NEurope

Decided that I hadn't learned my lesson last time and decided to bike to Oxford again. It's a 50 mile round trip. Left at 12:45, got there at 2:15, left at 4, got home at 6:30. Quite proud of those times. Quite like looking at the route in this view:

epicjourneyfull.jpg

A few musings from the journey:

The comfort saddle is a lie.

My testicles have now been nicknamed "Null" and "Void".

My arse feels like it's been spanked by every willing and able person in Oxfordshire.

After consuming a whole mess of Lucozade, I have what can only be described as monumental diabetes.

Considering all the bikes in Oxford, I couldn't find a bike shop in the city centre. I didn't look hard though to be fair.

After my water bottle leaked Lucozade all over my bike, I threw it into a layby. I should have drank the rest of the contents first.

When exhausted and thirsty, I realised how much of a hindrance not being able to breathe and swallow at the same time is.

I'm too stubborn for my own good.

Oxford has a better attractive/beast ratio than Banbury.

Checking my tire pressure before I went was the best thing I've ever done. It might be the best thing mankind has ever done.

I genuinely don't understand how, despite taking the exact same route there and back, I was cycling uphill all the time.

Milk was a mistake.

Taking my camera bag was foolish and a waste of time.

A spongy, padded backpack may seem like a good idea, but it absorbs sweat like Loose Women absorb cake.

I'm not as tired as I though I would be/I was last time.

If you're going to piss in a bush it is far better to stand on the road side of the bush facing away from the road than standing on the field side facing the road. If any passing motorists were surveying the hedgerow with binoculars, they may have seen my penis.

Edited by Goafer

Considering all the bikes in Oxford, I couldn't find a bike shop in the city centre. I didn't look hard though to be fair.

Oxford has a better attractive/beast ratio than Banbury.

There are about 3 quite good bike shops in Cowley, Oxford like just over magdalen bridge.

I agreed with the ratio! mmmmm the sun brings them out...

Spent all of today with a few good friends playing squash, making stacked sandwhiches then playing a fun little roleplay type card game called Munchkin. I've never really played any sort of roleplay card game before, and I'd have to say that this was like a fun, relaxed card game that almost anyone could play. I wouldn't actually say it was really a roleplaying card game. It's just great fun, and I might consider getting it.

I hate girls.

I got in trouble for something I had no clue about today. Hours later, I have not received a text back.

Damn you women.

I hate girls.

I got in trouble for something I had no clue about today. Hours later, I have not received a text back.

Damn you women.

poster40328900.jpg

Got up at 2pm. Bummed around till 8, when we went on a pub crawl.

It was really unsuccessful. He got to the first pub fine, got a drink etc, then went on to the second, which was full to the brim. As was the third. We went to the Union bar, but that was closed because there was a black tie event on. Then we went to the college bar, which is really really depressing. So then we went to Balliol college bar, which was really awkward, because everyone there knew we weren't from Balliol, and they had a "Spring Break" bop, so we were the only people not in summery fancy dress.

BUT THEN, bumped into Alexandros, the Greek guy I had sex 3/2 times with last term. I thought it would be awkward, because I saw him out the corner of my eye, and was like to Laura "Fuck, *he's* here, it's going to be really awkward.", but then he came up to me and started a convo.

We then went outside, and walked around Balliol gardens. I got a text from Laura, saying they were going onwards. We then went into the fellows garden, which you're not allowed in, and he showed me this stunning secret garden which you had to go through a mini-hedge maze to get to. I was genuinely impressed by this.

Then we started making out. Etc etc. Good times.

BUT THEN, another couple came in to this garden. And general awkwardness and pants-downedness. So we left, and I realised it was massively awkward to stay because everyone else was from Balliol / going to the bop, and I was quite drunk and incapable of being like "Let's go back to your flat", so I left to find my pub-crawling friends, telling him to text me.

They were in the pub down the road, and I bumped into them as they were leaving to come back to Jesus, so we all came back here and sat in my room and watched YouTube videos. The spanish guy from A Single Man is not as hot as all the girls make him out to be.

Now going to bed.

Managed to do 1600 words today (that's nothing, I know, I can't write) and hope to maybe get to 2500. Pretty much done 17,000 so far, yay.

Quality over quantity. :smile:

You can do it!!!

Quality over quantity. :smile:

You can do it!!!

