NEurope

12th July is bad enough in the West of Scotland, hate to think how it is in Northern Ireland

Please enlighten me, what's on the 12th of July?

I almost forgot about this, but yesterday there was a thunderstorm (finally!) and there was lightning everywhere. We were all watching tv when all of a sudden... BAM!

Lightning hits, bright flash, loud bang, some orange spark somewhere and then everything going dark heh. Seems lightning hit somewhere close to us and we lost power. We were the only ones to lose power too. Was kind of scary but cool too. Good thing nothing got fried heh. =P

Orkney is dull. I've done the touristy stuff last year.

There is gold across the river, but I don't want none. Gold is fleeting, gold is fickle, gold is fun.

That said, my aunt/cousin (who I'm staying with) have Sky, so I'm watching more TV than usual. My favourite TV shows are Miami Ink/L.A Ink/London Ink. I want a tattoo more than ever now. I love how in the U.S based ones, everyone has a heart-warming story, is beautiful, and it doesn't cause them pain, whereas in the London one, all the clients ask for shite tattoos and cry throughout.

My sister and I loll'd so much at the "reality" of when a camera crew just happens to film Kat Von D and her boyfriend in the bath, like crying and shaking together.

Its a unionist celebration in N.Ireland which to me represents all of the bad feelings between the unionists (ones who want to stay as part of the UK) and the nationalists (who want Ireland to be as a whole)

Lots of flute bands, bonfires, and drunken louts.

Had the most amazing birthday night out yesterday evening. Ended up going to Dempsy's in Sheffield, a place I absolutely love, and didn't leave until around 5am. Fun? Yes. Did it get better? Obviously. I was dancing and happened to turn round and the exact moment one of my housemates and another close friend of mine, who comes across (and to an extent actually is) as the most innocent girl you could ever meet, getting utterly down and dirty. Seeing two women getting off in a gay club? Yawn. Seeing those two? AMAZING.

No one said anything in the morning. We then got in a taxi to the train station, and I turned to Annabel and said "...You're a dark horse, aren't you?". Her expression was like "I knew you wouldn't let me get away with it, Josh. Bitch". I adore the fact that she's just now going through the vaguely curious stage most people go through at about 14. It's beyond cute.

Yay lesbians.

Edited by Slaggis

Just got of the phone from a customer who was chasing their order. She sounded exactly like Karen Gillan. I almost proposed to her right there on the phone.

Well... i'll re-tell my tale of Saturday evening.

Girlfriend is out at a Hen night, so i've got the night to play xbox.

i go through my back catalouge of games i've not completed and come across Quantum of Solace.

i started playing it on hardest difficulty yonks ago, so resumed my campaign on hardest difficulty.

well a few hours pass and i complete the game, so im happy expecting a nice payout of achievements... i get ONE... for 15g - Complete Echo Hotel Level.

ummm excuse me... where the fuck is my 145g for completing it on 007 mode (worth 70g alone) and the other 3 level difficulty achievements which ARE stackable (i checked)

OH MY FUCKING LIFE... i was so angry... i felt cheated, robbed, raped... i'm not gunna lie...

i enjoy a good 360 boosting session, and get satisfaction from gaining achievements. so i was fucking distraught when i didnt get the expected 145g payout.

i dont know what to do.. i could complete it again on 007 mode, and would fly through it quicker on this occaison, but why should i.

Alas that is my story of the gamerscore that will never be (untill i re-complete the game)

anyone else had problems with that game regarding not getting achievements.

Murr, I have the answer to your problem.

Don't give a shit.

Anyways, had a job interview today. I think it went well. Got to wait until next week until I hear anything.

Murr, I have the answer to your problem.

Don't give a shit.

Anyways, had a job interview today. I think it went well. Got to wait until next week until I hear anything.

i do give a shit though :( Achievements are a guilty pleasure of mine.

OH MY FUCKING LIFE... i was so angry... i felt cheated, robbed, raped... i'm not gunna lie...

i enjoy a good 360 boosting session, and get satisfaction from gaining achievements. so i was fucking distraught when i didnt get the expected 145g payout.

i dont know what to do.. i could complete it again on 007 mode, and would fly through it quicker on this occaison, but why should i.

Alas that is my story of the gamerscore that will never be (untill i re-complete the game)

anyone else had problems with that game regarding not getting achievements.

This is literally the most retarded post I've ever read.

This is literally the most retarded post I've ever read.

So's your face

i do give a shit though :( Achievements are a guilty pleasure of mine.

At least be grateful you actually got something to begin with!

