NEurope
Retro_Link

Little King's Story

Think this will be my Wii game of the year. Cant wait to march. Its also great that we in Europe get this game before NA and Japan. It some heavy names behind it. And the game's music is composed by Yoko Shimomura, famous for her music in the Kingdom Hearts series. Will buy this game on its release date.

A few paragraphs from an IGN hands-on:

The game is played with remote and nunchuk, but is also compatible with the Classic Controller; it eschews motion controls for direct input too, which is a refreshing change to the usual tacked-on nature of many Wii games' controls. Essentially, the game plays a lot like Pikmin – you use the control stick on the nunchuk to guide Little King around the landscape, with the D-pad's left and right points rotating the isometric camera. The king can walk up to anyone and use his royal might to pull them into line behind him – at first, one at a time, and later in formations of up to 50. Then, it's up to you to figure out the best way to use each townsperson to their fullest – soldiers for battling, farmers for harvesting, cooks for cooking and so on. To put them to work you literally face Little King towards a task and launch the townsperson towards it; the game's context-sensitive locations ensure that they'll do the appropriate action on the right spot.

[...]

It's also an experience that ultimately gives back what you put in. At an absolute minimum, we're told there's 20 hours of main storyline to complete – but to sample everything the game has to offer brings the number closer to 80 hours or longer. The minutiae of customising your village is where the meat of the game rests.

http://uk.wii.ign.com/articles/956/956114p1.html

I was going to hold off buying it, but it looks too original and polished to miss it on release now! It's out end of April now though supposadely, not March.

I was going to hold off buying it, but it looks too original and polished to miss it on release now! It's out end of April now though supposadely, not March.

That sucks, although I was debating on whether or not to buy it on release day or wait since March is quite a busy month so this made the decision easier since April is currently quiet apart from the DSi's launch.

Just watched that, H-o-T and I don't know why I find it so surprising that the game looks and sounds to be sweet! For some reason I particularly liked that bit, not too far into it, where it showed you them walking through an underground tunnel. Looked really cute!

haha, that was like having Dizzee Rascal narrating!

Wassup Darling, dis is like Little King's Story innit Aye!

Game looks like fun.

The gameplay interests me, but the game looks really childish.

So we're still not past this yet?

NGamer have reviewed this and give it a very impressive 92%!

Awesome, I'll probably certainly get this now. Is the latest issue out? Any Red Steel 2 info?

Oh, poor you.

Awesome, I'll probably certainly get this now. Is the latest issue out? Any Red Steel 2 info?

Im not sure, I nicked the score from GoNintendo. Nathan usually gets his copy early doesn't he?

I got mine, can't remember seeing anything about Red Steel 2 though. Although I haven't read it properly yet.

Edit: Quickly checked the contents page and they don't have anything on Red Steel 2. They posted a message on their twitter page just saying "contents may change" so I think that's what they were referring to.

Edited by Ike

So we're still not past this yet?

So that bloke acting all happy in the video didn't put you off?

As I said the gameplay looks good, but that interview put me off.

Btw do you think you lot can explain, why i'm wrong with what I said without acting like a bunch of hill billies?

Sorry did I offend you because I think a game you like looks childish, ffs grow up.

So that bloke acting all happy in the video didn't put you off?

As I said the gameplay looks good, but that interview put me off.

Btw do you think you lot can explain, why i'm wrong with what I said without acting like a bunch of hill billies?

Sorry did I offend you because I think a game you like looks childish, ffs grow up.

No, it didn't put me off. The game's been getting rave p/reviews from just about every media outlet, I think the 'childish' thing is just getting a little old.

And did I strike a chord? As far as I can tell, my post wasn't written in a redneck manner, nor am I offended. I fail to see how a simple sentence has provoked such an aggravated response.

Well it was mainly aimed at D_P. SO I take it a lot of other people have made similar comments to mine?

Well it was mainly aimed at D_P. SO I take it a lot of other people have made similar comments to mine?

No, they haven't.

I kinda like that about it. Like I mentioned above, I thought the video was decent and the guy speaking seemed to be genuinely enthusiastic about Little King. I've not bought any of the so-called "mature" games that have been coming out recently on Wii and DS, quirky games that are brimming with charm are what catch my attention more. :)

I kinda like that about it. Like I mentioned above, I thought the video was decent and the guy speaking seemed to be genuinely enthusiastic about Little King. I've not bought any of the so-called "mature" games that have been coming out recently on Wii and DS, quirky games that are brimming with charm are what catch my attention more. :)

When I said childish I didn't mean like childish as in cartooney graphics, but the way the guy was representing the game looked like he's trying to go after the winnie the poohe crowd. Which is definently a kiddy game.

When I said childish I didn't mean like childish as in cartooney graphics, but the way the guy was representing the game looked like he's trying to go after the winnie the poohe crowd. Which is definently a kiddy game.

Ah, I didn't get that you were having a go specifically at the way the video presents the game, not the game itself. I just gave it a rewatch (found that clip of them walking through the underground tunnel to be really cute again :heh:) but I felt that the guy, Tyrone whoever, was just speaking to the average gamer, anyone just like you and I. He probably described stuff in a way that anyone could understand, yeah, but I didn't feel like it was exclusively aimed at seven year olds.