NEurope

Ah I could use some good back cracking I think heh. My back, shoulders and neck tense up a lot and feel rock hard (and you know, with those knots in there), so a good massage would be nice haha.

She was telling me it was a combination of my recent stress and stuff like my job all last year where I was at a computer all the time. I really need to not just sort out my posture but also how my computer is set up.

I crack my neck several times a day. It feels awesome to do, if you can get a good sweep all the way around of big cracks it's really satisfying.

In the middle I asked if cracking your fingers was bad. She said yes. I was sad.

I can crack my back by crossing my legs when sitting down and tensing. THAT feels awesome. :D

...and cannot be good. :p

She was telling me it was a combination of my recent stress and stuff like my job all last year where I was at a computer all the time. I really need to not just sort out my posture but also how my computer is set up.

In the middle I asked if cracking your fingers was bad. She said yes. I was sad.

I can crack my back by crossing my legs when sitting down and tensing. THAT feels awesome. :D

...and cannot be good. :p

I think I sorta had the same thing a few years ago. Had some serious back problems due to lots of stress and depression and sitting behind a desk constantly. Had to go to a chiropractor for a while to sort it out. So yeah, changing your life style and posture should help. =)

And cracking fingers is badddd. So I assume cracking other body parts is just as bad haha.

The long-term consequences of this practice have not been studied thoroughly, and the scientific evidence is inconclusive. The common parental advice "cracking your knuckles gives you arthritis" is not supported by any evidence, but habitual knuckle crackers are more likely to have hand swelling and lower grip strength attributed to stretched tendons.[6] It is unknown whether these effects are caused by knuckle cracking or if knuckle cracking is a symptom, as it relieves excess pressure in joints.

Wikipedia reference-linkCracking joints

I've got a slight herniated disc which can cause be bitch loads of pain some days depending on how I slept the night before. It would go away if I could rest it, unfortunately I cant afford to lay still for 2 months. The other alternative would be an operation. Back surgery, no thanks.

cracking your joints on purpose will cause wear and will eventually lead to (very painful) arthritis (Wikipedia reference-linkosteoarthritis) So donnnnn't do it. =( My joints click, snap, pop, and lock up every time I move them >____<

Also in other news - I have an internet stalker! Dunno whether to be flattered, scared or both. Haha.

My sisters colleague asked my sister if I claim DLA, which I was kind of surprised at. Just claim for the hell of it? whyy. :(

Edited by Raining_again

I crack my neck several times a day. It feels awesome to do, if you can get a good sweep all the way around of big cracks it's really satisfying.

I tilt my neck from side to side. Like you see on Dragonball Z. It's like the real thing! :awesome:

ughhh just woke up... I am dying sick ...

I can't even go to doctor.. I have my 21st next week and I totally have got to get better by then so i can re-kill myself with alchohol oh ha :D

cracking your joints on purpose will cause wear and will eventually lead to (very painful) arthritis (Wikipedia reference-linkosteoarthritis) So donnnnn't do it. =( My joints click, snap, pop, and lock up every time I move them >____<

Also in other news - I have an internet stalker! Dunno whether to be flattered, scared or both. Haha.

My sisters colleague asked my sister if I claim DLA, which I was kind of surprised at. Just claim for the hell of it? whyy. :(

No, no, no. Theres no scientific evidence of this at all. It's just an old wife's tale to stop kids from doing it.

I think I sorta had the same thing a few years ago. Had some serious back problems due to lots of stress and depression and sitting behind a desk constantly. Had to go to a chiropractor for a while to sort it out. So yeah, changing your life style and posture should help. =)

And cracking fingers is badddd. So I assume cracking other body parts is just as bad haha.

Yeah, I think a chiropractor is my next port of call.

Yeah, I think a chiropractor is my next port of call.

It helped me lots I think. I was expecting her to crack my back and all that, but she actually used some weird circular rubbing technique all over my body, even on my stomach and chest, while I only had back pains. Even if that was weird, it did help so oh well. =P

Hope you can fix those back problems!

Sounds awesome. I don't have too many problems with my back at the moment (although enough) but if I carry on like this I will so this is a pre-emptive strike. :smile:

I crack my neck, too. My idol is Agent Smith from The Matrix. But what I love most is cracking my back, especially when I wake up in the morning. From lying on my back, I sit up, reach over with my left hand, press it against my right leg, and at the same time I twist my back as far as I can clockwise. Repeat on the other side. On a good day I can get about 5 to 10 cracks on each side! :D

Lovely day doing Edinburgh Fringe Festival things. Went to see Ginger & Black, they were funny, but I was underwhelmed after seeing them at a free taster of the comedy bits on offer thing the other day. Hilarious songs though.

Then got free tickets to go see Stand By My Van, a show that was meant to be a reality TV show where the last contestant standing up with a hand on the big truck in the centre of the stage won. Pretty funny and very well acted. Actually tense as the clock went on past 70 hours! I loved seeing who went out and who didn't. Lovely for free.

A few of my joints, elbows, knees, toes and thumbs lock-up and need to be "cracked". Maybe one day I'll crack my elbow and it'll ping off.

That would be You've Been Framed material.

My day consisted of some reading and then playing Zelda OoT. I'm going to complete it and then start MM.

Edited by Wesley

Thanks everyone! Gizmo, I know what you mean, as soon as I got out on the road today I dropped loads of etiquette, it's awful but feels a bit more natural. I still like to think I drive very safely though.

So far today, I havn't stopped playing Flipnote.