OOh pretty interesting email just been sent to our department.

the whole of the IT team, Development Team (thats me ;) ), Business Analyst Team, and Testing team have been requested to attend a meeting at 17:00 tonight and it finishes at 17:30, at the bottom of the email it reads... "And then please all make your way to the bores head pub after the meeting, this is recommended!"

so 3 things stand out here.

1 - The meeting is out of our working hours... we all finish at 5. so after hours meeting.

2 - Its the whole of our IT Department

3 - We're recommended to go to the pub after this meeting and the email has been sent from our Director of IT.

soo...

Ka-ching payrise OR p45 pleasure working with you...

achievement stresss

I've borrowed QoS off a mate and am taking it slowly. I did a preusal of what achievements there were to see if I could get them in one run, and decided against it, intead I'll do two or three. But while I looked it up I'm sure I remember there being issues with some achievement recognitions, and they said effectively you gotta do it all again!

Ignore sheikah, he seems to be pretty grumpy recently. Achievements ftw :P

So I woke up about half an hour ago after going to sleep at about 4am. I would feel guilty but having had only had four hours sleep the day before and having to go to work on that, it sort of balances out.

On another note, I've found I finally have a decent amount of work hours. This week I'm in for 18 hours, which is pretty ideal. May not sound like much but it's a vast improvement on the 6 they've been giving me - which turned into ten because I had to cover for some people. Let's hope this continues.

I'd be pretty pissed if that happened to me too Murr! Good luck with the job thing, hopefully its good news =P

Well so far it's been pretty shit, I just failed my driving test. woo yay party

Well so far it's been pretty shit, I just failed my driving test. woo yay party

Aw dyson, sure you know all the awesome people pass second time!! :heh: *loads of hugs*

Great success! On the verge of getting with a chick I've liked for a while..

But in the news leading to this, which will lose me respect, it's cause she's liked me too for a while and is now utilising the fact her and her fiancée have had a huge week long argument which she hopes will lead to their break up.

I played no part in this, I just made him jealous of the fact that I'm the funnier one.

I feel mildly guilty though.

Ignore sheikah, he seems to be pretty grumpy recently. Achievements ftw :P

Well, no, I just found someone saying they felt raped and so utterly distraught over not getting achievements completely ridiculous. I like achievements, but that's just completely OTT.

Well, no, I just found someone saying they felt raped and so utterly distraught over not getting achievements completely ridiculous. I like achievements, but that's just completely OTT.

I think this might be worth considering.

Fucking awesome day. :D :D :D

Shit loads of trophies on Uncharted 2, nearly finished it on Crushing, nearly got my first Platinum trophey, nearly got every trophey possible (meaning the additional multiplayer ones they added)

Did two (okay) Comedy Rainbow things.

Checked bank balance which is looking surprisingly healthy. The not spending shit routine is going pretty well.

Watched Predators which I found to be really awesome.

Claires birthday present arrived where it didn't look 100% likely that it would even arrive in time. Remembered to buy a card/choccies/dvd-that-someone-else-probably-bought-her-woops.

And just found out having Chilli for dinner.

I could get used to this lark. :p Shame it'll end one day.

Edited by ReZourceman

Sounds good. Basically my day in a short post to spare the boredom;

Played Unch with Rez, did my first day at a work placement for an accountancy firm. Confusing stuff involving filing 8 million receipts in different places for different reasons.

+ Photocopying.

Hopefully do some more productive gaming along with Lilt consumption.

If only life was like that Rez, but alas it will end one day.

Spent 2 1/2 hours at the new house bored. Had to wait for the blind-man to fit the blinds, luckly he wasn't too long. Which was nice.

Went out for a walk earlier, bought my first bottle of Mountain Dew (first time i seen it in the shops). Was quite nice, had it with a belgian bun. Showed my parents the blinds, very impressed. Now chilling out this evening before work tomorrow (4 days in, then 2 off, then 4 in, then 3 off)

Had a grand time playing putt n' putter for a couple of hours! Never played golf before. In a mess-about afterwards I managed to whack one onto the main road, nearly causing an accident... whoops.

In mother-related news; I bought her a £400 laptop, and now of course she wants her stuff off the PC. Got that sorted out, and now she's saying that she doesn't like the laptop because she is "sensitive to the power coming out of it", claiming it is actually hurting her.

So this either means I'll be swapping laptops with hers (which has a slightly bigger screen, bigger hard drive, larger processor, so fairly win) and/or she'll need to use a keyboard/mouse... which defeats the whole point of buying the laptop, which was to free up space in the lounge by getting rid of the desk. ENDLESS.

Now for an evening of frustration with various video games!