Haha thanks! Though I doubt there's much quality in the words I'm writing. Keep repeating myself over and over. And it's super boring. I pity the people who have to read through this, I really do. =P

Got a free ticket to Playdub for tonight

Got back a moment ago, my ear is fucking killing, the bass was incredible, never heard anything like it.

So far my day has consisted of me waking up early and preparing to go rummage through people's junk at a few car boot sales, favoured passtime of the impoverished. Here's hoping I can find some new dirty underpants from a Lithuanian with the crabs.

Yesterday me and the better half went for a 3 hour walk around the peak district! Including some moderately dangerous climbing :D Very awesome. Legs killing me. Feet sore.

I hate girls.

Damn you women.

You know, your phone has another major function besides text messages. Edited by Shorty

I'm back at Uni, so now I've got to do work. Shit.

Is it bad of me to just go "lunch time!" before I've even started work?

-Bleached my hair, I'll wash it off in about 20 mins.

- Finishing a "poster" for my friends band, it's really shite

- I'm so angry that my DVD of The Dark Knight is missing...listening to the soundtrack has me riveted.

Planning to finally go check out Kick-Ass later and fall in line with everyone else praising the hell out of it. I also ate a sausage sandwich which was pretty damn great.

So hyped for the Evangelion 1.11 Blu Ray hitting shops tomorrow. Hope my local HMV has copies of their exclusive instore otherwise it's questin' time into London for a looksie around up there. My local town has been gutted of DVD/entertainment stores after Woolies and Zavvi closed down.

Might pick up Avatar too if I can find a decent price instore. Have DVD versions of films replaced digital copies in Blu Rays? It's about time they did.

Booked my bus tickets to get me to Rage Factor way down in London. A 9 hour coach journey, eww. But should be worth it!

Planning to finally go check out Kick-Ass later and fall in line with everyone else praising the hell out of it. I also ate a sausage sandwich which was pretty damn great.

So hyped for the Evangelion 1.11 Blu Ray hitting shops tomorrow. Hope my local HMV has copies of their exclusive instore otherwise it's questin' time into London for a looksie around up there. My local town has been gutted of DVD/entertainment stores after Woolies and Zavvi closed down.

Might pick up Avatar too if I can find a decent price instore. Have DVD versions of films replaced digital copies in Blu Rays? It's about time they did.

asda are doing the dvd version for £8!!

Edited by AeroScap

Such an amazingly beautiful day today. It's nice and warm (up to 25°C), but not too hot; perfect temperature. Went on a super short bike ride to a postbox and all the smells you encounter is just great: tons of different flowers, freshly cut grass, BBQs... Saw two herons fly over too.

Seeing tons of butterflies and loving all the colours and the greens around me now. Honestly Spring is amazing. Anyone who doesn't agree is either a depressed negative dumbass or suffers from severe hayfever. =P

Seeing tons of butterflies and loving all the colours and the greens around me now. Honestly Spring is amazing. Anyone who doesn't agree is either a depressed negative dumbass or suffers from severe hayfever. =P

Well, here it's drizzly, overcast, about 10C (an improvement on recent days), most of the trees, bushes and flowers haven't blossomed yet and I can see two pigeons having a fight from my window. So I can take it or leave it. :heh:

Well, here it's drizzly, overcast, about 10C (an improvement on recent days), most of the trees, bushes and flowers haven't blossomed yet and I can see two pigeons having a fight from my window. So I can take it or leave it. :heh:

You just live in the wrong part of the world. Spring just hasn't arrived there yet. =P

Spring is very short lived here, and involves lots of rain =P

I do love the very rare days we get that you are talking about, ineee. (actually 25 degrees is more like a good summer to us :P)

I guess you don't like to shop online much? My copy shipped from thehut.com last Monday, for a reasonable £14.85.

Days been pretty good, first part was walking the dog. Second part of morning was at the club doing the count. Spent the rest of the day either watching the crud on TV or on DIRT2.

Thought last night was a tad funny. A young adult i know (can't say bloke yet!!!) refused to "get it on" with 2 females who were basically offering to do him. Talk about a coward, that would have been an offer i would have accepted no questions really.

I've got pink hair now.

Life's Too Good by the Sugarcubes is blowing me alternately hot and cool. (both being appreciated though)

I just realised that Bjork doesn't use guitars in any of her solo work. But all her bands beforehand were entirely rock-based. Hmm. Her solo stuff is better anyway, but interesting that I never noticed before.