NEurope
Retro_Link

Little King's Story

It's always great to see some good games for 2008, the line up for that is still a bit empty although will take shape sooner to the time.

This is the sort of game the Wii needs, it's all original and different :).

It's always great to see some good games for 2008, the line up for that is still a bit empty although will take shape sooner to the time.

Yea, late 2008 is very secretive ATM. Isn't it just Civilisation Revolution and Final Fantasy The Crystal Bearers we know of so far (apart from the obvious EA Sports titles)?

Everyone is focusing on this year, and it looks as if games are getting announced closer and closer to their release dates. It won't be long before you can purchase a game from an online store the day it is announced.

Yea, late 2008 is very secretive ATM. Isn't it just Civilisation Revolution and Final Fantasy The Crystal Bearers we know of so far (apart from the obvious EA Sports titles)?

Everyone is focusing on this year, and it looks as if games are getting announced closer and closer to their release dates. It won't be long before you can purchase a game from an online store the day it is announced.

Well, I think Nintendo are purposefully being secretive on their 2008 line up as they want the focus entirely on Metroid, Mario and Smash Bros's.

However, I think Pikmin 3, that forgotten Kirby Game, Animal Crossing and the 'new IP' from Nintendo are all going to be some of the bigger games in the 2008 line up. There's that Monster Lab game too, and we know quite a few of early 2008.

The people working on the game are:

Producer: Yoshiro Kimura

Credits: Moon; Lack of Love; Chulip; Rule of Rose (game design)

Director: Yoichi Kawaguchi

Credits: Dragon Quest VIII (main programmer); Dark Cloud 2 (event programmer)

Character Design: Hideo Minaba

Credits: Final Fantasy Tactics (map designer); Final Fantasy IX (art director); Final Fantasy XII (art director)

Monster Design: Kazuyuki Kurashima

Credits: Live a Live (character/monster design); Super Mario RPG (character/monster design); Mario & Luigi (game design)

Developers: Cing (Hotel Dusk; Trace Memory); Townfactory (no credits, but run by ex-Level 5 staffers)

It would be cool if there were different 'kingdoms'. Like an Egyptian/desert one or a Aztec/jungle one and with different technologies, jobs and enemies. The old Europe style gets a bit tiresome.

It would be cool if there were different 'kingdoms'. Like an Egyptian/desert one or a Aztec/jungle one and with different technologies, jobs and enemies. The old Europe style gets a bit tiresome.

You think the European style gets tiresome and you live in Great Britain? Shame on you.

You think the European style gets tiresome and you live in Great Britain? Shame on you.

Nothing wrong with a little diversity. I'm not some patriotic CONservative btw.

I doubt we'll see any other kind of setting. Europe's pretty big though, they can probably work something out.

But I can see this game being set almost always in the same place like Harvest Moon.

I doubt we'll see any other kind of setting. Europe's pretty big though, they can probably work something out.

But I can see this game being set almost always in the same place like Harvest Moon.

But you know, its quite possible this game is set on a world map, since there will (might) be rival kingdoms. Hmmmmmm...INTERESTING!!

But you know, its quite possible this game is set on a world map, since there will (might) be rival kingdoms. Hmmmmmm...INTERESTING!!

I can't wait for this game :D

Sorry but this game just seems way too cutesy to me, then again I couldn't stand Animal Crossing either.

I'll stick with Pikmin.

Probably too early to say but they need to sharpen up the visuals. I also dislike the 'cute' art style, I mean they could still be 'chibi' in appearance but give it some 'mature' appeal, not like something that came out of a Humpty Dumpty book.

King Story, this game is looking VERY promising. It's got a very charming style, it's unique and has the Nintendo quirkiness to it and it's not even developed by them!

I like how it's a mix of Pikmin, Harvest Moon and Animal Crossing. Every villager looks different and apparently has its own schedule. Very ambitious title. Definitely should keep an eye on it!

I really hope you get to command your armies and do some conquering. I love city building games, but I also love beingable to destroy other peoples' cities!

Im confused. This looks similar to the WiiWare games the japanese are enjoying now but it seems a little different. Is it another 'Ware title, an expansion for it, or a whole new title with no bearin to said 'Ware game and being released in Disc format?