N-Europe

Little King's Story

Retro_Link

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 812
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok, so I've been playing a fair bit of this, and here are my impressions so far.

It's a great game. I'm really enjoying the upgrade-your-town aspect of it. I'm visiting quite often to see if anything new has come up, haha. The art style and humour is wonderful, and I'm surprised by the difficulty of this game. I died quite a lot against the Onii King!

The only thing that is slightly annoying me is to do with the controls. Where you press Z to aim, and you see that "line". Sometimes, even if you're just slightly off, my party will run straight past an enemy! I would prefer something like the Zelda games, where you can lock on to a target, and then you just throw the party towards that target.

Apart from that, I'm loving everything about the game. You do get the sense that you are the owner of a thriving town. Just like Pikmin, you become attached the characters and feel sad if one of them does die in battle. :(

Regarding throwing your troops, I never used the 'guide line' myself, I found it a bit of a distraction... but I never really had any real problem getting my troops to go to the right enemy either. I'd suggest never using the circular 'protect the king' alignment, because then it REALLY can get confusing even as to what way you're facing, let alone what troops you are sending out.

It also becomes a lot easier to move your troops around in and out of battle as the game progresses with certain upgrades you can buy.

Enjoy though!!...

Onii King is a little tough for a first King, and infact the next two Kings you may either find difficult or frustrating... but especially once you get past those two, IMO the game REALLy comes alive and it keeps getting better and better!

:D

Regarding throwing your troops, I never used the 'guide line' myself, I found it a bit of a distraction... but I never really had any real problem getting my troops to go to the right enemy either. I'd suggest never using the circular 'protect the king' alignment, because then it REALLY can get confusing even as to what way you're facing, let alone what troops you are sending out.

It also becomes a lot easier to move your troops around in and out of battle as the game progresses with certain upgrades you can buy.

Enjoy though!!...

Onii King is a little tough for a first King, and infact the next two Kings you may either find difficult or frustrating... but especially once you get past those two, IMO the game REALLy comes alive and it keeps getting better and better!

:D

Hmm, I'll try your technique of turning the guiding thing off. I need to rely on instinct! Not lines.

The Onii King really did piss me off whilst I was playing it. Sent in my archers first of all to hit the pots that were coming at me. But, I found it hard to seriously damage him. I took about half damage off before I died. Then, somehow, I managed to do it without losing any of my men. Hurrah!

It's a great game. I'm a little worried that I may have seen everything that can be seen already, but I hope I'm wrong there.

This game also makes me a little sadfaced that we haven't seen a new Pikmin yet.

You haven't seen everything yet. Far from.

Also like Retro_Link said, you should change the formation of your people. I found the best formation to be standing in a line behind the king, easiest to send them into battle then.

You haven't seen everything yet. Far from.

Also like Retro_Link said, you should change the formation of your people. I found the best formation to be standing in a line behind the king, easiest to send them into battle then.

Hehe, that's alright then!

Is that the normal formation? Where you have them lined up in rows of 2 or 3 behind you? I know you can upgrade, and some upgrades are available (defensive and evasive) but I was saving up for something else.

I've been whoring more of this game today. Spent about...4 hours playing. Where does the time go?!

I mainly used the formation where they are in rows behind you... depending on your surroundings having them in a ling single line could lead to them taking damage... but basically keep them behind you.

And believe me, you have FAR from seen everything!! Some of this game will blow your mind! :D

Should say, I defeated King Shishkebaboo on first go last week or sometime. Whoever said he would be frustrating was wrong on that one. Found him very easy. Granted, I sent 18 troops to their death but I got him down easily enough. I mean, what would a king be if he didn't have expendable soldier : peace: Especially if they simply wash up on the beach the next day :D

He's only frustrating if you don't understand what to do... as I didn't! I just didn't understand the concept of the fight... but yeah it's easy once you know... and obviously if you get it right away! :)

He was probably my least favourite King also... *nom, nom, nom* to you too, you fat...

"Thanks. I'm sold. Gonna buy it now."

"After seeing this in a HMV for a measley 6 quid, I've now purchased this."

"I did the right thing. I bought this for my friend for his birthday. Come September, I shall do the same for myself. It makes me feel manly buying two copies of things."

N-Europe Forums: Bringing gamers to their senses since 1908.

:)

Been playing this for an hour. Started on hard and I think it was the right choice to do so.

I've defeated the cow and now the festival is going on. Is there anything special to do?

The festivals are generally a bit of sugar. They play no purpose and you won't miss anything by skipping the festivities.

• 2 months later...

Fused King, you'll be happy to know that your ramblings convinced me to buy Little King's Story when I visited London.

The bad news? I plan to play Lost Age, Dark Dawn, Path of Radiance, Radiant Dawn and DKC3 before I start on LKS.

Awesome opening, though. I expect good things from this game.

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!