[flip=9452A58031D2E5F0]D2E5F0_0908E36E4F05B_000?in=ch/11538524696661825031[/flip]

If moths were people then I'd probably love them; they're spontaneous, unpredictable, charismatic even. But they're not people, they're moths. A nuisance.

Went to town with Happenstance, then to Oxford where I had a meal at Nandos and then went to watch Bill Bailey. It was ace.

If moths were people then I'd probably love them; they're spontaneous, unpredictable, charismatic even. But they're not people, they're moths. A nuisance.

Although they live in other peoples clothing, repeatedly bang into things and like to fly at you... so does that make them the crazy hobo's of the insect world?

It's been a depressing day, and I really have nobody to talk to right now, so I guess my thoughts will have to go here.

My best friend (or ex best friend, whatever), a guy who in my lonely 6th form days where I never got on with anyone due to a crippling case of depression, and, well, rage...I found out that he committed suicide a few days ago. The weird thing is that I loved that guy, in the way you love a manic depressive brother; you check up on him from time to time, see if he's ok, take him out for a few drinks, and thats about it. We kept each other company through hard times, and were pretty much inseparable for a while, until I went to university. He had dropped out of 6th form, after a suicide attempt. Thats the thing I never understood about that boy, he was tall, good looking, going to one of the best school in the country, training for the England olympic rowing team, was popular and had a great girlfriend. But he was miserable and hated his life. After that everything sort of disintegrated. He left his girlfriend, quit rowing, starting doing nothing but going to the gym and hanging out at Games Workshop. And I was secretly thankful, because I looked like less of a loser in comparison.

The thing is...when term finished, we hung out once, and he was the same, and I had changed. I was more confident, and assured, and the dynamic that we had, sitting aroung in a bar trying to pull and bitching about life had changed. But I knew that I was the only person he had seen for months that he would consider a friend. I felt bad then, but nowhere how I do now. It's just a testimony to human callousness, how little we feel for the needs of others, even the people closest to us. I feel terrible, but I know its more because I know I will never see him again, never have the pleasure of his company, rather than because of his loss, or the loss of his parents. It frightens me, sure, to think that someone can do that, but that again just reminds me of the selfishness of emotion. I got the news while sitting with my family, and I kept myself composed, which is what I feel the worst about, when that poor boy has gone and taken his own life through sheer loneliness, and all I could think about was not embarrassing myself by getting emotional.

Anyway, I needed an outlet, something to rant at.

All I can think is that at least he wont be miserable anymore, and wont have to put up with shit friends.

Sorry to hear about your loss, dude.

You're blaming yourself, and that is a very natural thing to do. You said yourself that you were the guy's best friend, so this is just a testimony to how well you valued his friendship. At some point in our lives, we all have a friend like that who we are very close to, but then it sometimes fades, sometimes people grow apart. That is not your fault at all.

You said yourself that this guy had it all at one stage, and I guess if you have all those things and are still not happy, then maybe he saw that was never going to be happy. I guess nobody can know for sure how he was truely feeling unless you were him.

*hugs for The Bard* I'm on MSN if you fancy a chat or need it.

Thanks man, you're great. I just feel the need to blame something you know? I thought he would always be around and whenever I felt like I could just pull that old friendship out and dust it off. He was a good, caring lad, and its a sad lesson. Its just too bad that all the good memories come flooding back when you know you can never experience them again. Thats all I really have to say about that. Thanks for listening Flink =).

Thanks man, you're great. I just feel the need to blame something you know? I thought he would always be around and whenever I felt like I could just pull that old friendship out and dust it off. He was a good, caring lad, and its a sad lesson. Its just too bad that all the good memories come flooding back when you know you can never experience them again. Thats all I really have to say about that. Thanks for listening Flink =).

The good thing about memories is that they will always be there for as long as you remember them. Nobody can take those away. And, the good thing is that they are kept between you and him, and that's one special part of a friendship.

Some people go through most of their lives where they just know people, and do not have that kind of bond that you had with him. So, be thankful for that. He was a good friend to you, and that's how you'll remember him.

*hugs Bard*

Don't blame yourself, as I was reading your post, I thought exactly what Flink said: if he had it all, and still wasn't happy, maybe it just wasn't meant to be. Maybe, as much as I despise the phrase and thought I'd never use it myself, it's for the best, if most of what he experienced was loneliness.

The sudden revival of good memories of him is undoubtedly difficult to bear, but if they are as many as you say, you can not only say that you knew him, but that you are proud to have done so.

Thats the thing I never understood about that boy, he was tall, good looking, going to one of the best school in the country, training for the England olympic rowing team, was popular and had a great girlfriend. But he was miserable and hated his life.

Happiness isn't so easily quantified. If he was unhappy with himself than all of that stuff is fluff, however much other people might have envied his position. If anything his 'success' could have made things worse; the traditional view would be that he had every reason to be happy, creating a cocktail of misery, guilt and confusion that's even harder to swallow. When you can see a cause for your unhappiness there's something there to fight against, but if that's missing you'll turn on yourself instead.

Friends can only carry you so far, sometimes one good enemy is just as important. Someone to rile against, something to overcome or prove wrong; a parent, a teacher, your social class or upbringing. "I just feel the need to blame something, you know?" We all need a reason to keep fighting.

In short, don't blame yourself. Every friend is a good one, it's just a shame that yours needed an enemy, something you couldn't be. It's infuriating. It's unfair. But it's nobody's fault.