from Hollyoaks" and likened me to Mussolini and then later called me an Italian facist. I just lifted my hand in the arm and shouted "Duce!" which I think confused him more.

Friday - Crowded tube ride. Wondering from Oxford Street to the general Covent Garden area. Killing a lot of time waiting until finally accompanied (late :p) and had pizza. Then failed attempt to find 3D World. Inception. Park (St James maybe? I forget). Brief hop over to Parliament. Walk from there to Marylebone station in an hour...well, from Oxford Street to Marylebone was a panicked run as I got lost. Just about made the train. Dinner became home made cookies, which while awesome not particularly healthy.

Saturday - Work. Crap. Felt depressed all day/hating on everyone/felt like I was selling myself short even being there/contemplating just quitting. The close should have been quick as there was two of us but the girl I was with got into an argument with someone else so didn't do much. I feel kind of bad for her because she was being falsely (if I take her word for it, and have no reason not to) being slutshamed but I just don't care about teenage angst. Finally got home. Ate. Accidentally broke a plate. Oh and this morning dropped cereal everywhere. Fuck this day. Fuck tomorrow. Bring on Monday.

My day has consisted of having my brain turn to mush as a result of long sessions of Rez HD. Unlocked something called Trance Mission in it and thought, 'Alright, lets see what this is all about.' Both a good and a bad idea. Lots, and I mean LOTS, of bright colours that never end :o. It. Was. Awesome :D This is the type of game I love to play at night, in a pitch black room and the sound cranked up.

But playing it allowed me to finish the game and cross it off of my bucket list, which now means I've finished The Saboteur, Splinter Cell Conviction, Jett Rocket, Perfect Dark and now Rez. Next, I'm feeling the mood for a challenge so either an attempt at finishing Ikaruga or Rondo of Blood should do me nicely.

Other than that, I've not done much else. Watched a few movies, most notably Motorcycle Diaries.

So yeh, exciting life is exciting :laughing:

I would like to mention one I've seen a few people on here use though, whilst we're at it.

"I wondered around"

is

"I wandered around"

Wondering from Oxford Street to the general Covent Garden area.

Le Haxxorz.

On topic ; My sister came round we watched The Crazies (which couldn't even be saved by the wanderful Timothy Olyphant one of my favourite actors) and was thus pretty lame-not-that-great.

I just finished Comedy Rainbow Episode 15 and will upload it now, for anyone seeing the CR thread and thinking "Oh it won't be a new episode its only been two weeks" just in case. :)

-----------

My camera is pissing me off. Its good but...I dunno seems to struggle in low light or something. Also has a line on video. Cannot be bothered with sending back, I'll have to check it and use it some more. I do intend to get a new camcorder this week though. Hopefully I can hunt one out from Argos as new catalogue is out soon.

Also need to book Florida this week.

Also shitting myself for next weekend.

Got my new HTC Wildfire today. It r cooliez. Can't really use it properly yet cause I need to get them to switch my number over to the new sim.

Boss was super moany at work today, but it was a short shift so I got away nice and quick.

MY UKULELE ARRIVED! Wootage. Can't decide what I'm gonna name it yet. Girls names beginning with a "you" sound? Or other suggestions?

Counting down the days until I move! It is 8 weeks exactly today :D

Urgh I'm so unbelievably broke >_< Last month I went £600 into my overdraft and last months pay was basically eaten up by that. Have about £300 to last me the remainder of the month... Worst feeling in the world, i'm never going back into my overdraft by that much again! It's sad just seeing all of that 4 figure sum disappearing before your very eyes... Almost as sad as paying tax :P

On the other hand I'm in dire need of upgrading my HDDs on my laptop, its bursting at the seams, my 120gb C partition was running with <30mb free this morning... That'll have to be the first purchase of next month, i'm seeing a bad habit developing here!

>_<

Had a 3 day conference on diachronic syntax this week - fun times, but very tired now.

MY UKULELE ARRIVED! Wootage. Can't decide what I'm gonna name it yet. Girls names beginning with a "you" sound? Or other suggestions?

Yuko?

Le Haxxorz.

I both wondered and wandered, but my wondering was more interesting than my wandering so it took precedence in my post.

Last night I had my second date with the girl who the first went well with, and it was another great success. I'll definitely be seeing her again.

Not sure what to do today, I might go and buy one of the new xboxes but I'm not sure if i really want one. Maybe I'll just buy a game?

Was at a housewarming get-together at one of my friends' last night. Much fun and hilarity was had, especially when I had to incorporate the word "penis" into every single sentence I said.