NEurope

I realise why I've stayed away from this thread before. It's because most people's days are usually shit. Come on, peoples, you're bringing the mood down. :( Doesn't anything good ever happen to you? It could be anything. Like today, I started school again. Now I'm in the third year and thus the oldest, and in a year I graduate and can get into uni to study my favourite subjects. Plus it was lovely too see everyone again and get into a daily rhythm. :)

Dude, I got a free fucking monitor. How happy d'ya need it to be?! ;)

Spent more of today watching Dexter and practicing drawing, starting to remember how much I used to love to draw and I think im getting a bit better.

Now just have to think of something new to draw, I seem to be leaning towards superheroes with half their face covered at the moment. I never was very good at drawing faces.....or hands come to think of it.

Nice one dewd. I did some hax drawing today, and I'm starting to think my style is quite....good. If I do say so myself. Not amazing though. Gonna scan it all in, in a second.

After I've sorted out obtaining Word and PS.

Nice one dewd. I did some hax drawing today, and I'm starting to think my style is quite....good. If I do say so myself. Not amazing though. Gonna scan it all in, in a second.

After I've sorted out obtaining Word and PS.

I need to start working out my own style, at the moment im just working on getting things to look like the originals. Looking through my gallery so far its Jim Lee style, Ottley style and Bruce Timm style. No Happenstance style in sight!

Nightwolf: They're saying you'll get cancer from the pill? Pffff how stupid of them to say that. I don't think you'll have more of a chance of developing cancer because of it really, if you did I think it would come with bigger warnings and stuff. So don't listen to that nurse; maybe she secretly wants all people to become pregnant or something! =O
No it can have an effect.
http://www.cancerhelp.org.uk/help/default.asp?page=2572

The pill does increase the risk of some cancers, but lowers the risk of others. Any increase in cancer risk from taking the pill seems to go back to normal once you stop taking it.

It would be wrong to totally discount what the nurse said because there are certain things to think about, especially if there is a history of cancer in the family.

But I definately think there are better ways the nurse could have handled the issue.

I need to start working out my own style, at the moment im just working on getting things to look like the originals. Looking through my gallery so far its Jim Lee style, Ottley style and Bruce Timm style. No Happenstance style in sight!

Mines a definitive mixture of Ed McGuiness, Humberto Ramos, Chris Bachalo and Ryan Ottley.

No it can have an effect.

It would be wrong to totally discount what the nurse said because there are certain things to think about, especially if there is a history of cancer in the family.

But I definately think there are better ways the nurse could have handled the issue.

The thing is that pretty much everything these days can give you cancer though. And that page does say that it lowers the risk of some cancers too, so it kinda evens it out I guess. Honestly I wouldn't stop taking the pill simply because it gives me a bit of a higher risk of cancer... because I don't want to end up carrying a baby around in the near future. Plus the pill helps with menstruation pains too (at least for me), so yeah.

Anyway, I think that nurse was just rude to say it the way she did I guess. It's up to nightwolf to decide what she wants to do with the pill; scaring people about possible side-effects just doesn't help really.

I went to the train station today to book my tickets to get to London. The woman at the station who I first saw initially tried to charge me 63 quid for an open ticket, but then did say that if I gave the exact times that she could do something a bit cheaper maybe. So, I went home, wrote down the times (which I should have done first time around, but I forgot as the sun was shining nicely outside, and I was excited about that more than the tickets, haha), and went back to the station. Spoke to another ticket person, and my tickets now come to a grand total of 44 quid, minus the cost of using the underground. However, it does mean that I am two hours early getting there, before my actual check in time, and two/three hours waiting around when I'm coming back the other way.

Still, 44 quid + the underground tickets...that is not exactly much cheaper at all than it is to get from London to Belgium on the Eurostar. And, it's actually a fair bit quicker, around about an hour. Hmm.

I was so hot and sweaty from the walk and sunshine that I had another shower when I got back home, heh.

