NEurope
Retro_Link

Little King's Story

http://www.cubed3.com/news/8468/1/Japan_Wii%20and%20DS_Tidbits:_Camelot_Golfing_Game,_Luminous_Arc_2_and_More...

The latest edition of Famitsu magazine has now hit the streets and, as usual, the guys over at NeoGAF.com have lifted the best bits.

King Story (Wii, Marvelous Interactive)

This 'Dream Team' project has been re-confirmed as being called 'Ousama Monogatari' ('King Story'). The Cing (Another Code / Hotel Dusk), Town Factory and Marvelous Interactive (Harvest Moon, Rune Factory and much more) joint venture is being readied for a 2008 launch. and has you playing as a king, making your towns people do work and build up the country. It is an RPG with strong simulation elements and each character has his/her own way of life. Also, if you head out of town, you will come across places infested with beasts that can be killed with between one and ten of your population (of which they all have different strength levels).

57081520070829_172607_0_big.jpg

57081520070829_172609_1_big.jpg

57081520070829_185749_0_big.jpg

57081520070829_185750_1_big.jpg

57081520070829_185750_2_big.jpg

57081520070829_185750_3_big.jpg

57081520070829_185751_4_big.jpg

Now this IS the kind of game I want to see on the Wii. It sounds like it has potential and I will be keeping my eyes on it now.

O...M...G!!!! This game is gonna rocccccccck! Christ, all of a sudden the Wii is looking perky.

*winks @ the Wii"

Let me get this straight: Fire Emblem + Final Fantasy + Management?

Sounds good. I like the idea.

You can sauce us, the article's on the main site now.

Yeah but at the time it wasnt.

I dont see what the problem is with Retro using Cubed3 at the end of the day we are all gamers and we should be happy to see the news regardless of where it comes from.

I dont see what the problem is with Retro using Cubed3 at the end of the day we are all gamers and we should be happy to see the news regardless of where it comes from.

NeoGaf bashed them for being a crap site for posting NIBRIS news.

NeoGaf bashed them for being a crap for posting NIBRIS news.

Yeah the topic got posted in the Staff Boards. I still visit them and many other sites for news though.

Cheers Hero, I appreciate that!

I know you're only partly joking Jordan, but just trying to post the news as soon as I find it!

At least I make the effort to keep people informed!

i like this image i wonder How far you can expend your army a game like this would be the Bomb if it has Online play whe just have to wait one month till Tokyo game show

this game reminds me of the Overlord of xbox 360 only this game ( kings story ) looks more fun and peacefull

i only dont get it really can you Build your own shops houses castles stuff like that? cool concept though

57081520070829_185749_0_big.jpg

wow, seems like someone has really put some thought into this, it could be great. I'm loving the dragon!

More King Story details from IGN:

Marvelous Interactive's mysterious Project O now has an official name. The latest issue of Famitsu reveals that the game, being developed by an all-star staff whose resume includes Final Fantasy XII, Dragon Quest VIII and Harvest Moon, will be known in Japan as Ousama Monogatari. This translates to English as "King Story."

Following three staff interviews in which we were given nothing but artwork, the magazine also managed to come through with first screenshots of the game, as well as a few gameplay details.

In King Story, you play as Corobo Bread, a sick boy who finds a magical crown that transforms him into a fine king. Taking control of Corobo, your primary goal is to dole out jobs to residents in an effort to make your kingdom grow. Thankfully, Corobo's crown makes people follow his orders.

The game begins in a small town that, aside from your own home, consists of nothing but green fields. As you walk around, residents of this little town will follow you. Group enough people together, and you can start issuing orders for tasks like clearing the land, searching for treasure, and building roads and houses. Different tasks require different numbers of people, with groups ranging from just a few people to scores of people.

As your kingdom grows in size and population, you'll start to see new types of development. Famitsu hints that specialty stores could pop up in your town, from weapons shops to restaurants.

You'll also have to deal with pests who get in the way as you attempt to build your kingdom. In one example, a fire-breathing dragon wrecks havoc upon your kingdom. You'll have to lead a group to face off against the beast. Enemies range in size, with larger enemies requiring masses of troops to defeat. It's possible that the larger enemies will take the role of bosses as part of the storyline.

Outside of this hefty simulation component, King Story is expected to have a more personal side, where all residents have a life of their own. By communicating with some characters, you may find yourself presented with dramatic story sequences. In previous interviews, the staff has hinted at plans to have RPG-style developments the background; for the record, the game's genre is listed in Famitsu as both simulation and RPG.

King Story is only 35% complete, according to Famitsu, and isn't scheduled for release until some time in 2008. First video footage will be shown at September's Tokyo Game Show.

Wow! Finaly some great news! Love the looks of this!

But..... will it make it´s way into western market? Do we have any confirmation on that?

Ugh gotta post that update on the main site, but I'm soooo lazy right now.

This looks really cool. It's like a mixture between RTS and RPG with some Harvest Moon thrown in.

This game looks awesome. I see elements of Pikmin, Harvest Moon and Animal Crossing in there. Adding a bit of Rune Factory and it'll an awesome game.

Speaking of Pikmin, I want to see a sequel to Pikmin2!