The thing is that pretty much everything these days can give you cancer though. And that page does say that it lowers the risk of some cancers too, so it kinda evens it out I guess. Honestly I wouldn't stop taking the pill simply because it gives me a bit of a higher risk of cancer... because I don't want to end up carrying a baby around in the near future. Plus the pill helps with menstruation pains too (at least for me), so yeah.

Anyway, I think that nurse was just rude to say it the way she did I guess. It's up to nightwolf to decide what she wants to do with the pill; scaring people about possible side-effects just doesn't help really.

It can by putting more estrogen into my system, which helps cancer, it's apprently something like an increased 1% even with my mum dying of it when I was young.

I decided after research to stick with it, if I moved to the one the nurse wants me on, I get an increased risk of ovary cancer instead, so really I can't win regardless. The nurses advice isn't discounted, but she didn't quite tell me the full story.

She even said 'stick with condoms' to which I then had to explain why I can't, she didn't quite understand that even when they don't have latex in them people can get reactions..sigh.

I knew when I took the pill that I was high risk, lets face it when your mother dies of cancer your bound to be high risk anyway. I honestly don't care as much as people tell me I SHOULD, I mean why should I? I'd only live in fear every second of my days.

Being single at 22 isn't too much of a big deal, being single can suck, but your life doesn't end at 25 <3.

Yes it does. Logan's Run FTW!

I beleive that was 30.

And it does suck ;)

(being single, not Logan's Run. Logan's Run is fucking awesome.)

I'm going to jump on the Logan's Run is awesome bandwagon. Has anyone seen the TV show? Worth a watch?

It can by putting more estrogen into my system, which helps cancer, it's apprently something like an increased 1% even with my mum dying of it when I was young.

I decided after research to stick with it, if I moved to the one the nurse wants me on, I get an increased risk of ovary cancer instead, so really I can't win regardless. The nurses advice isn't discounted, but she didn't quite tell me the full story.

She even said 'stick with condoms' to which I then had to explain why I can't, she didn't quite understand that even when they don't have latex in them people can get reactions..sigh.

I knew when I took the pill that I was high risk, lets face it when your mother dies of cancer your bound to be high risk anyway. I honestly don't care as much as people tell me I SHOULD, I mean why should I? I'd only live in fear every second of my days.

The nurse should be giving you the best option for you. I mean, looking at all of these options, the nurse was pushing you to the other pill, but even that comes with a risk. But, like Ine said, there's a risk with everything nowadays. So, just go with what works best for you. It's wrong for people to live in fear, and I don't like the way that nurses and doctors can sometimes try to scare patients a bit too much when talking about the what ifs. It's a possibility, but it's not a certainty.

Don't dwell on it too much. They're trying to give you some advice, but it probably didn't come across in the most empathetic way at all.

Edit: Logan's Run is awesome.

Miss Wolf, if you do feel worried about things you could always make some lifestyle adjustments to balance things out. Cruciferous vegetables — like brocolli and cabbage — and whole grain bread are supposed to help level out estrogen imbalances, so it isn't like you'd be swallowing a concoction of capsules every day either.

Maybe the nurse dressed up a contraceptive like a cyanide pill because she's jealous due to not getting any. Who can say? All I know is that everything we do is somehow bad for us and we're all going to die of avian flu/swine flu/badger flu/the credit crunch.

I'm alright, honestly. It shook me more about how she talked about my mum than the fact I might contract cancer. I knew I would be more likely to get it than anybody else, everybody has their little bugs, my friend might get diabeties by 40 for example.

Its fine, I'm fine, I'm changing doctors which is all good, thanks for the support people.

Just don't have sex, problem solved!

The pill isn't just for sex, unfortunetly us females do have a tough time whilst having that time of the month and the pill helps alot.

ok, so im a bit annoyed. at work, i was promised a lift by the person sitting next to me, only she then decided to go on a night out. the person who persuaded her to go out knew i was needing a lift, yet there wasnt so much as a sorry to me, it wasnt even referenced. if it wasnt for the fact i was sat next to her, id not have known.

im 22, single and my jobs a joke. i could be a sitcom character, but im not :(.

*Doesn't understand why you got flack for posting this*

*Doesn't understand why you got flack for posting this*

My day has been boring got PC back though so thats pretty sweet!

*joins in with pill discussion*

sure it does very slightly increase your risk, yea, but that's what regular smears are for (urrrgh - but totally neccesary!). That nurse was just being nasty, they should be treating patients with care and understanding - especially in that kind of delicate situation. :(

Pill all teh way. I have an implant that's basically the same as the pill (and lasts for 2/3 years) - and I no longer have those women problems at all, woohoo! :D

Family planning rocks! /o/

This is McMadNess!

I remember my ex saying that she tried to get on the pill, but was told she couldn't have it, since it would have caused her to have strokes or something. Her Mum was a nurse, too, so I trust that it was quite informed advice, heh.

went to work in a good mood today, left my house feeling all perky and ready to take on the world, when all of a sudden i reach my car and find a huge dent in the rear bumper. i stood starring at it in disbelief, walked round my car to see if everything else was all-right and what else do i find? a massive key mark running from the rear of my car all the way up to the bonnet. i was in so much shock that i just jumped in my car and drove to work nearly killing about 5 cyclist on the way so on top of stressing about how much its gonna cost to fix my car, im getting an ear bashing from all these tour de france wannabe's.

finally get to work, by now my anger has turned into depression (you could literally see me a mile away dragging my bottom lip across the floor), and i was just hoping that none of the annoying managers would see me. just as that thought crossed my mind who do i see? The biggest wanker of a manager walking towards me with intent. i literally looked up in the sky (no joke) and said "God please stop this madness" and before i could get a response i got this Borat looking mofo suffering from short man syndrome going into one about expectations and demands for the company etc. the entire 5 mins or so he was blabbering all i could imagine myself doing is giving him the clothes-line from hell causing him to spiral down the walk way crashing into the gates, which i must admit cheered me up for a sec until my Anime style imagination came to an abrupt end due to Borat poking me in the chest saying "Do you UNDERSTAND boy! (yes he actually called me boy even though he's no taller than my knee caps). by this time i had stopped caring and simply replied "nope" and continued to walk into work. not only did that little bastard make me late but he also phoned the other managers upstairs to inform them of my insolence. lucky for me the other managers working weren't little pricks like Borat so once i explained my morning to them they let me off with a mild warning, and im glad to say that was the end of my day of madness as the rest of the day went fine.

damn i feel better now i got that off my chest lol

*facepalm*

Dude, I got a free fucking monitor. How happy d'ya need it to be?! ;)

We can always count on you to lighten the mood. ;)

I was more referring to the fact that I sometimes feel people only post the negative stuff that happen to them. People forget about the positive things. Be it in the small everyday things like the sunshine or a nice smell, a happy smile from a friend or birds singing. The mountains, the clear blue sky, big bridges, when great whales fly, the whole world, all its sights and sounds, boom de yada, boom de yada. :)

*joins in with pill discussion*

sure it does very slightly increase your risk, yea, but that's what regular smears are for (urrrgh - but totally neccesary!). That nurse was just being nasty, they should be treating patients with care and understanding - especially in that kind of delicate situation. :(

Pill all teh way. I have an implant that's basically the same as the pill (and lasts for 2/3 years) - and I no longer have those women problems at all, woohoo! :D

Family planning rocks! /o/

If I had monthlys with the implant then I'd jump for it, but there's no garantee with it compared to alot of pills.

I can't have a smear for breast cancer, I'll have screening, lucky me gets it before 50..wahey? :indeed:

My new doctors is very family orientated, so hopefully they'll be alot better.

Ok...positive because 'How was your day?' is a question you supposadely can't answer negatively on this forum!

WE'VE EXCHANGED CONTRACTS! WOOOP! Hopefully we'll be moving September 1st, i'm so excited and scared..and like i said..after 7 months of going through it all i'm drained...but today has been brilliant! :):yay::heart: